[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're home John..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
You're home John..
>>
Worst season after Coven, but best character in all seasons.

Evan Peters is a pretty based actor in general.
>>
>>63413318
Its wierd, i'm actually enjoying it but only because of certain characters.
There's no horror or suspense in this season outside of Evan Peters character and the Cop story/arc.

The whole Lady Gaga part really doesn't interest me in the slighest, and its not that she's a bad actor its just that i don't care/adds nothing of vaule to this other plot arc.
>>
>>63413762
>>63413318
Germanotta is basically just playing Lady Gaga and the characters are lacking any depth and variety.
Literally more than half the cast is just vampires. Too many shit i don't care for and now that the killer was revealed (which was horrible btw), i'll just watch the last 2 episodes because i came so far.
Best character is Liz Taylor
>>
>>63413887
When they started making people vampires by the dozen it ruined it. Like you said, why do i care?

>Worst season after Coven
The show went to shit from S3 onwards. Season 4 had its good moments (Particuarly Dandy) but there was so much loss potential.

S5 has so many plot holes and illogical moves that i'm just not enjoying it. Evan Peters and Denis O'Hare (Transgender guy) make this season thus far. I do like the MC of this season too, meaning the cop. He's kind of one dimensional but still, i've seen worse.

The only interesting premise of this whole 'vampire plot line' was when the entire school was infected. I thought that had great potential but we've still yet to hear anything about that. If it gets a quick ending in the final 2 episodes i'll be pissed. Also whats that voodoo bitch doing in the show now? She kind of entered the hotel for revenge and then.... left?!

Also killing of Dandy so he can play as a different character seemed a wierd move. They should have just had him play as either the latter or former character (Though Gaga does mention they looked similair, not the same!)
>>
File: pogotheclown1.jpg (24 KB, 449x333) Image search: [Google]
pogotheclown1.jpg
24 KB, 449x333
>>63414177
The show suffers because Murphy decide he wanted to start shoehorning as much SJW-tier bullshit into it. Getting preachy with "social justice" on a supposedly horror show isn't scary, it's annoying.

It's funny how they keep trying to inject this sociopolitical shit into everything like no one is going to notice. It's a large part of why the "SJW movement" is a step away from failing: like every other retarded and extreme "liberal left" group that came before it, they have duped themselves into believing that they're somehow "smarter" than "the masses," where "the stupid masses" can typically see through that in .3 seconds, which is why crackpot leftist groups always bleed support and public good will as the sperg their way towards trying to grab more power and influence.

Everyone will look back on this era the same way people look back on similar shit that happened in the 90's: as a huge fucking joke. AHS could have remained decent and somewhat timeless in it's presentation, now it will be regarded as just another clumsy, reaching product of this era.
>>
>>63414817
>SJW
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>63414902
It's because you know I'm right, and it scares the shit out of you. You thought you owned the future. You now realize that you were wrong.
>>
File: what.png (156 KB, 297x340) Image search: [Google]
what.png
156 KB, 297x340
>>63414817
>>63414941
>>
>>63414177
>The only interesting premise of this whole 'vampire plot line' was when the entire school was infected. I thought that had great potential but we've still yet to hear anything about that.
I'm still holding on to my hopes they're going to do something fun with it, although the chances are getting slimmer with every passing episode. They should have just had that infection spiral completely out of control in the background and then turn the show into something like the codensed bastard child of something like The Strain for that last stretch, that would amuse me greatly. At least it would come unexpected, unlike the big reveal about our detective.

But no, Murphy is to busy wasting screentime on shit like having a male fashion model hump a tranny to show off his "progressive" credentials. Only goes to show where his priorities lie - sadly not on presenting a good horror flick.
>>
>>63415322
Couldn't agree more.
After that episoede i was hoping (even now, if the final two episodes focus on just the hotel) that the rest of the show would keep the cast inside the hotel, and with the finale reveal/whatever the remaining characters would find the world being progessivaly overrun by vampires/people craving blood etc.
>>
File: 1407453700795.jpg (49 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1407453700795.jpg
49 KB, 320x287
So what do you guys think the next season should be about to save the series?

I'm thinking AHS: Moonbase. So many possibilities:
>claustrophobic settings
>ancient aliens and/or space nazis
>good ol' unknown force from outside the base
>WW3 goes nuclear and they can't go home
>>
So, uhh
What ever happened with that drill dick addiction demon?
It was in the first episode and seemed like it was gonna be something major, then...
>>
>>63415919
If I'm not mistaken it was shortly seen in the latest episode when March threatened Sally to end his protection of her. Seems like its just another dangerous presence lurking within the hotel's shadows, but without any immediate relevance to the plot. Most likely it won't be playing a big part anymore, since there's enough other shit going on that has to be resolved first.
>>
>>63415919
Its in episode 8 ever so briefly.
Its linked to Sarah Paulsons character and when she gets angry/upset or something i believe.

Not sure whether its a figment of her sexual frustration, anger or whatever, but we've only ever seen it on screen with her except once (When that kid sees it through the glass door)

>I'm thinking AHS: Moonbase. So many possibilities

Yeah space is always a good choice but its been in recent times through films and the such (not always good) so i doubt they'll enter that. Though your idea on WW3 and beings uck on the moon sounds refreshing.

I'd like them to go farther back in time and have something based around Beasts. (Not in the same sense as Coven though the voodoo ritual should come back again). Perhaps Werewolves during a Viking/Gaulic era'. I don't know, but something refreshing.

The modern era clearly only worked in S1 in Ghost House, and S2 being set in an Asylum was effective, while Coven and Hotel being set in the prsent have turned up dissapointing.
>>
>>63416175
It was in the background, yeah. But it was one of the things in the synopsis of the series before it was released. I don't get why they didn't do anything with it
>>
>>63415780
Remember when that's what everyone was expecting it to be?
Because there were a shit ton of space-themed names in Freakshow.
It was set in JUPITER
with the main character Elsa MARS
>>
>>63415780
AHS: 120 Days of Sodom

Finally Murphy will be able to film all the gay orgies he so desperately craves without restraint.
>>
>>63416175
It's her purpose. Since she a ghost, the ghost rule is have purpose to be free around the hotel. If not, they wandering around the hallways in limbo.
>>
>>63412940

Best season since Asylum. Coven and Sideshow or whatever the fuck were awful.

Next season needs to be Hillbilly Hoedown.
>>
>>63413318
>wirse than coven
Nigger i know your high and dont know what your talking about. Hotel has it changed up where they arent having the cast play the same type of character.
Evan peters is stealing the show.
But offical power ranking of ahs:
Hotel, asylum, murder house, freak show(fin was the saving grace as the psychotic man child)..... A huge sack of radioactive shit.... Then coven
>>
>>63416820
Hotel does NOT go above asylum. It goes under murder house, above freakshow, but its still total shit in comparison to the first two
>>
>>63415780
Something conspiracy almost lovecraftian.

Hotel had an option for so many good concepts espically using h.h. holmes with the cecil/holmes hotel as a influience
>>
So, am I the only one who actually enjoyed Coven? Granted, there was zero horror in it, but as a gang war show in disguise it was pretty funny to watch. If only they didn't overuse the resurrection from the dead like crazy.
>>
>>63416922
>asylum
>lange is a bitch character
>peters is an innocent kid mixed up in something he didnt do
>Paulson is the focus who has something bad happen to her.
>rabe is the innocent/free spirit again
Freak show and coven are last nigger
>>
>>63417036
It was people in a house. With too many kids in the show.
The only interesting part, or the actual only part i gave a shit about in that show apart from Jessica Lange was the Voodoo group and the racist women from the past.

That small storyline/plot between the Voodoo queen and the women who tortured/slaved blacks was interesting and i wanted to see how it would progress.

Other than that, i didn't give a shit about the kids, blind women, the hermit lass or anything else.
>>
laziest "twist" ever
>>
>>63417036
Coven was a letdown for me because i am a fan of the occult. Like thats sonething im a sucker for and it didnt really use that as much as it could haveto make it dark. Plus i hate enma roberts
>>
>>63417085
I don't know what you're even saying. But it was great, I loved asylum, and all of those things worked well, even if they were stereotypical for the actors.
This is my order of favorites
Asylum>Murder House>>Hotel>>>>Freakshow>>>>>Coven
>>
>>63417157
The series was getting stale due to type casting.
I liked asylum and hotel the most but i would put hotel just above murder house.
I like when its incredibly dark
>>
>>63417141
Yeah when they first announced Coven I was pretty excited because I had just finished Asylum and thought it would be another nice little period piece
I thought it was going to be solely based in the 1800s with old grimey witches akin to those we saw in that Rob Zombie witch movie, I forget the name. THAT would have been great to watch but they really shit the bed when they modernized it
>>
>>63414177
>Also killing of Dandy so he can play as a different character seemed a weird move.

I just assumed the idea was that Gaga's infatuation for him came from how much of how he reminder her of the other (at least that was my thought on it.)

I'm enjoying this season but only because of the characters (though not the vampire shit, that's just boring to me because it's kind of going nowhere.) The problem is everything Ryan Murphy does suffers from going to shit because he's awful (or if he is given more than one season, he truly showcases how shit he is, aka Glee.)

Between this and Scream Queens though, I'm getting my fill of great characters but shows that literally are LOL SO RAndOm every episode that by the time they get to the end, I stop giving a shit long before it.
>>
>>63417193
>The series was getting stale due to type casting.
It was the second season.
It was the first time Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson were put in major roles and Evan Peters was an entirely different character to S1.
So was Lily Rabe
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.