[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it common knowledge among the general public that anakin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Was it common knowledge among the general public that anakin skywalker was Vader. Or did only the higher ups like tarkin and surviving jedi know.
>>
File: mule.jpg (24 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mule.jpg
24 KB, 500x300
>>63411816
Hehe . . . meme.
>>
>>63411816
Only the Emperor, Obi Wan and maybe Yoda.
>>
>>63411816
No idea about Legends, that Tarkin novel makes it pretty clear that nobody but the Emperor, Yoda and Obi-Wan would have known.

Tarkin has never been told, but he has his suspicions and pretty much has it figured out. Tarkin, Sheev, and Vader form a trio of higher-up Imperials that came up from shithole outer rim systems, there's a kind of bond between them in that sense.
>>
I always figured it was just the Emperor, Obi-Wan and Yoda who knew.

I've never seen anything in the movies that suggests the public may have known Vader's identity.
>>
>>63413557
all those guys sitting around the table heckling him in a new hope seemed to know that he believed in the force, hard to say if they knew he was anakin though
>>
>>63414776
>he believed in force
Of course he did, like every Sith there ever was. Dark Side of the force is still force, him believing in force doesn't mean he once was a good Jedi
>>
>>63411816
Sheev, obi wan, and yoda knew, but they're dead now.
That leaves luke as the last who still knows, but he might've told his sister.
>>
File: IMG_20151204_150852.jpg (28 KB, 530x410) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_150852.jpg
28 KB, 530x410
>>63414702
Sheev was from naboo or however you spell it
>>
>>63414702
>Naboo
>shithole
>>
Imperial propaganda said that Anakin was killed in Order 66.

In the script for Jedi the Imperial higher ups knew Luke was Anakin's son. These characters were diminished in the final draft.
>>
Hard to say. Originally, Darth Vader was... his name. And everyone called him by name because that was his name. Everyone knew that Darth Vader was the emperor's errand boy ex-Jedi.

When they decided to retcon this, there's no real/easy answer.
>>
>>63416113
he told her in Jedi didnt he?
>>
>>63416178
>>63416206
Naboo is an outer rim world. That's why they had to stop at Tatooine while they were going from Naboo to Courescant, in the core.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.