[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably the closest thing we're gonna get to a sci-fi/fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: space columbine.jpg (41 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
space columbine.jpg
41 KB, 600x256
Probably the closest thing we're gonna get to a sci-fi/fantasy school massacre
>>
I saw a security hologram of the janitor... deleting memelings
>>
>>63410940
>what is Utopia
Channel 4 broadcast it literally around a week after Sandy Hook, too, the absolute madmen...
>>
What's worse? The fact that Anakin goes from Jedi to child murderer in 5 minutes based on nothing or the fact that Obi-Wan still tries to talk sense into him as if killing a room full of children isn't enough to earn an execution?

Answer: the prequels are garbage movies
>>
>>63411516
If you want to be a total dick about it, actually people are capable of heel-face moral turns and explosive violence, especially when they are deeply maladjusted (Maybe watch the news?). Also, do you really think it's not Nice-Guy-Jedi MO to give people a final chance, no matter what? Especially if you personally know them?
>>
>>63411516
Not that other dude, but, really, Youngbi-Wan Kenobi knows Anakin is a full bipolar psycho and shit and that he should be arrested and prosecuted, even if what he has done warranted him an execution. That's supposed to be the Jedi way, remember?

That Anakin was unable to follow the Jedi way and killed the tusken raiders and Count Dooku were some of the reasons that explained why Anakin was always few steps away from the dark side... Once he saw one of the Jedi's paragons falling to fascism and menacing his own personal needs (by killing Palpie without due legal process), he fully gave up on commiting to the Jedi code and let his rage flow free after all those years of 'don't do this, be like this, let go all you feel' and shit.
>>
File: Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg
2 MB, 1920x816
>>63413386
>That's supposed to be the Jedi way, remember?
>>
>>63413439
They were there to arrest Sheev.
After arrested, he would answer to the due juridical process.
>>
>>63414924
>He has control over the Senate and the courts! He's too dangerous to be left alive
nah they were there to assassinate him
>>
>>63413439
I want a Kit Fisto spinoff film
Just him going on missions and wrecking shit
>>
>>63410940
Oh come on, you mean the obvious false flag attack orchestrated by the jedi to justify their failed coupe? The guy who did the massacre was a fucking Jedi. Yeah, of course they're going to claim he was a Sith. Kinda suspicious that he magically vanished and returned as a fucking robot. Nothing suspicious there. All fucking forceniggers need to be put down, they are subhuman scum that threaten our very existence.
>>
>>63415673
I'd rather watch Dexter Jettster's adventures than some random ass octopus
>>
>>63415773
https://youtu.be/Mn6DqDCBRwc?t=50
Kit's part on CW was great
>>
File: starwars younglings.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
starwars younglings.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>63410940
Not posting the webm.
>>
>>63416102
Originally posted on Something Awful, 2012:

How does George Lucas crush someone's soul in two words?

This is sometime between the release of Episode 1 and Episode 2 - probably fall of 2000. We had a continually running class that took on one or two directors for the entire semester. The year before I had taken the Hitchcock class. This semester it was on George Lucas. The class filled super quickly because it was open to all students and film students didn't get priority, so basically if you weren't a senior or lucky junior you didn't get in. Unless you were working in the projection booth for that class, like I was.

The class is roughly 250 people with a makeup of what you probably suspect. The Q and A with George was week 14, so by then we had been able to recognize certain people from up in the booth. One of those people was basically a tall, skinny guy who was obviously a HUGE fan of Star Wars. He wasn't a jerky pedantic fan, but you could tell from his questions throughout the year (and from random conversations we would hear him in before class) that he absolutely adored the films and the characters. He was also one of the big Jar Jar apologists in the class and would passionately defend Episode 1, which seemed to be what half of the questions and conversations outside of the class and during the break were about. Frankly, he seemed like a nice enough guy and was much more tolerable than a lot of the other "noticeable" people in that class. For simplicity I'll just call him Tim because it is short to type.
>>
>>63416143
Cut to George Lucas day. The professor gives a thirty minute spiel waxing poetic about University Board Member and huge donor Mr. Lucas. Gorge Speaks for about twenty minutes. Then there is a Q and A session which lasts about an hour. One microphone on each of the two aisles, people standing in line to ask questions, professor stepping in from time to time to expand on things. This class runs from 7 to 11 at night, so it is around 9 as the session wraps up. There are only a couple of people left in line to ask questions, and we notice up in the booth that Tim has slowly made his way down one of the aisles and now is the last person in that line.

Tim's time finally comes, and it looks like he will be the second to the last question. He approaches the mic and starts his question - or more correctly his explanation. He goes on about how he always felt the strength of the films was in the protagonists, and how thoughts of Luke, Leia, Han and Chewey always helped get him through sad times because they were such fun and life-embracing people (people, not characters). I can't even paraphrase everything he said, or how his excitement and joy grew with each word, but after a couple of minutes he finally got to the question. "So, basically, my question is to ask what happened to them after Jedi. Did they stay friends? Go on more adventures? Did they ever have kids of their own?"

This whole time George has been sitting in his chair with the table and water at his side on the stage in front of the screen. He doesn't move or blink during the question, and appears to be giving Tim his rapt attention. After Tim finishes, he looks up for a moment or two in a "pondering" pose, then looks back and slowly says "They died."
>>
>>63416170
Tim just sort of slowly stood at the mic after that. I couldn't see his face, but his entire body just sort of slumped. The person in the other aisle just quietly said "I think you answered my question already" and went back to his seat. The theater was pitch quiet, Lucas had turned back to face the center of the theater and took a sip of water, and the professor just sort of slowly walked forward and said "If there are no more questions, lets take our break and start the film in ten minutes."

People slowly shuffled out of the theater. I had to stay in the booth to get things set up, so I never saw Tim's face, but I do know it took him about two minutes before he left that now dead mic on the left aisle. I didn't see anyone in his seat once we got the film going after break. Tim didn't show for the final class, although to be fair there was only one more class left, and that is the one that they screened Episode 1. I can't honestly say I blame him.

I knew a few people who took the class, and I guess Tim turned in his final about thirty minutes into the test. Those finals are two to three hour multi-part essay tests, and you take them in the big theater, so everyone saw him turn it in way, way before anyone else finished. I'd love to have read what he wrote in that bluebook.
>>
File: arrest.jpg (41 KB, 340x460) Image search: [Google]
arrest.jpg
41 KB, 340x460
>>63415764
>justify their failed coupe?
Like a Delorean?
>>
Did it annoy the shit out of anyone else how incompetent Anakin was?

In Episode II he goes to the retard planet to rescue Obi-Wan. He gets captured like a dumbass. Then he fights Count Dooku. He gets his arm cut off. End movie.

In Episode III he fights Count Dooku and actually wins, cutting the old man's head off. Then he sucker punches Mace Windu. Then he gets his ass kicked by Obi-Wan. End movie.

The only time he's actually the "cunning warrior" and "powerful Jedi" Obi-Wan and Yoda describe him as is when he's facing off against a group of totally helpless victims.

He carves his way through the Sand People, who are armed only with primitive weapons. He kills an entire tribe.

Then he cuts through an army of droids, which for three movies have proven themselves to be 100% worthless against Jedi.

Then when he storms the Jedi temple he does it with the backing of an entire fucking army. And instead of killing the Jedi man to man he just goes in the nursery and kills all the children.

Then he goes to Mustafar and kills a group of feeble politicians.

The only thing Anakin ever accomplished was killing Dracula and that assassination worm I guess.
>>
>>63410940
There was absolutely no need for this scene.

It's a horrible tonal inconsistency between Anakin and Vader's redemption.

He massacred children on two separate occasions, but gets to be a smiley Jedi ghost because he threw an old man down a hole.
>>
>>63416574
Most his accomplishments are probably in cartoon shit.
In ep2 he's a padawan teenager, the time he defeats Dooku is at the height of his Jedi career, but when he loses to Obi he's a young Sith with no training in the Sith arts.
>>
File: 1448475655593.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
1448475655593.gif
2 MB, 320x384
>>63416275
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.