[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I actually got to see this pre-release yesterday. It was pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: in-the-heart-of-the-sea-poster.jpg (1 MB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
in-the-heart-of-the-sea-poster.jpg
1 MB, 1382x2048
So I actually got to see this pre-release yesterday. It was pretty good.

If you liked Life of Pi, you'll probably like this. It's very similar. Also, no, they don't kill the whale.
>>
How much of it is awful CGI and green screen? As much as the trailer made it seem? The trailer made it look worse than the PJ Hobbit movies.?
>>
File: 1399475892395.jpg (27 KB, 423x315) Image search: [Google]
1399475892395.jpg
27 KB, 423x315
>watching a movie about a whale
>>
I liked Life of Pi, will ilegally download this
>>
>no whaling the whale
Pansy, estrogen-driven, dickless bullshit. Who wants to watch an overdone rehash that brings nothing to the table but destroying the central plot for the sake of the children? Fuck this, fuck the director, fuck your Commonwealth actors that tarnish an American treasure for the fifth time and fuck the CGI companies for promising more than they could deliver apart from whale-spotting and "tension".

FUCK.
>>
>>63410591
The problem with the book (and I assume the movie too) is that you can really tell why Melville thought "instead of doing exactly this story, I'm going to write a new story that sort of also features stuff about a boat and a whale".

Why is Hollywood so afraid to touch Moby-Dick?
>>
>>63410657
>unless it's blackfish

worth it just to see orcas rekt humans
>>
>>63410677

I literally can't even understand what is triggering you.
>>
>>63410633
I didn't think the CG was that bad at all. The white whale looked great. Also there were plenty of practical effects, i.e. the ship sinking, putting a greenhorn down the decapitated head of a whale to gather fat and oil, he,ll even the cast went on the verge of looking like skeletons when they were lost at sea for like 80 days.

Also they ate a black guy after he died.
>>
>>63410677
It's not a Moby-Dick adaptation; it's based on the event that inspired Melville to write Moby-Dick.
>>
Also, when I mean it's like Life of Pi, I mean it in the sense of

>Guy (Melville) interviews lone survivor
>Movie is mostly in flashbacks
>>
>>63410633

A good chunk. Of course none of the whales are real, they are fully CGI. You can tell that sometimes they are filming on boats with real water and the beaches are actual locations, but yes, there is a lot of computer-generated sea.

It's a competent movie, Howard did his job. 7/10
>>
>>63410709
And that it's to the effect of being a good movie.
>>
>>63410591
>films no woman would understand
>>
>>63410693
>triggering
Do you use that word in daily life like a fucking college drone or what? I'm angry. Suck my dick.
>>
File: 0kyojGIr.jpg (148 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
0kyojGIr.jpg
148 KB, 1252x1252
>>63410744
I asked a couple chicks at the pre-release why they were there to see it, they just said they wanted to see it because Hemsworth was in it.
>>
>>63410709

Oh.

Will not ilegally download this then.
>>
File: JUST DO IT.gif (778 KB, 299x360) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.gif
778 KB, 299x360
>>63410769
>>
>>63410763

Not like the true patric gender there to scope out new cvcukposting memes
>>
File: 1381977461084.gif (910 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1381977461084.gif
910 KB, 200x150
>Mfw the greenhorn described in detail how they ate the nigger
>>
>>63410591
is it in 3d? because the 3d was a big part of Life of Pi imo
>>
Is the action easy to follow or chaotic? I noticed that some people who died irl aren't even listed as characters on imdb so I assume it happens really quickly in a standard blockbuster fashion with bodies flying everywhere?

Also apparently some guy deserted the ship in Ecuador before the attack. I'm curious is this shown in the movie. It would tell me a lot about how Ron Howard wanted to be faithful to the story.
>>
>>63411046
Why don't you try watching it instead of screaming out for spoonfeeding?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.