[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumanji Time Travelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: time traveller.jpg (69 KB, 666x570) Image search: [Google]
time traveller.jpg
69 KB, 666x570
I've rewatched Jumanji recently, and here's an idea I got after seeing this absolutely perfect happy ending:

Why don't people just use the game as a time machine?

>Start playing the game
>Make just one move
>Something minor happens, a lion shows up or whatever, not something that would end the world
>Don't continue with the game, live your life as usual
>If you are not content with how your life works out, just finish the game (preferrably after searching a rather safe spot and acquiring some weapons)!
>Start your life all over again

I mean, why not?
Would you do it?
>>
>>63407690

Too many variables, lot of bullshit on that board, and you can't cheat the dice either without repercussions, a bad first roll could fuck you over.
>>
>>63407690
>your roll lands on the 'release the nubians' square
>>
Who knows WHAT could happen next? There are only so many moves made but there are certainly endless scenarios that the evil camphor wood box throws at you to catch you off guard. The cartoon series adaptation confirms this to some degree.
>>
>>63407690

>be neet
>find jumanji somehow
>"fuck yeah I'll use it as a time machine like anon said!!"
>roll first turn
>"In the jungle you must wait, until you roll a 5 or 8"
>sucked into the game
>hunted down within minutes

I don't think that's the best idea.
>>
you now realize the Peter and Judy we spend the entire with cease to exist
>>
>>63407775
They only recently lost their parents, so they were the same lovable ragamuffins until the skiing accident, which is pretty much months earlier before they first come onto the scene.
>>
>>63407775

But they remember everything, so they do exist but are just returned to being 13
>>
>>63407775

Yeah so?
>>
>>63407763
>be neet
>find jumanji somehow
>"fuck yeah I'll use it as a time machine like anon said!!"
>roll first turn
>Something inane like a train runs through my living room
>Collect house insurance and plan to abuse this power as best I can
>Live 40 years
>Realize I made nothing of myself because I am a fucking neet loser
>Reset and try again
>Live 40 years
>Realize I made nothing of myself because I am a fucking neet loser
>Reset and try again ad naseum

It's like KPAX. You can't escape your own nature.
>>
>>63407809
they don't remember, I thought that for a while too but they don't
>>
>>63407809

>But they remember everything

Actually no they don't, only Peter and Sarah do as the originally two players of the game
>>
>>63407848

Yeah didn't realize he was talking about the kids, been awhile since I've seen the movie and forgot the names
>>
>>63407814

you really wanna risk being attacked by monkeys, having rhinos stampede through your living room, having a giant spider web you up and suck you dry, to try and time travel?

good luck familia
>>
but you need 4 players OP
>>
This plan requires multiple people, and if just one of those people doesn't want to relive their life again you are fucked. Half of those jumanji punishments require the help of others to get through. You can't beat the game on your own
>>
>>63407690
>make first roll
>it's just bats
>"heh, nice"
>put game away
>some dumb kid finds it because that game is noisy as fuck
>starts playing
>fucks your plans over
>>
>>63407926
Just find some hobos to play with you if you have no friends.
The first move you can make alone, can't you?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.