[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This South Park saga can go one of two ways: > Season wraps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: 960.jpg (57 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
57 KB, 960x540
This South Park saga can go one of two ways:

> Season wraps up nicely, having made their points on advertising, political correctness and American culture shifts.

or

> Blame everything on le big random manatee chicken monster from space

I'm worrying they might cop out and go with the latter.
>>
>>63406452
Buckle up, buckaroos.
>>
is this the first time south park has related every episode in a season together?
>>
>>63406554
They started last season.
>>
They need to use the finale to blow the fuck out gamergate shitlords once and for all.
>>
>>63407037

You think they'd waste that episode of targeting the video game niche? Nobody gives a fuck about girl gamers and they've already done enough on SJW.
>>
>>63407037
That shitty "scandal" about game reviews?
Nah
>>
File: 1448774155651.png (15 KB, 467x489) Image search: [Google]
1448774155651.png
15 KB, 467x489
>>63407037
I can't believe that there are people on an internet forum for chinese cartoons that are this shitty at posting.
>>
>>63406554
did you miss season 18?
>>
You forgot the third option:
>it's all build up for "The Fractured But Whole"
>>
>>63406572
This is the first time it seems like they planned to do it from the start instead of actually making randy lordeand keeping that storyline because of some triggered journalist, this time it's an arc instead of simply acknowledging previous episodes of that season
>>
>>63407298
it is this
>>
File: stewart-lee-23.jpg (1 MB, 1701x2551) Image search: [Google]
stewart-lee-23.jpg
1 MB, 1701x2551
>>63407037
top notch meta-humour friend
>>
It's an advert for their new video game.

That would be fucking awesome.
>>
>>63407298
that title is really good
>>
whatever happens this board will probably be angry
>>
Or it could be both, since you know, metaphors.
>>
>>63407896

Farcical humor on SP is not always metaphorical, don't forget this show is not just social commentary, sometimes it's just plain old jokes.
>>
>>63407812
your goddamn right we will.
>>
It will end with a silly joke and a ad for the new game
>>
>>63407776

M E T A
E
T
A
>>
>>63408164

How about an advert for PewDiePie?

I like how two old guys have realized you sound fucking irrelevant when you start making fun of new things. PewDiePie IS indeed shit but at least they admitted they don't understand it rather than saying nobody else should enjoy it.
>>
>>63406554

Season 4

Season 18.
>>
PC PRINCIPAL WAS TRYING TO HELP. Not all ads are bad! SUCK IT. Anyone disagreeing is thinking with their dick.
>>
>>63406452
>implying it's not gonna be crabpeople
>>
I don't even know what I'm hoping to see. If it's crab people or other wacky twist in the end, then the whole season has been one overly strecthed copy of Mystery of Urinal Deuce episode. If it ends in an ad about the upcoming game, then the whole season has been a single advert for the game with the episodes being more or less filler until they deliver this one single joke.

I'm slightly optimistic that Parker can exceed my expectations, but at the same time I'm very pessimistic seeing how shitty the show has been for a decade or so.
>>
They already did the "it was all an elaborate ad for the game" with Stick of Truth after the Got/video game trilogy.
>>
>>63407072
>game reviews
>game awards
>press collusion
>lack of standards
>shoddy reporting/outright lying
>bullying
>bomb threats
>Law & Order
>>
>>63407037

They already had an episode about ethics in journalism
>>
It will be either

>buy our new game
or
>crab people are taking over
>>
>>63407298

It's too early for that, the game's not coming out before season 20
>>
File: latest[1].png (601 KB, 705x540) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
601 KB, 705x540
search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
Whatever happened to Stans sister?
>>
>>63406452

The villain is Stan's Facebook Profile from the episode You Have 0 Friends

I have a feeling Kyle will have a freakout like he did in the Tooth Fairy episode.
>>
>>63408942
You shouldnt ignore what theyve been talking about for a whole season if they end it in a silly way. The journey is more important than the destination, sometimes
>>
>>63409850
She had a big role last season, so they're probably giving the character a rest
>>
File: 1429729419534.gif (91 KB, 322x324) Image search: [Google]
1429729419534.gif
91 KB, 322x324
>>63406452
>The whole season will end with the reveal that it was all an ad for The Fractured But Whole.

>>63407596
I agree. Last season it just felt like they were continuing episodes, like it wasn't exactly leading up to something, it was just one bizarre event following another. I don't know how much of this season was planned ahead, but it was definitely much more connected.
>>
>>63409198
It's still fucking video games and none of it is that serious you child
>>
>>63407037
If anything they've been shitting on anti-gamergate SJWs.
>>
>>63406452
Why do you faggots think they have some kind of political agenda or are trying to push their opinions? It's just a comedy show they make for laughs. Anyone that gets their political views from a cartoon comedy show or takes any of their jokes seriously should be shot. You faggots that look for political views in everything are just as bad as the sjws looking for sexism and racism in everything.
>>
>>63409850
She was in last week's episode.
>>
>>63412903
The things it has revealed about collusion and bad or outright false reporting in the mainstream (not games) media are big enough.
>>
>>63412974
>outright targets SJWs and feel-good liberals
>lol you're just looking into it too much
making fun of everyone is not the same as making fun of no-one
>>
>>63413054
This. GG is too small for anyone who actually matters to take care in. They're doing a great job making fun fun of SJWs and bad reporting on media as a whole. Zooming in on GG would be a step down. If anything, they should have started with that, if they were going to. As they didn't, honestly, they don't give a fuck.

You know what I'm most interested though, I want to see if Garrison running stays for next season, since that'd come right around election time.
>>
>>63413182
>I want to see if Garrison running stays for next season, since that'd come right around election time
I refuse to believe that they didn't start that storyline just so that if when trump becomes president, they make fun of it by having garrison president in south park while remaining topical
>>
>>63406452
The finale is going to be just an add for their new game
>>
>last scene
>jimmy confronts leslie in her lair
>I CAN END THIS ALL, JIMMY
for about tree fiddy
>>
>>63412998
Grandpa is still around? I thought stan killed him for some reason.
>>
>>63413402
Didn't say we could expect a Grandpa episode this season? It's a shame that didn't come to be.
>>
i hope the entire season end up being one huge ad for whole foods
>>
>>63413089
Targets? There might not be any political agenda even if they joke about some caricatures. It's like they've been super critical of police since the beginning because SP police department used to consist solely of Buttbaby who is a legitimate retard.
>>
OR, or they say just say fuckka youu watchers, with 4th wall collapse
>>
>>63406452
>"The epic finale of this season of South Park..."
>"Will not be seen today!"
>"(trumpet noise)"
Queue 30 minute Terrence and Phillip episode
>>
>>63413913
>caricatures of a political nature
NO SATIRE HERE
>>
>>63409280
>>63409422
>>63413380
>>63413391
>>63414131
Any of these would make me happy.
>>
File: VWDXsrx.png (78 KB, 1116x726) Image search: [Google]
VWDXsrx.png
78 KB, 1116x726
>>63414131
I'd fucking love that.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.