[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEFTOVERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: first_shitpost.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
first_shitpost.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
God damn son
>>
GOAT season
>>
This is the best show I've seen in years. Not for the general dumb American but a masterpiece that challenges your own beliefs and feelings.
>>
I enjoyed Season 1 while it aired and wasn't too excited about S2 since so many other shows were amazing last year.

This might be my show of the year this season was fucking immaculate.
>>
I was half expecting Justin Theroux realize that he had woken up in hell.
>>
>>63405502
go to bed
>>
Some poon cast the girl who plays the daughter for the female lead in the American Death Note remake.
>>
File: death_note_2_still11[1].jpg (120 KB, 1279x853) Image search: [Google]
death_note_2_still11[1].jpg
120 KB, 1279x853
>>63406852

Wonder if she'll actually be blonde and spunky or just go the TV route.
>>
Too bad only a small minority of /tv/ watches it.
>>
I have a few thoughts on this show;
Megan is the most attractive woman ever.
I liked how Kevin had his whole family back together at the end.
I also enjoy how it isn't tip-toeing around IS IT SUPERNATURAL? ISN'T IT?! WHO KNOWS LEL and went for the jugular.

GOAT
>>
>>63407297

I thought the camera would keep panning after Nora to show Patty, thank fuck it didn't
>>
>>63407331
Pretty sure I would have dropped the show.

Also what the fuck was the point of crazy baby-stealer girl? Just showing how fucking crazy all of the degenerates are?

Also; is this season meant to be an allegory about how great White countries are and then other whites thats feel GUILTY(remnant) let the degenerates and refugees in and fuck everything up?
>>
File: Leftovers FANTASTIC.webm (853 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Leftovers FANTASTIC.webm
853 KB, 1024x576
>>63405502

>his smile and optimism:ever stronger

What a great scene
>>
>>63407369

It let you know Tommy wasn't a complete faggot and didn't drink the GR koolaid.
>>
BUT GUYS
WHAT IF
Kevin stayed dead and from that point forward he helped people that die later in the show or something like that?
>>
>>63407466

DROPPED
>>
>>63407452
I would have drank it immediately if Meg had me inside of her.
>>
>>63407474
>that is worse than him coming back to life after singing a fucking song

Did he meet God?
>>
>>63407500
>>that is worse than him coming back to life after singing a fucking song

It's more the problem is LOL PSYCH-OUT THE FINALE WAS BULLSHIT HERE'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

Even the karaoke dude said it best, what's a song when you pushed a bitch down a well?
>>
File: 319609305_006_123_69lo.jpg (24 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
319609305_006_123_69lo.jpg
24 KB, 1024x576
can someone put that webm?
>>
SO WHY DID THE DOG RUN OUT OF JARDEN?
IS IT EVIL AND WASN'T ALLOWED IN SUCH A SACRED PLACE?
THE FUCKING EARTH QUAKE RANDOMLY, WAS THAT THE SPIRITS BEING MAD AT THE HIPPIES AND DEGENERATES RUINING THE TOWN?

FUCK WHAT A GREAT SHOW
>>
Should I watch this show?
>>
>>63407952

I say go for it, I liked the first season when it started but the 3rd episode really made me come on board, so yeah 3 episode rule, if it don't grab you, just quit no harm done, helps if you never got burned by Lindelof during the L O S T era.
>>
File: Leftovers s02e10 dogbro pls.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Leftovers s02e10 dogbro pls.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>63407889

Jarden's not his home and Kevin's not his owner, well first owner.

Just watch, next season in the background there'll be a report about a missing dog returning to his owner after 4 years.

still felt bad tho, was gone the whole season and when he returns he just leaves?
>>
Best show I have seen recently.
>>
What do you guys think season 3 will have in store?

>Kevin, John and Tom go to war against the GR
>Season opens with Matt's wife going braindead again after she gives birth.
>>
>>63408521
>>Kevin, John and Tom go to war against the GR

Doubtful, there's no benefit to, at least for Kevin and Tom, John well fuck him, he made his own bed, sleep in it, you putz.

>Season opens with Matt's wife going braindead again after she gives birth.

please no, let him be happy, that and I think the actress would appreciate more dialogue and scenes in the present.
>>
>>63405502
I'm satisfied with the ending. No need for a season 3.

And his Homeward Bound, man.
puu sh/lMwbE/ffc63cd4d6.webm
>>
File: 1431876850178.gif (491 KB, 275x155) Image search: [Google]
1431876850178.gif
491 KB, 275x155
>>63408521
more flashbacks
more flash forwards
more character centric episodes
kevin leading a-team, fireman leading b-team on gr missions
more magic
final episode ends with football game
>>
>>63408666

Nice satan trips.

Do you think they planned the magazine and shit to tie in to that song all along or just a coincidence?
>>
>>63407369
>>63407452
I think the point of the girl stealing the baby was a way to explain how Mary came back to life. Lily, Kevin and Nora's adopted baby, was Holy Wayne's baby. After the Earthquake that woke Mary up, notice how Nora lets Lily and Mary touch each other, maybe showing that Lily had some magical Holy Wayne powers. I think the reason they made a point for that chick to steal the baby was because while she was running away with the child, she either disappeared (departed) or just dropped the child. It could go either way because why would she go through all that trouble to steal the baby just to drop her on the ground, but at the same time people might've freaked out with a chick vanishing in thin air.

>>63408771
Probably. It was about a national park in a different state, but it was too quick and seemed like they just added it because they had footage.
>>
Absolutely phenomenal show and a great season. Those faggots at HBO better fucking renew it.
>>
>>63408611
Wait, wasn't that the guy that Kevin met at the bridge to Miracle and later at the karaoke while in his coma?
>>
Why did Evie run? What did her family (father, mother) do wrong? Since the showed the sign writing "you understand" and showed it to her mother.
>>
>>63409001

Nah, two different actors.

>>63409037

She just a rebellious little shit, their whole town turned into an exclusive theme park/gated community so she basically wanted them to stop smelling their own farts.
>>
File: ep06-nora-reading-paper-1024.jpg (260 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ep06-nora-reading-paper-1024.jpg
260 KB, 1024x576
>>63405502
I never had waifu and all that shit, but I find Nora strangely attractive.

She is by no means one night stand kinda beauty, nor is she a sex bomb but she does have that something, factor-x, if you wish.

Am I alone in this or someone shares my views about her?
>>
>>63409037
their family was breaking down and had many internal problems, take michael's speech at the church for example
>>
>>63409237
Im deeply madly in love with her
>>
>>63409237

>only now jumping on the Carrie Coon hype train

you see her thighs in Gone Girl? Divine.
>>
>>63409037
>>63409067
"You understand" could easily mean the town and how they needed to be taken down a peg, but I think it was really more of a personal thing between Evie and her mother. Evie's brother told the story about how her sister missed their father so much she would cry about it and when her mother found out they flooded the bathroom she lied about what had happened. Evie tried to stay strong and to have the ideal family unit one day in the future. When John finally came back into their lives he was a good father but clearly he had problems. Problems so bad Erika was getting ready to leave him as well, and possibly ditch her entire time. When Evie says "You understand" it's probably more of a "I know you were planning on leaving us, we lie and pretend we're safe behind this community but we're all had problems before, so fuck all ya'll".
>>
how can a black girl be this qt?
>>
>>63409394
I've seen her tits.
>>
>>63409394

Dem lips look chewable
>>
>>63409394

mocha mulatto caramel grils is the one true path, don't let the Chinese win.
>>
>>63409254
>>63409259
She is really something, like she knows what men actually look for in women that are keepers.

For me, first thing is, fucking makeup, there is none or very little and since she is way past 30,

she looks better than Jill's
(there is a scene where Jill and Nora are standing one near other and you can see even tho Jill is young ,in its prime, is nothing more than just a pretty face, maybe a great fuck, but Nora, she is on whole next level of beauty, she established that she is alpha female in instant it that episode(i think it is s02e04?,when they renovate the house) , or Meg. That alone points to me that she is a woman that is confident , without any psycho bitch complexes.
She has a really nice body, when she acts, her smile is warm and there is very little duck lips and that modern female crap.
She is a reasonable person, to a extent.
And last, her face is really,really....open?

Anyways, I really hope to see that actress in more stuff, she went totaly under my radar in Gone Girl, probably because
Amy was so fucking intensive.
These new breed of smart,confident, self reliable women that are not cheap beauties will be our end .
Now I have to wind off, im saving The IT Crowd last season, so i can get over the fact there is nothing else to watch anymore(except The Knick and Fargo).
>>
I'm actually totally fine with this being a series finale, it might not be perfect in a total finale type of sense where everything ties together, but it works incredibly well emotionally.

Plus, the main reason why this season was so good is because Lindelof read reviews and comments and fixed problems based on them, i'm afraid universal praise for this season is going to get into his head and it'll swerve into s1-pretentious territory again. It's the type of show that i think will suffer in a long run too, it's not a premise that can last forever, so 2 seasons might be a perfect length.
>>
>>63409582
yup thats her, can someone put the webm of running nude or in slow motion only her pretty please?
>>
i came home drunk from the bar last night and watched this shit. tore up at the ending. absolutely lost my shit like a little girl.
>>
>>63409666
>Carrie Coon
you are right, but you are an aspie weirdo at the same time, wonderful
>>
can someone make a webm of her instagram video? https://www.instagram.com/p/7_2owFEf8_/?taken-by=miss_jasmin_savoy
>>
Didn't realise this was the finale, seemed to be a great one though so it makes sense.
>>
Dropped it after the first season.

Did we finally know what the rapture was?
>>
>>63410380
>>63410116
>>63407558
>samefag

damn son, you're a Grade A pervert.

>>63410787
No.
>>
I haven't seen any of the show but I read the synposes on avclub.

All the afterlife bullshit sounds pointless, like Lindelof simply thinks adding in alternate timelines/realities/afterlives is enough to justify a tv show.
>>
>>63410904

>I haven't seen any of the show but I read the synposes on avclub.

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>63410848
>No.
Glad i dropped it.
>>
>>63411042
anon, let the mystery be
>>
>>63411121
I love mystery shows, but at least give us something.
I'm pretty sure they won't reveal a single thing about the rapture and i understand that the show isn't really about the truth about it, but how humanity deals with it.
That's why i dropped it, it's not my kind of show. I wanted some more LOST, at least in the finale.
>>
>>63411201
it's not a mystery show, jesus.
>>
>>63411201
The only points where this show has ever been about uncovering some greater mystery is when it takes time to make fun of the people that are trying to.
>>
So, is Kevin fucking immortal now? I guess you can decapitate him, otherwise he's just going to come back every time.
>>
>>63407297
>meg
>most attractive woman ever
choose one senpai
>>
>>63407432
why is matt so based?
>>
Pls god give me a season 3. I know it'll probably be shit but I need it
>>
File: 1446921716588.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
1446921716588.png
142 KB, 415x367
surely HBO will renew this week
>>
>>63407889
the dog was a symbol of kevin's sanity, or insanity. Symbolically, it was gone.
>>
>>63410904
>I haven't seen any of the show but I read the synposes on avclub.
fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>63409037
this show is all about inferring.
a.John claims Virgil never diddled him
b.Virgil implied to have diddled something
c.the twins claim they were angry/sad Daddy left (went to prison for shooting Virgil)
d.Mike retells story about how he tried to quiet sad sister
c, Evie always seemed off
my guess is Virgil diddled her and it's fucked her head. Gives her a reason to want to shit on Miracle because it's not the "safe" place everyone is making it out to be.
>>
>>63412151
I thought the dog (or dogs from s1) were a symbol of the world's sanity
wild = insane
calm = sane
>>
>>63411886
the "poison" he drank probably wasn't poison. Maybe he wasn't buried for long, but it wouldn't be inconceivable that he could survive being buried for 8 hours. And you can survive a gunshot.
>>
that its the end of leftovers? anyone know if we have and third season?
>>
>>63412497
Not renewing it would suck. All the best shows get cancelled way too early.
>>
there's no reason to believe this show will not be renewed.
>>
>>63408771
>Do you think they planned the magazine and shit to tie in to that song all along or just a coincidence?

It was coincidence faám

It was supposed to be Like a Prayer by Madonna but they didnt get rights
>>
>>63412550
well until the end of the week at least.
>>
>>63412558
what happens at the end of the week?
>>
>>63412550
I'm assuming since Lindelof is still in meetings with HBO to try to get it renewed there's some chance it'll get picked up again. I'm guessing HBO just want him to cut the costs even more since they're getting lower ratings, so they're probably going back and forth on what'll be an acceptable amount
>>
File: The Leftovers 2x10 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
The Leftovers 2x10 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Previously on The Leftovers
>>
So Mr. Robot had this first?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7FQaVULRs
>>
>>63412619
breh, ratings don't matter with HBO. Lindelof just has to sell them on what season 3 will be like and HBO will throw money at them.
>>
>>63412672
no, fight club was.
>>
Who the fuck would believe 35lbs of C4 in a trailer sitting on top of the bridge would be enough to bring it down? Any damage it would've done could've been repaired in less than a week.
>>
>>63412877
People who don't sperg out over explosives they've never used?
>>
>>63412877
people who hear "explosives" and don't know anything about how they work, so pretty much everyone.
>>
so do I have to suffer through season 1 in order to enjoy this now? I really just want to skip to 2
>>
>>63413249
they do an OK job of recapping for you but I wouldn't skip season1. Season 1 was good.
>>
>>63413249
If you hate s01 you won't like this either. S02 is better but the basic elements and themes are still the same.
>>
>>63413249
Watch season 1.
>>
>>63411201
You're a fucking retarded faggot, Jesus Christ I hate stupid people like you.
>>
>>63413298
I'll give it a shot. Haven't seen any of it yet. Was just basing it off of friends/people at work complaining about how confusing/boring it was etc. etc.
>>
>>63413359
>>>/b/
He was smart enough to realize the show isn't for him and move on. That's more than I can say for the majority of /tv/.
>>
>>63413360
Stop taking advice from normies.
>>
>>63413360
they're retards. Nothing confusing about it, and definitely not boring. The show might get slow at times, but it sets up big payoffs. The show is, for a lack of a not gay way to say it, emotionally rewarding.
>>
>>63413249
>do I have to suffer through season 1
its character drama you fucking pleb

watch some capeshit instead
>>
Holy shit. I really wasn't going to give this show a second shot but I watched every season 2 episode over the past few days. I don't think I ever went 180 on a show before. If they don't continue at least that last shot was a nice finish.

Did they use a lot more music this season? It sure as hell seemed like it also was that new theme really fucking jarring to anyone else when it first hit?

I guess with the Evie chick on another show they'll writer her off with the GR if the show gets another season.
>>
>>63413360
>Was just basing it off of friends/people at work complaining about how confusing/boring it was etc. etc.
Yet these same people probably watch The Walking Dead religiously.
>>
>>63413622
>I guess with the Evie chick on another show they'll writer her off with the GR if the show gets another season.
guess what? people can work on two different shows.
>>
could i skip season 1?
>>
>>63413683
could you? sure. Should you? NO FUCKING WAY
>>
>>63413673

No sir. It's unpossible.
>>
What's with all these people talking about IF it gets another season? Are the rating really bad or something?
>>
>>63413683
If you want to have no idea what's going on in season 2, sure.
>>
>>63413726
drop in viewers by a lot compared to first season. This isn't a network show and it's on HBO so that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>63413683
>there are people like this who think they belong on this board
>>
Why do they keep saying that the people in Jargon can't know the pain of losing people in the departure? You telling me that 9,261 people and not a single one had family or friends in another town/state that departed?
>>
>>63413754
except that's not exactly true. Season 2 does a really good job of explaining itself and now leaning on season 1 too much.
>>
>>63413797
Season 1 introduces you to almost all of the major characters and gives you their back story.
>>
>>63413796
yes.
>>
>>63413820
and season 2 explains everything you need to know.
>>
>>63413853
I guess if you don't care about the characters.
>>
>>63413878
what exactly are you going to miss if you don't watch season 1?
>>
>>63413904
You can't be this retarded.
>>
>>63413944
good response. Like I said, season 2 sets itself up nicely.
>>
>>63413904

Aimee, and that's just criminal.

Seriously you also get way more backstory instead of just minor snippets/cliff notes of how the departure affected key characters, episode with Matt can NOT be missed.
>>
>>63413974
Season 2 isn't a stand alone. Skipping season 1 would open up a lot of questions when it comes to references and certain characters background.
>>
>>63414000
I mean, they're great episodes and you'll be missing out on quality development (and dat squirrel jailbait , but you won't be missing out on anything season 2 related. The only thing really is that you wouldn't know that gladys was from season 1.
>>
>>63414003
still waiting for examples. And it does stand on it's own.
>>
File: The.Leftovers.s02e10.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The.Leftovers.s02e10.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
Who were those scrawny-looking fuckers? Demons?
>>
I HOPE THEY FOLLOW UP THE 'LENS' SUBPLOT WHERE THEY BELIEVE THE DEMON AZRIEL IS INSIDE NORA! BUT I GUESS THEY WONT COS THOSE GUYS DIDNT ACTUSLLY DEPART
>>
>>63414132
just some hippies from the outskirts
>>
>>63414132

Just your typical degenerates.
>>
>>63414132
if you look really close it looks like his daughter and her black boyfriend.
>>
>>63413683
I guess, but watching it would clear out a lot of things for you when getting to season 2. Why do you want to skip it, though? It's a great season.
>>
>>63414089
>And it does stand on it's own

No it doesn't. If season 2 came out before season 1 it would be a huge confusing clusterfuck.
>>
I watched S01E01 and didn't like it, does it get better or is it just not for me?
>>
>>63414244
It's not for you.
>>
>>63414229
great examples m8.

>if season 2 came out before season 1, that would be confusing
you must be some kind of genius
>>
>>63414261
Season 2 is a continuation of season 1. You're either trolling or never watched S1. S2 doesn't explain everything that happened in S1.
>>
>>63414229
Jaden Pls
>>
The GR would be BTFO if this was real life. No way they would be allowed to be that big.

Also how would radical Muslims react to the GR?
>>
>>63414300
>S2 doesn't explain everything that happened in S1.
because everything that happened in season 1 doesn't need to be explained for season 2. Everything you need to know for season 2 is explained in season 2. They even recap stuff from season 1 for retards like you.

Still waiting for examples where one would be confused had they not watched season 1.
>>
>>63412047
The hope and optimism his faith gives him and that he gives to others. He's the only character who isn't a fucking depressive lunatic.
>>
>>63414331

The best part in S1 has to be the phone call Kevin gets from ATF that starts civil and gets creepy as fuck
>>
>>63413360
>Was just basing it off of friends/people at work complaining about how confusing/boring it was etc. etc.

Your friends must suck.
>>
>>63414378
Probably one of my favorite scenes in S1. Fuck, he should have just went for it.
>>
>>63414352
Laurie/Jill relationship
Wades child
Pattie/Kevin relationship

That along with the detailed backstory of every single other character. It's fine to skip S1 if you really don't give a shit about character development but don't act like S2 explains everything enough to warrant being a stand alone show.
>>
WITH YOUR FEAT IN THE AIIIIIRRRRRRR
>>
>>63414447
>Laurie/Jill relationship
explained in s2
>Wades child
explained in s2
>Pattie/Kevin relationship
explained in s2
>>
>>63414447
>don't act like S2 explains everything enough to warrant being a stand alone show.
it did and it does.
>>
>>63414510
Nice examples.

>>63414535
No it doesn't.
>>
>>63405502
yeah, ending gave feels once more. Lots of crap in last 2 episodes, but the ending was good.. last scene - fucking good.
>>
Fuck. I just now got the Australian guy.
>>
>>63414614

>international assassin
>crap

you wot
>>
>>63414662
Is he god ?
>>
>>63414614
>Lots of crap in last 2 episodes

what?
>>
>>63414510
Okey, you've clearly made your mind, man. It's fine. Maybe we don't NECESSARILY have to watch season 1, but wouldn't you agree that it would be much more pleasant to SEE how things naturally turn out rather then someone TELL us what has happened in retrospect? Season 2 would work as a stand-alone, but it wouldn't be nearly as satisfying if you leave out all the character development that has previously happened and all the built tension.
>>
>>63414771

Well not so much "got" as remembered that they mentioned an Australian that said he couldn't die. This is the first discussion on this season I've looked at since watching this season so I just glanced right the fuck over it.
>>
>>63414544
Laurie explains her situation with her family. Whole episode dedicated to it.

They explain where she came from. Her being holy Wayne's kid is completely irrelevant to the season.

Patti is explained thoroughly. Kevin speaks of her frankly to strangers.
>>
>>63414825
I'm not arguing if it'll be better or not watching season 1, I'm just saying you don't have to to enjoy season 2. Season 2 does a stellar job of standing on its own.
>>
Why I get the felling Kevin is really dead now?

Things seemed really unrealistic after he goes to the hotel (purgatory) and then walks through the burning town (hell) and got inside his home with everyone waiting for him (heaven).
>>
>>63414825
so you agree, you can skip season 1 and still understand season 2? great. Have a wonderful day.
>>
>>63414988
I knew he meant wayne. I'm not some petty faggot that picks on typos.
>>
>>63413904
>wants to watch character drama
>doesnt care about characters backstory and motivations

just watch Walking Pleb and GoT
>>
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC 1972
>>
>>63414544
>Nice examples.
Fucking this.

>>63414510
I want to see examples of how well these things are really explained. I'm sure these moments exist, but cheeky blanket statements like that don't fly around here. Get to work.
>>
>>63414960
another guy

sure you could follow the storyline without troubles, but i feel like you'd lack deeper understanding of the already established characters and the gr
>>
>>63415061
that's not the argument. Congrats on being a retard.
>>
>>63415068

Yeah what was with that?
>>
i'm the one who asked if i could skip season 1, wasn't really planning to but was curious since i've seen a lot of "IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!!!" and if i understand correctly the premise of the second season is they go to a new town and have a new beginning. that said thanks to anyone that replied.
>>
>>63415073
see >>63414869.

>>63415075
maybe on GR, but not the characters. And again, it's not a matter of should, it's whether he could skip season 1 and still enjoy season 2. The answer is yes.
>>
>>63415108
kevin was going crazy like his father and his father gave it to him saying it would explain everything.
>>
watched season 1 thought it was okay, didnt get into season 2. how did it end?
>>
>>63415160
great
>>
>>63415196
so what happened?
>>
File: 1434586517443.jpg (161 KB, 989x1000) Image search: [Google]
1434586517443.jpg
161 KB, 989x1000
The show has been a fairly interesting ride but the final destination was disappointment.
>>
>>63415344
not the show for you, stick to watching Transformer movies or something
>>
>>63415394
so nothing huh?
>>
>>63405502
he's my personal jesus.
>>
>>63414244

I didn't like it too after the very first episode and I came back later and third episode amazed me so I continued and I rate it the best show I've ever watched now.
>>
>>63415374
Its lindelof, that was guaranteed. The man cannot write.
>>
>mfw plebs are feeling left out because they don't get the show

>c-can i just skip to the part everybody's talking about guys?

why would you want to? if you didn't like it before you won't like it now and if you like s2 then you'd like s1, so again why would you skip it besides to feel some sort of inclusion on a japanimation angelfire website
>>
>>63415597

great at delivering emotional moments, horrible at satisfying payoffs. He actually delivered in season 2 though
>>
>>63409930
>Implying s1 was pretentious
>Implying s2 was better than s1
>Implying watering shit down for social media plebs is ever a good idea
>Implying s2 didn't destroy based s1 tone as an obvious ratings grab
>>
>>63411042
I'm glad you dropped it, too. Stupid people shouldn't bother trying to watch anything with depth. They'll only use cognitive dissonance to make themselves believe the show is flawed instead of their own thinking abilities.
>>
>>63412151
The dog was wild until Kevin lost it. Once he got his sanity back, the dog got its crazy back. Kevin is a shaman.
>>
>>63412354
>>63411886
Yes. Like the Aussie guy, Kevin can't die.
>>
>>63415746
this desu
>>
>>63413313
S1 is WAYYYYY better than S2. Way to pleb, faggot.
>>
>>63415830
The leftovers does not have depth.
>>
>>63416059
yeah but your mom's pussy sure did
>>
>>63414244
Literally the only pilot that ever made me cry and you didn't like it? Pleb.
>>
>>63416161
What exactly was emotional about the pilot?
>>
Requesting the song when Kevin wakes up and goes outside.
>>
>>63414352
Nora on the phone thinking Kevin disappeared.

Patti.

Laurie and Meg.
>>
>>63415733
More like hit and miss at emotional moments, depending entirely upon the actor to sell his horrid writing, and horrible at any sort of development.
>>
>>63414352
I'm pretty confused as to why anyone would think disappearing again was possible or a concern.
>>
>>63414869
Except that Lily touching Mary during the quake is what woke her up.
>>
Imagine if kevin came back 'on' John instead, like patti did to Kevin when he killed her. that would've been a crazy ending.
>>
>>63416186
Isn't that the reprise of Where is my mind which is present 3 times in the show and was also present in Mr Robot ?
>>
>>63416186

Kyabe Knights by NOVA

http://www.tunefind.com/show/the-leftovers/season-2

That helped me tremendously. I hate that Grease cover song stuck in my head for days.
>>
>>63416184
Tommy in the pool, Jill on the stairs, first hearing of max's most amazing piece.
>>
>>63416243
if it happened once, what's to stop it from happening again?

>>63416192
>Nora on the phone thinking Kevin disappeared.
why does this need season 1?
>Patti.
he explains her to nora and refreshes us about her, and explains her throughout the season
>Laurie and Meg
laurie gets explained, meg doesn't need an explanation beyond her flashback
>>
>>63416349
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>63416243
Nora thinks it was a one time deal. That doesn't mean it is. Nobody knows WHAT it was so there are no rules.
>>
>>63416250
so who touched her the first time she woke up?
>>
File: 1425946082861.jpg (122 KB, 701x1000) Image search: [Google]
1425946082861.jpg
122 KB, 701x1000
>>
>>63416452
We didn't see it. Probably Isaac Hand Man.
>>
>>63416486
that's my point. It wasn't the baby that brought her back.
>>
>>63405502

HBO simply can not make a bad drama!
>>
>>63416558

This, I am a regular HBO subscriber and I am proud to invest in future shows.
>>
>>63413683
There are some great stand-alone episodes in s1(Nora's episode and last two in particular), so you'd miss out on great stuff, rest of the season is not THAT bad, it's not unwatchable or anything
>>
Reminder that this would have been the perfect opening credit sequence for season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PTNHQND6MA
>>
>>63416662

The S2 credit sequence is already perfect.
>>
>>63416558

John From Cincinatti was the drizzling shits.
>>
>>63416662
I like the season 2 opening just as much
>>
>>63416521
Sure. She just happened to come back while holy wayne's blood relative was making physical contact and it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>63416694

I got used to it but damn if it wasn't a big transition to go into Iris DeMent. Firs time I saw the intro I thought it was a joke.
>>
>>63416714
glad we can agree.
>>
>>63416662
I don't mind the visuals of s2 intro, but they shouldn't have changed the theme song to that shitty yodeling garbage that literally tells plebs to let the mystery be.
>>
If we all subscribe to HBO then your favourite shows won't get canceled.
>>
File: wpid-jfc2.jpg (56 KB, 535x371) Image search: [Google]
wpid-jfc2.jpg
56 KB, 535x371
>>63416697
S1 of JFC and S1 of The Leftovers are pretty much the greatest single seasons of television ever produced. Ratings be damned. Your pleb taste be damned. That's final.
>>
>>63416743
Hah same. HBO posted it and I like no... No fucking way... And then it actually aired on television and I can't fucking stand it. Her voice triggers me.
>>
> S2 ends with peaceful town turning into Sodom and Gomorrah-tier degeneracy terror state
> still has a happy ending

God damn I love this show
>>
>>63409237
She is beautiful
>>
>>63416809

this

After S01 (which I pirated btw) I subscribed to HBO with a note "I really hope you renew the Leftovers", and here we are.
>>
anyone think meg's great scheme that would "change everything" was pretty anticlimactic?

so people can get into this tiny town in texas now big whoop
>>
>Boardwalk didn't get a proper final season
>Enlightend cancelled despite being hailed as the best show on tv by pretty much every noteworthy critic
>Hung cancelled
>Bored to Death cancelled

meanwhile:

>muh dwagons!11!
>muh Turd Detective

yeah, it was nice knowing you, The Leftovers
>>
>>63416988

ALL THE TROUBLES IN THE CITY
>>
>>63416988
Boardwalk had a really good final season what are you talking about?
>>
>>63417096
still it was obvious that this wasn't how Winter and co intended the show to end
>>
>>63416988
>>63416988
>>muh dwagons!11!

theres 5 and when its all done there will be 7 novels of source material. i know you pretend to not like it because its popular but you really are trying too hard and who are you quoting anyway
>>
>>63416981
yes, very little payoff
>>
I love to twerk while watching to Leftovers.
>>
File: the-leftovers-102_612x380[1].jpg (28 KB, 620x385) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers-102_612x380[1].jpg
28 KB, 620x385
>>63417224
>>
>>63416442
Actually its a pretty solid principle that once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, and three times is a pattern.

Which is just another reason tripling the "years later" bit was moronic. As one year with it not happening again would have been a fluke... two a coincidence... and three would've been the pattern.
>>
>>63411042
Glad you dropped it as well. Go watch something a little less challenging, since ambiguity is such a massive turn-off for you.
>>
>>63416981
whats that? megs a moron?

The only logical conclusion to the GR after 209 would be the AFTEC erasing the cult from existence within 24 hours. As no one, be it a cult or a government, hijacks an elementary school bus full of kids and have anything else happen.
>>
>>63417890
Forcing yourself to eat shit is a challenge. No one will respect you for it, though.
>>
>All that confused emotion I feel.

I would love a third season, but season two tied up beautifully.
>>
>>63417894
Yeah it's funny what Meg did would completely destroy the GR. Her plan would've put her in federal prison for life and had the GR be designated as a terrorist group considering everything she did was in a national park (federal land).
>>
>>63412354
The poison not being poison is, well, not impossible, but then Michael did drag his body into the woods and bury him, and when Garvey returned informed him he'd been gone for 8 hours.
Being shot like that, however, he would have bled out. I mean, considering the amount of blood he leaves as he's sliding down the hospital wall, several hours later, it's a wonder he's not bone dry.
>>
>>63417894
AFTEC?
>>
File: 1405417051719.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1405417051719.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>63417153
Really? I thought Winter was getting bored of it and wanted to wrap it up as fast as possible with the time skip

Also
>tfw you were expecting some Lifetime-style rape drama over Matt's wife not actually waking up when they fucked - but she did
>>
File: annie crying.gif (3 MB, 190x180) Image search: [Google]
annie crying.gif
3 MB, 190x180
>instrumental version of Where Is My Mind? starts playing
>>
>>63418108
ATFaC, whatever. Doesn't matter as the organization vanished in season 2.
>>
>>63418004
I realize I'm putting more thought into this shit than lindelof, but she hijacked the schoolbus in jarden, right? Then somehow got out of jarden, alive, then somehow was able to go back and forth unnoticed? Or did she just hijack a random school bus?

Seriously, how does someone write a pile of shit like that episode and have no one say anything?
>>
>>63418216
Do you mean the BATFE?
>>
>>63416694
>>63416711
>>63416796
s2 opening is literally trash
>>
>>63418287
random school bus outside of jarden, like back in mapleton.
>>
>>63418732
So the one way that shit was excusable (it all happened within a couple days) is gone.

24 hours later the GR would've been nothing but a memory had anyone pulled shit like that.
>>
>>63418373
Yes, but in lindelof land, they added "cults," making it BATFEC.

But, like I said, it vanished in season 2, so who gives a shit.
>>
Episode 8 of this season was a sublime masterpiece of TV, the usage of Verdi was brilliant.
>>
>>63416714
Isn't that the whole point of the show?
religionfags can watch and believe that Wayne's kid is magic, Atheistfags can accept that it was a coincidence.

The shock of experiencing an earthquake could 'scare' her awake.

You just outed yourself as a religionfag anon, better accept it.
>>
>>63419064
You're showing your /v/ and reddit sensibilities.
>>
File: 1440430139863.jpg (7 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
1440430139863.jpg
7 KB, 267x323
>>63405502
Kevin Garvey samples hotels in the afterlife. Leaves lukewarm trip-advisor reviews. No one cares about sucking chest wounds...THE SHOW!
>>
>>63419453

John seemed pretty aghast at it, and that didn't count as a sucking chest wound did it?
>>
File: 1431417898045.png (386 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1431417898045.png
386 KB, 480x800
>>63419513
"we're glad you're home" not, "Why are you all fucking shot up and half dead?"
>>
I avoided /tv/ cause I had a final today, but man I really enjoyed that. I feel satisfied with the ending but I just want more, hoping this get renewed.
>>
>>63419557

considering outside looks like the LA riots, they should be lucky his head didn't roll through the front door.
>>
lmao, this place is as shitty as ever. no room for an opinion that isn't absolutely extreme.

Fag #1
>Supreme piece of art, best TV I've seen in all my 15 years on this here planet, absolutely flawless, and anyone who disagrees is retarded.

Fag #2
>Fucking trash. There is no place for ambiguity in TV, and I need every "answer" to every frivolous, pointless "mystery" spoonfed to me ASAP or I will throw an aspie fit.

90% faggots up in here. kys
>>
>>63419741

>lmao, this place is as shitty as ever.

Then leave.
>>
>>63407369
>Also what the fuck was the point of...

I happened to come across the answer to that last night while reading about the episode.

"I would say that she is a presentation of the kind of people who are down there in the encampment. I don’t want to reduce that character to saying she’s solely a MacGuffin, but, as storytellers, we knew that Nora Durst under no circumstances would ever get anywhere near that bridge and go back into town in the wake of what was happening. It would just be far too dangerous. We needed to create a plot machination that got her on the move. But, more importantly, emotionally, we wanted to make something very clear for the audience, which was that Nora is deeply attached to this baby. This baby is not a prop to her. Lily is a human being, and she cares very much about her and would risk her own life in order to save this child."

http://tvline.com/2015/12/06/the-leftovers-season-3-spoilers-damon-lindelof-interview/
>>
Whats the show about anons? I need a new tv show to get into.
>>
>>63419851
It's about how people act in the aftermath of a mass instantaneous unexplained sudden departure of people from the planet. Google could've told you this. Watch it. It's great if you're not stupid.
>>
I just don't get this show. I've watched all the episodes and it seems like a bunch of vague, incoherent nonsense
>>
Who here hates the season 2 theme song and skips it every time?

Who here gets a huge erection whenever they see ev?

Who here thinks that Nora Durst is their waifu?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.