[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it suck? So far from the trailers, the cinematography makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
Will it suck?

So far from the trailers, the cinematography makes it look like an art film. And nothing like the B-movie aesthetic, which was what the original film pretty much boiled down to.
>>
>>63405394
You don't know anything about cinema or what words mean.

Please delete your stupid post.
>>
>>63405429
>Buttflustered fanboy.
>>
>>63405394
It's going to be terrible it's not for Star Wars or sci fi fans it's for the edgy slut who spreads her legs and watched the clone wars once
>>
>>63405394
OP is underaged.

mods
>>
it's going to be a jewjew abrams masterpiece just like star trek and cloverfield.

it is going to be the 2001 of our time.

you should all go watch it, as soon as it's in the theaters. go. preorder your tickets and watch as the black buck awakens.
>>
I'm guessing better than Jedi and the prequels, worse than Star wars and Empire

and I'd be fine with that
>>
Mmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>63407012

This.
>>
>>63405394
>Will it suck?
Yep.
>>
>>63405394
just get out
>>
>>63407012
I doubt it will be better than any film where lucas was involved
>>
It's going to be the highest grossest film in history and watching /pol/ scramble for answers will be glorious.
>>
>>63405394
Too much shaky cam, le action zoom and shit that was never in the other 6 make it feel like another JJ abrams modern flick. The direction takes away the films timelessness. 20 years later people will look back at TFA and cringe at the lense flare and camera techniques mark my words. Abrams thinks he's being cool and edgy, he's fucking up an important aspect of star wars filmmaking.
>>
It's a high budget fanfiction film. Just because Disney bought the rights, doesn't mean it's anything more than a bunch of fans (or worse, non fans) getting together to imagine what happened next.
>>
will be better than most of the prequels but not quite up to the OT standards.
>>
>>63405394
>cinematography makes it look like an art film
yeah, lense flares make every movie artsy, right?
but hopefully it will reach the postmodernism of a transformers.

>>63409800
>scramble for answers
about what?
that one of the most popular franchises would make millions?
or that most people who grew up with it, love it out of pure nostalgia and brainwashed their children to like it?

even episode 3 grossed over 848 million.
>>
>>63411443
This man gets it.
>>
>>63405394
It looks like a TV show, not an art fim, especially every scene with people in it.
It won't suck, it just won't be particularly good.
>>
Closer to the originals than the prequel imo.
I think this will be a good film, not the best, but good nonetheless.
>>
>>63411607
>already coming up with excuses to stop people from having fun

Why? Why are people so damn pathetic?
>>
>>63405394
i hope it will be the biggest flop of the century.
>>
>>63407012
This. I'm really excited for Kylo. I think we have no idea how psycho he will be. We've never had a psychotic dark side, always calculating they have been. This dude is unhinged.
>>
>>63411729

Thats all I ask
>>
It'll be a product of our time just as much as the first and second trilogies were products of their time.

I watched episodes I and II with a friend the other day and he made an interesting comment that looking back at these now, the CG art kind of looks like something out of a Syfy made-for-TV movie.
>>
>>63405394
I'm going to see it for FREE at the cinema. I'm bringing 4 friends though who are paying :( so in trying to jew the jew I'm shilling for them.

SO this round the jew will win (I'm only going to see it because my friends want to go) my hope is that if it sucks and if the anti-white male rethoric is too much the next movies in the series will tank
>>
>>63411729
Except it isnt. It's copying everything, which nobody in their right mind wants.
>>
It's like Plinkett said. You can make many mistakes with the visuels etc, but if the audience has an emotional attachment to the characters, you can do little wrong. If this movie (the first one) is to succeed, it has to score on this point
>>
I don't care, I just want to watch the CGI spacecraft scenes (for free).

But it already looks insipid.
>>
File: radgator.jpg (164 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
radgator.jpg
164 KB, 500x375
>>63414308
>>
I refuse all hype for this, even if it will be good, i'll be disapointed because it wasn't as good as i thought
>>
File: redsky-large.png (641 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
redsky-large.png
641 KB, 720x405
>it looks like an art house film

it looks like a fucking video game. But as long as JJ and Kennedy keep saying the words practical effects people will ignore the fact that this movie appears to be mostly CGI once again.
>>
>>63414370
>I don't care, I just want to watch the CGI spacecraft scenes (for free).

It's fucking star wars... nobody actually gives a shit about the 'story.'

Just turn your brain off, get drunk/high and enjoy the 2 hours of spastic special effects.

Over analyzing sw makes you a loser.
>>
>>63414559
>Over analyzing sw
Who said I want to analyze TFA? Lucky I have far better enjoyable things to do.

> 2 hours watching a boring movie
Nah m8

>makes you a loser
Is 4chan, we are all :^)
>>
WHITE MEN ARE NAZIS
>>
>>63411969
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
>in 2015 JJ's sets look more fake than sets from the 1970s

How is that possible? Does JJ have any idea how to use anything but green screen? Is that why he uses so much lense flare?
>>
I think it'll be pretty good. I'm not very familiar with most of Abram's work, but he'll probably make a good SW movie. The Stormtrooper designs look badass IMO, and so does Kylo Ren (aside from his lightsaber).

Boyega and the girl are weird casting choices though. Maybe they'll work in the end, but I am not optimistic. I don't mind Boyega's niggerness necessarily, but he looks like such a wide hipped goop. You'd think there would be better young black actors to choose from.
>>
>the cinematography makes it look like an art film
But it looks like a fucking television show

Did I just get memed on
>>
>>63405394
JJ is a massive hack, none of his films have any artistry to them, he's the McDonalds of cinema.
>>
File: 1424621898131.jpg (177 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
1424621898131.jpg
177 KB, 1280x723
>>63405394
>the cinematography makes it look like an art film.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.