[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Best Propaganda Films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: schindlers-list-656694l.jpg (1 MB, 1299x1900) Image search: [Google]
schindlers-list-656694l.jpg
1 MB, 1299x1900
ITT: Best Propaganda Films
>>
I don't know if you've actually viewed the motion picture, OP, but Schindler's List actually airs every single grievance of Holocaust deniers and gives the viewer the opportunity to decide what is true. It also portrays Jews according to every negative stereotype short of blood libel.

It's a very even-handed film and not propaganda by any definition.
>>
I don't know if you've actually viewed the motion picture, OP, but Schindler's List actually airs every single grievance of Holocaust deniers and gives the viewer the opportunity to decide what is true. It also portrays Jews according to every negative stereotype short of blood libel.

>>
Any American war movie ever, mainly these from Viet Nam and the middle East

They keep pushing the "America a gud guy, he dindu nuffin" meme
>>

>>
>>63404680
I literally can't think of a single patriotic movie about the vietnam war
>>
>>63404680
>I have never seen a single Vietnam War movie
>>
>>63404709
The Green Berets, with John Wayne.
>>
>>63404567

Children of Men
>>
>>63404680
I can think of some that have antiwar themes whether theyre overt or underlying
>>
ITT: people who don't know what ''propaganda'' means
>>
>>63404709
>>63404726
Maybe I'm to biased against the USA but in all Vietnam movies they suggest they are the good guys who represent the Western world, civilisation and the Good; you are there to liberate them from the evil tyranny of communism
>>
>>63404759
Yeah, you're actually fucking retarded.
>>
File: 51oBFxjS-bL.jpg (38 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
51oBFxjS-bL.jpg
38 KB, 331x500
>>63404680
>>
>>63404759
How do they do this in Full Metal Jacket? How do they do this in Platoon? If anything those films show the opposite of what you are talking about.
>>
>>63404759
Yeah so you've literally never seen a single Vietnam War movie. There's not a single one that portrays the US Army or the US Government in general in a favorable light.
>>
>>63404794
Maybe he saw "The Green Berets"
>>
>>63404754
This. Propaganda is basically any piece of art meant to elicit and promote certain ideals, philosophies, messages, etc. Propaganda doesn't necessarily mean it's true or false, they just have the tendency of being used by biased groups to gain traction for whatever their cause is.
>>
>>63404567
It had a great soundtrack from John Williams.
Good propaganda needs the right music to work.
>>
File: Hero Jet Li Blu-ray.jpg (87 KB, 394x500) Image search: [Google]
Hero Jet Li Blu-ray.jpg
87 KB, 394x500
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.