[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are your favorite movie writers /tv/? Pic obviously related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: CNd6hxvUYAAkvpn.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CNd6hxvUYAAkvpn.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
Who are your favorite movie writers /tv/?

Pic obviously related.

also Max Landis appreciation thread
>>
>>
File: genius_visionary.jpg (68 KB, 532x321) Image search: [Google]
genius_visionary.jpg
68 KB, 532x321
>>63403535
About fucking time, 2bh familia
>>
>>63403535
IS THERE A BIGGER FUCCBOI FAGGOT FACE THAN MAX LANDIS IN 2015

THE ANSWER IS NAH
>>
>>63403535
>>
why is max getting the meme treatment?
>>
>>63405834

HE THINKS HE CAN TAKE ON THE INTERNET

CUS HES SUCH A COLOSSAL FAGGOT
>>
>>63403535
>Watching Chronicle
>Teenagers get super powers that allow them to fly and control objects and people with telekinetic powers.
>one character towards the end of the film gets desperate for money so what does he do?
>walks into a convenience store wearing a hazmat suit and robs the store.
>Full_retard.jpg
>google who wrote it.
>realize he's written tons of shit movies.
>google his bio.
>kike dad that has connections to Hollywood.
>everytime.jpg
>>
I think Max should just stick to comics and maybe start writing books, his screenplays are actually pretty interesting for the most part its just they are for the most part things that dont translate to movies well

Frankenstein was an interesting read, but there was never gonna be a good movie coming from it
>>
>>63403535

Nice try Max.
>>
>>63405464
>>63405815
>>63405898
>>63406044
>>63406465
reddit personified.
>>
>>63406584
>John_Landis_to_families_of_helicopter_victims.jpg
>>
>>63406584
>mfw I get away with murder
>mfw people say I should go to jail
>>
>>63406044
>complaining about the one Landis-written film that made money

sometimes it's the character being retarded and the error is that the screenwriter didn't telegraph the fact obviously enough
>>
>>63406614
>muh victim complex
>>
>>63403535
I liked Chronicle and America Ultra. Victor Frankenstein doesn't look that bad, but I haven't seen it yet.

I would love to see him handed a Superman movie and allowed to do whatever he wants with it. I'm not sure why this hasn't already happened.
>>
>>63406816
Sorry Max
>>
>>63407238
Wait this is the fagala who made that ridiculous gay teen superhero fanfic bullshit? Holy fuck why is he even relevant?
>>
>>63403535
>>63406584
>>63406816

How come you've got time to shitpost on /tv/ Max? Is work drying up? Surely you can just ask dad to hook you up again right?
>>
>>63407267
yeah its a shitty akira ripoff
>>
>>63407837
I hate the faggot but it's not a ripoff. The only similarity is the special powers. Chronicle doesn't take place decades after nukes going off in the city with the military involved, or in Asia, or has the big bang happening at the end. And it's not even anime. In fact, it's just a shit found footage film for pleb minors.
>>
>>63407885
Well of course it doesn't have any of the things that make it interesting and fun
>>
>>63407897
Landis' only decent film was American Ultra, and even that was shit compared to most films.
>>
Max Landis is a motherfucking genius. Lets bump this thread back to page 1
>>
Hello Reddit! AMA
>>
>>63405834
He was on RedLetterMedia. That's literally the only reason.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 318x159
Your a superstar Max

/tv/ will love you
>>
>>63403535
>That fucking haircut
>Those bulgy eyes
Looks like Gollum during his transformation
>>
>>63403535
Why is /tv/ so obsessed with this guy?
>>
He's working on a prequel for American Graffiti that should be a Netflix series
>>
You guys know he probably lurks here maybe even posts? He's all over reddit defending himself whenever someone posts something about him. The ego on this kek baka
>>
>>63408905
Are you denying that Max is a genius?

/tv/ loves you Max, wherever you are
>>
>>63403535
I think the Max Landis debacle is a sign the internet is finally overtaking dinosaur media. Traditionally an internet show like RLM would be extremely privileged to have a Hollywood guy like Landis on, it would be a big break for them. But as I watched I realized it was actually the reverse. The power was actually all on their end.
>>
File: 5325.png (512 KB, 765x779) Image search: [Google]
5325.png
512 KB, 765x779
>>63403563
>>
MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS

Welcome to the hourly Max Landis everybody! Check the official Max Landis Youtube channel, check the official Max Landis Twitter and remember to check out American Ultra on Blu-ray! Also be sure to get your tickets for Victor Frankenstein today!

Do your part to save original ideas in Hollywood!

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS
>>
>>63408753
Dude needs to learn how to tuck in his fucking tie. Christ almighty!
>>
>>63409012
I think he wears his tie in a fine and good looking manner.
>>
>>63403535
What does /fa/ think of Landis' fashion style?
I'm legit interested if they think it's genius or just plain retarded.
>>
>>63409050
I'm from /fa/ can confirm Max is a genius and very fashionable.
>>
When will John Landis tell Max
"i'm proud of you, son"
???

It's overdue if you ask me.
>>
>>63407258
You will be. You ALL will be one day.
>>
>>63409095

His dad's childhood nickname for him was Hitler and sent him away to a boarding school the first chance legally possible so not anytime soon I'd imagine.

When daddy was Max's age he had already made Animal House AND Blues Brothers and Max has accomplished jack shit because h's a hack.
>>
It's quite reddit-like to hate on Max Landis tbqh familia
>>
Max Landis is the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos
>>
>>63409050
He basically dresses exactly you would imagine someone like him dressing
It's not very good but in a way he embodies the entire generation of pop culture circle jerking 'cool nerds' that go to reddit, which is sorta interesting.
>>
>>63409172
Take that back you creep Max Landis is a genius.
>>
>>63409197
Why are reddit so mean to our favorite director?
>>
>>63403535
Just look at him. Just fucking look at any picture of this guy on the internet and tell me he is not absolute garbage at anything. Looks rarely lie.
>>
>>63409253
Thats not true and Max is much more intelligent charismatic and sexy than you and anyone else who disagrees.
>>
File: 326.jpg (30 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
326.jpg
30 KB, 500x322
>>63409172
>When daddy was Max's age he had already made Animal House AND Blues Brothers

I can just imagine this running through Max's head while he records his third youtube / podcast guest appearance and types out his thirtieth reddit post of the day. Don't worry Max, I'm sure it's all Hollywood and the audience's fault you're a failure.
>>
>>63408892
bullshit
>>
>>63408892
>>63410074

By "working on" he meant tweeting "like omg how about an American Graffiti prequel except with SUPER POWERS #epikideas #daddysmoney"
>>
>>63409253
post the full copypasta
>>
We should make a petition to get him to be a regular on best of the worst.
>>
>>63410933
#ReplaceAidswithMax
>>
>>63410074
It's true. Just wait and see
>>
Talentless kike who can barely cobble together a screenplay general?
>>
fuck off back to reddit max and take your hymie high pitched jew voice with you
>>
>>63405834
He has a clever publicist.
>>
>>63410903
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.