[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show so fucking based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15
File: RickAndMorty.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RickAndMorty.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Why is this show so fucking based?
>>
>>63402735
It's fucking not. Go back to Reddit.
>>
DUDE

BEER

LMAO
>>
Rick has turned from a warmhearted, alcoholic-psychopath grandpa, into an edgy fratboy. It's already circling the drain.
>>
>>63402883
Probably one of the few decent criticisms of the show, but I don't think he has gone that far yet.
>>
It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>63402883

Only saw season 1, seemed a bit like this.

Episode one, he reminded me of a younger Farnsworth from Futurama.

End of the season he seemed more like Bender.
>>
>poopy mcbutthole
>mr fart

fuckin lmao tbqh
>>
>>63402931
>poopy butthole
But he gets shot. I mean,it's alright then,right?
>>
>Rick and Morty
>based

I bet you like Mr Robot as well.
>>
>>63402944

Huh? He's in the very last scene of season 2.
>>
I think the show has potential and has glimpses of genuine comedy but tries too hard to be unironic, post ironic immature.

I think they should just try to copy futurama more and just go on zany adventures.
>>
I can't really think of shows with such nimble plots as a good Rick and Morty episode apart from classic simpsons. I like how R&M takes a premise and goes as far as possible with it.
That said, the whole "All your value systems and sense of morals is shit" has been done so much that they're repeating themselves. If this show was a person, I'd tell him that nobody has to be mr edgy anymore, it's okay.
>>
>>63403043
>I can't really think
should have stopped there tbqh family
>>
>>63402977
Yeah, crippled, because he got shot.
>>
>>63402735

It's always entertaining. When it's funny its hilarious, other times it gets a bit too reddit. Overall still very good, don't listen to contrarians.
>>
>>63402735
Hey Reddit!
>>
File: 1419747251102.jpg (18 KB, 385x397) Image search: [Google]
1419747251102.jpg
18 KB, 385x397
>>63402735
Love the show. Hate the fans of this show.
>>
>>63403147

DUDE GET SCHWIFTY SHIT ON THE FLOOR SO RANDUMB LMAO
>>
>>63403147
this x 100000
>>
>>63403147
I think the proper term is fandom. Otherwise you're also hating yourself.

Unless you're trying to get real with us now.
>>
>>63403147
>>63403192
Hello reddit.
>>
>>63403147
My man!
>>
>>63402735
Because it doesn't care.
>>
>>63403411
Sup reddit.
>>
>>63402735
the show is crap, only the first season was good.
>>
>>63403507
>only the first season was good.

Aloha reddit.
>>
So... Reddit general? :D
>>
>>63402735
As someone who browsed reddit in 8th grade, I can tell you that the fan base is reddit. The show is cynical and atheist. Atheist = massive reddit fan base.
>>
>>63402966
these redditposters need to kill themselves
>>
>>63403557
Moshi moshi R-eddit!
>>
>>63402735
what's based?
>>
It has its moments for sure, season 1 was bretty good and season 2 was decent but sort of fell flat. They did another episode of the universal tv channels and it kinda sucked. Characters are already starting to become flanderized, but it is an above average cartoon. Herzog's monologue about penises in the one episode is funny.
>>
>>63403567
Iie, kekkou desu.
>>
>>63403623
Back to reddit.
>>
>>63403537
rick is cynical and atherist not the show.

to me, the show isn't fedora tier if nothing else for that small part where rick prays to god- before becoming atheist again.

also please let's not conflate all of atheism with fedora. The two things have a strong statistic correlation but it doesn't mean all instances of atheism are fedora. Only siths deal in absolutes
>>
>>63403654
Yo reddit!
>>
>>63403642

Thanks for bringing up the quality of the thread and the board as a whole m8.
>>
>>63403744
np, Reddit.
>>
>>63402928
>>63402883

The very first scene in the show, the very first I say, is rick being drunk as fuck, grabbing Morty, saying he is going to destroy all humans, then crashes his ship, pukes, and passes out.

He was always bender, you are just a retard.
>>
LITERALLY

L I T E R A L L Y

REDDIT: THE SHOW
>>
Absolutely loved season 1. Season 2 was pretty awful though. Many of the episodes were cringe-inducingly bad whereas season 1 was pretty solid throughout. Get Schwifty and the second Universal TV episodes were godawful
>>
File: 1435739249446.jpg (27 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
1435739249446.jpg
27 KB, 415x423
>>63403147
Absolutely agree, after the Meeseeks episode the subreddit acted like 12 year old meme spouting kids and to this day will still post the most annoying one off character I've ever seen.
>>
>>63403930
Jan Michael Vincents are used up.
>>
File: futurama.png (236 KB, 743x378) Image search: [Google]
futurama.png
236 KB, 743x378
Just a reminder that there will never be a sci-fi comedy as good and as comfy as prime Futurama.
>>
>>63404077
I've tried to get into it and, it's not bad, but I just don't get the fanaticism of it.
>>
>>63403281
fandoms consist of fans bub
>>
>>63402735

Show's good, but Harmon's been a faggot on Twitter lately. I expect he'll use that in a future Rick and Morty which will probably kill the show for me.

Shame, it wasn't bad.
>>
I think it already went to shit in Season 2.
>>
>>63404077
>>63404103
First seasons
>>
It's Reddit: the show, tbqh familia
>>
>>63404290
Harmon has always been a faggot who thinks be's better and smarter than everyone else.
>>
I don't know man, my retard friend who watches Dr. Who and thinks Adventure Time is just the darn coolest omg it sooo good! thinks I'll really like this show so I'm pretty sure it's just going to be some retarded reddit-tier meme show.
>>
>>63403147
This.

DUDE LE RICK MORTY LE BAKED A CAKE FACE UPBOAT ME SENPAI! Lmao
>>
>>63402962
I do! I love both shows. I like to think that i like these shows because i am smart.
What about you? Why don't you like Rick and Morty? Don't you like it that every episode is a critique of society in a very extreme way? They do take it to extremes but that just makes it more funny. Or mayne you don't get that part of it? Do you only see a drunk scientitst riding around in a space ship on adventure with a kid?
>>
>>63403654
> lets not call things neckbeardy
> quotes starwars
k faggot
>>
>DUDE lots of uncreative random aliens in the background LMAO
>DUDE repetitive gibberish scifi jargon LMAO
>DUDE white people using outdated black slang LMAO
>DUDE Justin roiland does 20 different voices and they all sound the same besides Rick and Morty LMAO
>DUDE Dan Harmon doing shitty voice acting too- including unfunny hip hop verses LMAO
>DUDE Dan Harmon referencing himself and his career in the storylines LMAO
>DUDE smart englightened people using drugs and alcohol LMAO
>DUDE contrived heavy emotional drama w/ tacky song in every episode LMAO
>DUDE breaking the fourth wall LMAO
>DUDE episode where something or someone is a different size than normal LMAO
>DUDE something looks like balls LMAO
>DUDE existentialism LMAO
>>
>>63405405
dude, you're obviously from Reddit. you're like that retarded kid who wants to act all cool to the bullies at school so he makes fun of pokemon, except he forgets he's wearing a pokemon shirt.

take your autism back to reddit pls.
>>
>>63405630

Nice retort fag. How would you know what someone from Reddit was like unless you'd been there yourself? Looks like you're the lil bitch in the Pokemon shirt according to your example. Take your little boy pussy back to your step dad so he can keep dicking you up
>>
>>63405630
This
>>63405753 stop pretending like you don't have 25 Reddit tabs open you fat fuck
>>
>>63403147
>>when people debate this show at your school and giggle about episodes
>>when autists ask if you watched the new episode and you've seen every episode 3 times but pretend like you know nothing
>>
>>63405799

no anon, you are the autist
>>
>>63405795

Stop projecting. Can you provide a legitimate retort to my previous statement or is your Reddit addled brain too sore to come up with anything?
>>
File: cirno.jpg (19 KB, 305x315) Image search: [Google]
cirno.jpg
19 KB, 305x315
>>>/reddit/
>>
Meh overall I enjoy watching it. I don't find it particularly funny but it's entertaining non the less.

It's nice to have a cartoon that's at least trying to create an original story rather than pushing critics on current events as entertainment like the modern Simpsons, Family Guy and even South Park
>>
The overkill of Mr Meeseeks did it for me, largely fault of the fan base, but it's like they were trying to force a joke onto the audience.
>>
reddit discovered the show and now it is automatically bad
>>
>>63403012
>unironic, post ironic immature.

Jesus Christ man this is gibberish
>>
*BURPS*

haha!
>>
>>63403557
>he thinks an autist who dedicates his time to post the same image in every thread is a redditor
>>
>>63406279
I almost dropped it because of the fucking burping.
>>
>>63406210
Lol true family tbgoodlyhonezt. Nigamoo
>>
>>63402735
season one was witty and unpredictable.
For some reason the jokes in season two have become predictable, and center more around the personality traits of characters instead of the scientific plot, which is a shame
>>
Seriously why the fuck is everyone on this board so obsessed with reddit?
>>
>>63407294
>Seriously why the fuck is everyone on this board reddit?
you tell me
>>
>>63407294
It's just feigned hatred despite probably about 90% of people on /d2g/ actually going on the Dota 2 Reddit because it's literally the best source of Dota 2 information.
>>
File: 1444050163686.png (228 KB, 509x624) Image search: [Google]
1444050163686.png
228 KB, 509x624
>Why is this show so fucking based?
>>
>>63405405
stop with the fucking memespeak you nerd holy shit. also, half of the things you said are not even bad fucking retard haha
>>
>>63402735

It's not. It's a show for 14 year old tumblr kiddies. Which is why /tv/ loves it.
>>
>>63404792
>Or mayne you don't get that part of it?
Why do redditors always do this?

>you don't like it so i'm therefore going to illogically conclude that you don't "get" it!
>>
>>63407515
Fuck you Swedish fuck
>>
>>63405405
>DUDE white people using outdated black slang LMAO
kek, this is the worst part of the show imo

Why does Rick talk like a nigger?

I know it's a liberal/normie thing but it feels so out of place.
>>
>>63403147
Is this the Dan Harmon curse?

Community fell apart because the fans loved feeling smart after picking up the 'meta humour,' and by the end of season 3 every episode had to have a fucking gimmick. Then when he returned for season 5 the show became a parody of itself.
>>
>>63402735
good things:

harmon's character writing and development

great voice acting except for morty who literally drives me insane he is so goddamn annoying. if you know morty's complaining is just going to end in doing whatever rick wants anyways, having to sit through that voice for 30 seconds is like sticking a pen into your skull

lack of self-referencing jokes and inside jokes is refreshing (when that starts to happen, the end has begun)

good ideas for episodes and better execution, surprises that you do not see coming

expressive yet simple animation style and great voice acting. colors and worlds are great.

jerry daycare is the funniest thing on television i've seen in about a decade

the unity episode was genius

scene with thousands of morty's being tortured was extreme and actually really uncomfortable

interesting arcs (eyepatch morty, rick is actually kind of a bad guy). you want to see what happens overall in the series as much as you do in the episode itself.

doesn't really have limits, the universe is pretty uncaring for the most part in the show (people die, planets get destroyed, etc)

every single episode there is at least one ridiculously funny thing

cons:

there are a few areas where it fails. sometimes just saying, "beeyatches!!!" is not funny. beth and jerry could have a little bit less melodrama. frankly they aren't that interesting of a couple and jerry might have developed too fast because he's starting to wear on me. juvenile humor that doesn't work sometimes (planet made of giant butts which fart. kind of stupid desu.)

great show. i am a fan. nobody can really stop me. when they come out with a new season i will watch. i like the relatiionship between rick and morty, and i like morty as a character though sometimes it's melodramatic in the same way community was before harmon left, so you can feel his touch in that.
>>
>>63406210
i believe he means that the show begins to make fun of gimmicks used in other shows with a wink to the viewer that the use of the gimmick in the show is actually a parody, but i could be wrong.
>>
>>63402735
Roiland is basically the Tim & Eric of cartoons

He doesn't give a shit
>>
>>63408682
>Roiland is basically the Tim & Eric
Please don't ever do that comparison ever again you plebby redditor
>>
>>63402883
Did you even watch the last episode?
>>
>>63402785
HIPSTER
>>
What are people talking about when they say 'the fanbase' is annoying. where are you meeting these people? How many conversations are out there in the world, regarding this show, where people are actively celebrating it in a way that you get sick of their memes? That doesn't sound like something that happens in real life. I feel like if you have this 'problem' with the fanbase in a way where you are sick of them, then you seriously just need to stay off reddit or even just the subreddit.
>>
>>63408798
this is the truth i fucking hate subreddits for shows, artists, etc. why does reddit have to ruin everything
>>
>>63408821

Yeah but isn't it enough just to not go there? Honestly no hate guys but I haven't been on reddit more than like five times in my life, and I just plain do not have the same 'annoying fanbase' problem I keep hearing about.
>>
The first season was amazing, second one was a lot hit & miss. either an episode is awesome as shit (the one with the micro universes for instance) or its really nice in the first half and COMPLETE and utter shit in the second (the purge episode) well or its straight up shit. like, a lot in that season.

my problem with the show is:

>morty went from a cute, permahorny loveable 14 year old to a retarded and bloodthirsty faggot
>they try to desperately include summer more, probably because SJW? i dont know
>rick is BY FAR not as openly alcoholic as he was before, his lines make a lot more sense, hes just not as insane as in the first season.
>the swearing. i dont give a shit about swearing, but they try to force it too much.

all in all still a very good show, and i enjoy it, but there are some episodes which are just utter shit.
>>
>DUDE STUTTERING AND ALCOHOLISM LMAO: the show

No thanks
>>
>>63403531
xD*
>>
File: 1449433133717.gif (2 MB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1449433133717.gif
2 MB, 300x162
Here's the issue.

We're on an anonymoose image board where you can talk shit without

>knowing who's talking shit
>Knowing IF they're talking shit

Seriously, this thread was most likely created on a whim with two dudes going "yo man have you ever been to /tv/ ?" "nah man" "well they fucking hate Rick and Morty, just fucking watch"

Think about it? the subject of the thread is a meme "Why is 250 replys and 70 images omitted so based?"

I mean honestly, once something becomes hated on /tv/ it GENERALLY stays that way. Sure SOMETIMES it becomes a meme and SOMETIMES we "LIKE" it, as in we shitpost it to death and then ironically un-ironically post ironically chronically talk shit about it.

But to not be a faggot. You're all talking about how Rick "changed" He did. Once, no not over time. Just once. Look at Rick in the pilot and then the next episode. It's a basic difference in character.

Pilot
>More carefree and mad scientist
>Willing to do anything but will fix it if needed
>No heavy handed lesson, but rather a light one

>Episode 2 (or 1 if you're a dick)

>More serious science jargon
>Pseudo philosophical bullshit.
>ayyy
>still KIND of crazy but not in a comedic sense, more of a "we have to do crazy shit because that's the way the world works"

Personally, I LIKE the pilot Rick. Some people prefer current Rick. That's all it is, the entire show is preferences. Rather a Rick and Morty thread will be from here on in, Rick and Morty: Preferences OR how I learned to shitpost about something that doesn't and never will matter
F A M
>>
File: 1447518112923.png (137 KB, 817x626) Image search: [Google]
1447518112923.png
137 KB, 817x626
>Reddick and Morereddity
>>
>>63405799
That's extremely autistic anon
>>
File: Abed_Pilot.jpg (241 KB, 1383x1132) Image search: [Google]
Abed_Pilot.jpg
241 KB, 1383x1132
>>63410362
>>
>>63402735
Please don't make threads about this, I hate to see /tv/ keks and trolls drag it through the mud.
>>
>>63408729

I've seen the stuff he did prior to Rick and Morty and it definitely seems that way.
>>
>>63403147
every show is infinitely more enjoyable if you avoid their respective fandoms like the plague
>>
>>63402735
I watched it purely because Brian Wysol was one of the writers
>>
>>63402735
>rick and morty scene
>i hurt myself today starts playing

frog picture
>>
>>63402735

Next season is going to be shit harmons divorce plus his video game addiction and the addition of several female writers will guarantee that.

Source: I listen to Harmontown
>>
File: 1276800043626.png (96 KB, 324x266) Image search: [Google]
1276800043626.png
96 KB, 324x266
>>63412308

>Harmon's divorce
>Female writers

He's not Anthony Burch, but damned if he isn't trying to reach that level.
>>
Literally Rick And Morty: THE SHOW
>>
>>63412381
Who?
>>
DUDE SO RANDOM LMAO
>>
>>63408231
>/tv/ aspie can't grasp sarcasm
Surprise surprise.
>>
>103 posts

ah /co/ and reddit is here with the revolutionary western animation shows am i rite guys?!! :)

over the garden wall, adventure time, steven universe, western animation is at its peak were in the golden years :)
>>
Season 2 was a bit of a disappointment honestly. Some episodes were great but others like get schwifty and the cable episode were pretty halfassed. plus that terrible purge episode with the weird twist of Morty being filled with repressed murderous rage
>>
Fuck you guys it's hilarious
>>
>>63414241

ya i bet you like wes anderson and gaspar noe as well.
>>
>>63414254
Not really
>>
>>63402785
>EVERYTHING GOOD SUCKS
>CONTRADICTORY==SMART
you're sad
>>
>>63403281
>fandom

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>63405405
you do have a point (twelve exactly) but I think I still enjoy the series
>>
>>63408553
mmmmh, yes.

this.

I also like how people pester science (in the body of rick sanchez) to have a quick solution to a problem and then rick distractedly work on something in 5 minutes and it makes everything worse. Or how morty wants to do the "right thing" and he dabbles on things he can't understand and everything gets fucked up
>>
>>63404468
Its not.
>>
>>63414583
>my opinion is law
>people with other opinions are contradicting me!

you're retarded
>>
>>63402735
Because you're on drugs. Don't get me wrong, I love it. (but I'm on drugs)
>>
>>63414082
i like rick and morty and do not watch any of the others you mentioned.

why can't people just enjoy something.

actually, typing that actually hurt me...because i realise just how retardedly redundant it is to even think it.
>>
>>63406043
>not seeing rick potion
>not seeing an ending that is on par with the red wedding
>literally was the next episode

Kek m8
>>
>>63403997
>one off

hate to break season 3 to you....
>>
Doc was best Rick.
>>
>>63403997
This is the show that literally has a character named Mr. Poopybutthole.

You expect anything half decent to come from the fans when the show had a character named Mr. Poopybutthole? You might be thinking too much into it, man.
>>
File: 1435633406777.png (8 KB, 812x732) Image search: [Google]
1435633406777.png
8 KB, 812x732
>>63403997
>post the most annoying one off character I've ever seen
>>
>>63403997
Meeseeks and the 30 Shmeckles episode were great.
>>
File: everything i say is right.jpg (31 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
everything i say is right.jpg
31 KB, 555x644
>>63402735

Season 1 was excellent. It was so good that I was convinced the writers of the show knew what they were doing and had plans for great episodes for years to come, like the golden years of The Simpsons (i.e. Seasons 2-8).

Then season 2 of rick and morty came out and I realized they have no idea what the fuck makes a "good" rick and morty episode (hint: it's when it's just rick and morty and not his god damn family joining in on the fun) and that their first season blew its load by showing all the best episodes first.

I have done endless research on this.
>>
>>63415954
>"the most recent episodes suck" meme

5/8 m8
>>
>>63415954
Oh fuck you.

The whole bit with Summer and the car was great.
>>
>>>/aco/
>>>/sage/
>>
File: that is my tempo.jpg (35 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
that is my tempo.jpg
35 KB, 320x240
>>63416034

I'm willing to discuss (without heavy meme usage) which episodes you really enjoyed in the second season and why. I can list which ones I thought were great and which ones I found to be very bad. BUT, I will say that even though I found season 2 to be pretty bad due to extremely weak episodes, I still think Rick and Morty is an excellent TV show and even the worst episodes of rick and morty are better than 95% of tv shows on right now. I only "hate" because I want to see the best out of them. Anyway my list for season 2:

Great (in no particular order):
- Rickle in Time
- Mortynight Run
- Total Rickall
- The Ricks must be crazy

Good but pretty meh:
- Look whos purging now
- interdimensional cable 2
- auto-erotic assimilation

Bad, if not total garbage:
- Get schwifty
- Big Trouble in Little Sanchez
- The Wedding Squanchers

Overall I'd give season 2 a C+. I really did think season 1 was an A.
>>
File: based fassy.png (455 KB, 457x531) Image search: [Google]
based fassy.png
455 KB, 457x531
>>63416122

I loved that episode. See my other post below (>>63416217)
>>
>>63402735
I'm just going to stop swearing and using unnecessary words to prove my points. I'm also going to keep my sentences as short as possible.

Thanks for helping me change my ways by making me realize how lame one person can sound, Reddit.
>>
>>63415125
Not him, but to be fair, you didn't bring much of an argument yourself the first time. You pretty much said exactly the same thing he did.
>>
>>63415490
Yeah, but the episode with mr.poopybuthole was actually really good. Just saying
>>
>>63415954
Jerrygarten was absolutely amazing
>>
>>63408729
Tim and Eric are reddit personified, it's an apt comparison
>>
we really need a word filter for 'reddit'
>>
>>63416646
Never implied otherwise.
>>
>>63402735
>shit tier art style
>cliche story
>unfunny jokes (lel Nintendo joke xD)
>lol so random names
This literally appeals to the angsty teens in high school/college that buy those simulator games
>>
>>63416781
Make it filter to 4chan.
>>
>>63416852
In what world is Rick or Morty a "random name?"
>>
>>63416886
>birdman
>scwanty
>many characters with the word butt or fart
>>
I thought this was a kids show for the longest time, but then I saw that "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone's gonna die" quote here somewhere and that doesn't seem very kid friendly at all.
>>
R É D D I T E
É
D
D
I
T
E
>>
>>63402735
It's literally /tv/ the show.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.