[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the greatest capeshit of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: Do it.gif (2 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
Do it.gif
2 MB, 245x160
Is this the greatest capeshit of all time?
>>
>>63402598
No, that would be Unbreakable.
>>
The thing is its not capeshit.

It is however one of the best films featuring superhero type characters.
>>
File: 1446751857890.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1446751857890.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>>63402608
>not Batman & Robin
T O P P L E B
O
P
P
L
E
B
>>
>>63402608
Unbreakable is not capeshit, moron faggot nigger. Neither is Watchfaggots for that matter.

It's like you don't even know the definition of the term capeshit. This fucking place is full of idiots
>>
why does dr manhattan look and sound like jake?
>>
Hack Synder fucked it up.
>>
>>63402627
Its is capeshit, but not the best.
1. Batman Begins
2. Spiderman (Tobey Maguire)
3. Watchmen
The rest aren't worth watching.
>>
>>63402648
>Unbreakable is not capeshit
>literally dawns a cape and rights wrongs
>>
>>63402598
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVeg78Yfp7g
>>
File: omg.png (639 KB, 622x820) Image search: [Google]
omg.png
639 KB, 622x820
>overly long with bloated story

yeah, no
>>
>>63402598
>he hasn't seen Spawn
>>
>>63402716
do you really think dawn is a verb or are you memeing

pls be honest
>>
it was pretty hit or miss

I fucking cringed so hard at the sex scene in the ship, where the flamethrowers shot out during climax. I thought the fighting was great, though. The pacing was shit, it felt way too long. The soundtrack was pretty great. Acting was alright
>>
>>63402768
>ADD babbys think their opinions count
>>
>>63402598

It's better than anything from Marvel
>>
>>63402733
Every scene that was 1:1 with the comic was fucking fantastic
>>
>>63402709
Do you even know what capeshit means?

Watchmen isn't capeshit
>>
>>63403076
Yeah it's just shit.
>>
yes, but that isn't saying much desu.
>>
>>63402598

X2
Spiderman 2
IRON MAN

/thread
>>
>>63402733
The feels
>>
>>63402608

Agreed but for me, acceptable capeshit:

- Unbreakable
- Begins/Dark Knight
- Watchmen
- Iron Man
- Batman/Returns

X2, Spiderman 2, there are a few other decent but that's it. Sad considering the billions that have gone into these things the past ten years
>>
>>63403076
Capeshit is a made-up word to describe superhero (mostly comic book adapted) movies. Watchmen is that. It fits the bill. It may have deeper meaning and have aspects of parody, but it's still essentially capeshit. If you want to interpret it as meaning something more specific then go for it bud, but don't get all pretentious over a shitty word made up to refer to superhero flicks.
>>
>>63402598
>only likable character gets killed
kinda ruins it
>>
>>63403182
road to perdition and history of violence you fucking pleb
>>
>>63403216
>rorschach
>likeable
You know niteowl was the self insert character right?
>>
>>63402709
Spiderman is fucking shit tho
>>
>>63402598

>ctrl+f hellboy
>0 results

Why do I even come to this board still/
>>
>>63402806
Had two different replies each using one of the two homophones, didn't care enough to keep my trains of thought separate.
>>
>>63403268
maybe for you kek
>>
>>63403268
>sticks to his morals and does what he thinks is right even if it means going against everyone
>not likable
not everyone is a coward, friend.
>>
>>63403329
>HURR DURR I"M EDGY LIKE RORSCHACH
>BLACK AND WHITE
fuck off
>>
>>63403320
your a homophone
>>
>>63402648

/tv/ has degenerated to where anything with heroes of any degree of superness, is capeshit
>>
>>63403338
just doing the right thing no matter what doesn't always equal great results but being a evil prick and tricking others to do something right isn't right either
You needed a good balance and rorschach was too extreme for his own good.
Why do you think he let dr matthatten kill him?
>>
>>63403341
no kek
>>
>>63402598
Believe it or not, the writing in the Watchmen is considered a great piece of Western literature cannon.
>>
>>63403400
And 300 man fucked it all up by making a movie that doesn't follow the tone of watchmen...
none of the symmetry can be seen, no extra imagery reflecting the story itself...Sad sad
>>
>>63403234

These are both good and based on comicbooks but clearly not capeshit
>>
>>63402709
Spiderman doesn't have fucking cape
>>
>>63403375
because he wasn't a kuck. he'd rather die than be kucked by lies, hence why he's the only likable character.
>>
>>63403338
He was also a psychopath, so there is that too
>>
The problem with the movie is that it's part Watchmen and part Zack Snyder bullshit.

Most of the time it doesn't feel like Watchmen, it feels like a Zack Snyder movie about Watchmen.
>>
>>63403514
Because zack never fully understood what wathcmen was about and just tried he's best to make it look like the comic
>>
File: 1448258927679.jpg (103 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
1448258927679.jpg
103 KB, 625x415
>>63402598
It's literally the Citizen Kane of comic book movies. Don't let the plebs tell you any different.
>>
>>63403473
can't really be a psychopath and a vigilante that doesn't fight for something that directly benefits you.
>>
I feel like this thread has given me a true breakthrough because this is truly /reddit/ the movie because everyone on that website is obsessed with this movie.

but also, it is a great movie, and contains an equal amount of liberal/conservative values that can appeal to anyone on 4chan, especially because of its irreverent humor and (sometimes) great writing

reddit is a terrible website, but in a sense so is 4chan because we created those Scientology faggots that made 4chan look like a bunch of Guy Fawkes wearing autists four or five years ago.

/tv/ is my favorite board on 4chan, but it has an unfortunate overlap with reddit. I'm just (very) drunk and am realizing that this great board has more of a relation to reddit than any of us would like to admit, what's important is that we continue to remain extremely hostile to each other to keep our faggot asses in check.
>>
Great comic book, shit movie.
>>
File: Ozymandias-watchmen.jpg (96 KB, 415x278) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandias-watchmen.jpg
96 KB, 415x278
DO THAT,

RORSCHACH?
>>
No because its just archetypes of the modt famous superheros
>>
>>63402598
>parody of superheroes
>rorschach specifically condemns society's bloodlust
>glorifies superheroes (specifically violence)
zack the hack snyder fucked up
>>
ACTUAL LIST TOP 3 GREATEST CAPESHIT MOVIES EVER

1. Watchmen
2. Unbreakable
3. The Dark Knight
>>
The Dark Knight is the pinnacle of capeshit

I don't kniw why people don't get it
>>
I just finished watching this. I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy black and white views and naked blue man lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
Watchmen is a really good looking movie with a handful of outstanding performances (looking at you, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Billy Crudup) and works as a dumbed down, lowest-common-denominator distillation of the source material, but if you think its not a pale shadow of the graphic novel, you just don't know what you're talking about.

For my money, Punisher: War Zone is just as dumb, pretty and entertaining, and at least it knows what it is.
>>
>>63403633

This is correct, order is preference
>>
>>63403584
I think you need to go back
>>
Blade 1 or 2
>>
>>63403671
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63403671
>I just finished watching this. I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
>I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

Where are you man, I wanna bring my camera and collection of Redditastic movies we can watch together.
>>
>>63403715
shut the fuck up, everyone knows reddit loves Watchmen
>>
>>63403673
you are way too generous to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>63402768
Shut the fuck up you fucking pleb. There are plenty of valid reasons to criticize watchmen. Those are not among them
>>
>>63403810
Lowest common denominator version of the story that maximizes appeal for pseudo-intellectual fratboys like Snyder, not necessarily the lowest common denominator of the general public.
>>
>>63403671
>This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath
wow I almost forgot this used to be a thing
>>
File: asian no understandoes.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
asian no understandoes.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
>>63403440
>spiderman doesn't have a cape
>therefore not capeshit
>>
>>63403565
this post is the guernica of AIDS
>>
>>63403584
choke on ur own vomit n die plz k thx
>>
>>63402598

ITS QUITE GREAT, A TOP FLICK

SNYDERS BEST MOVIE BY FAR
>>
OFFICIAL CAPESHIT POWER RANKINGS

1 - Spiderman 2
2 - Blade 1
3 - Blade 2
4 - X2
5 - Unbreakable
6 - The Incredible Hulk
7 - Watchmen
8 - Batman '89
9 - Iron Man
10 - Winter Soldier
>>
>>63402598
>best capeshit
Batman Returns.

It's also in the Top Ten Christmas Films.

Every other opinion is wrong.
>>
>>63402598
no
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.