[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just finished season 1 can we talk about this guy? did /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
just finished season 1 can we talk about this guy?

did /tv/ think he was the devil while it was airing?

also what was with that raining fish?

i wanna plow Solverson's big white ass
>>
File: eva asuka or rei.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
eva asuka or rei.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>63400446
>did /tv/ think he was the devil while it was airing?
No, just a douche who was good at his job and liked to fuck with people.
>>
>>63400856
He was literally scared away by the Jewish Fella after he was called a demon in Hebrew
>>
>>63400446
That whole devil thing didn't start becoming a meme until after the last ep with his hideous facial expression when he was trying to get up after Colin Hanks shot him.
>>
>>63400446
This character literally reminded me of chugah from no country for old men - except a lot more charismatic. So basically death or satan.
>>
File: pol break up.webm (451 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
pol break up.webm
451 KB, 720x404
>>63400874
>He was literally scared away by the Jewish Fella after he was called a demon in Hebrew
Maybe he's /pol/ incarnate instead.
>>
I tried to watch the second one but I couldnt get into sideburns and aliums
>>
>>63400446
Of Course not, I'm not a retarded redditor.
>also what was with that raining fish?
A tornado.
>>
>>63400446

I did. It makes a lot of sense, his entire character seems to be about corrupting people, and then there's that line about the Garden of Eden, him managing to somehow make it out of a basement with no exits, and killing an entire crime family in Fargo.
>>
>>63401171
I keep seeing this webm, what is it from?
>>
>>63400446
He's (at least in part) a deconstruction of edgy modern villains like Chigurh in the same way that Lester is a deconstruction of meek-but-vicious antiheroes like Walter White. Gus is a deconstruction of the typical everyman hero protagonist and then Molly's the moral and un-Hollywoodish hero. It seems a bit Tumblr on the surface but Hawley works it into the fabric of a classic moral tale set in the same traditional setting as the movie such that it works on a more universal level to the audience. Note that Malvo's line "We used to be gorillas" is a glaring scientific inaccuracy. That's an important thing to take note of because straight away it's clear his schtick is based on falsities and delusions of grandeur from the ground up. This isn't the only thing that's going on in the first season, but it's big part of it.
>>
File: Chigurh.jpg (158 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
Chigurh.jpg
158 KB, 500x365
>out of style haircut
>obsessed with fate
>enjoys making people uncomfortable
>hit man

I wonder where we've seen this before
>>
>>63401834
Except malvo is actually charming.
>>
>>63400446
no, only the reddit plebs.
>also what was with that raining fish?
its a natural phenomena Malvo exploited.
>>
>>63401834

This series is clearly inspired by all coen movies/style, not just fargo. If you didn't make the connection that it's a similar character/theme and you think that they tried to slip it by you're an idiot

>>63401010

Not the devil or satan whatsoever in either No Country or Fargo the Series
>>
>>63401171
The Strain, season 2 (with less nazis than season 1)
>>
They made him way too cartoonish.

Killing 22 gangsters without a sweat and walking away with the FBI outside, not to mention that stupid elevator scene.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.