[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else disappointed by this? I'm as big of an Evil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-106.jpg (94 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-106.jpg
94 KB, 970x545
Anyone else disappointed by this? I'm as big of an Evil Dead fan as anyone and can't even begin to describe my excitement when they announced they were making it, but every week find myself wanting more.

It's not -bad- per se, but it's just a little on the clunky side. The soundtrack kicks ass and it's great to see Bruce strap on the ol' chainsaw again but the dialogue is lacking at times, his girl sidekick is a terrible actress, and the CGI is unforgivably bad.

Maybe Season 2 will be better.
>>
>>63396095

loved ep 1. liked ep 2. wtf with ep 3?

the girl betrays his trust for the 2nd time, endangers the demon summoning and almost gets everyone killed and he just lets her go scott free? yeaaaaaaaaa right.

and that guy totally fucking died. could they not have stopped and had a silent moment for 3 seconds to acknowledge it and take that seriously? i get this show is supposed to have some humor to it but there are literally no stakes now
>>
>>63396517

I don't get what they're doing with the girl. She seems to have no emotions or reaction to her parents dying brutally in front of her and the fact that demons are real.
>>
File: spooky.gif (719 KB, 266x199) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
719 KB, 266x199
I think the series doesn't know what it wants to be at this point. We have to hope that the writers are taking it in a coherent direction, because you can only go so far on a cliche plot line and nostalgia fandom.

I just hope they open it up and really explore the Evil Dead universe instead of just making it a rerun of Supernatural.

I think they're missing the mark on the Deadites and the Evil Dead feel though. Ash has to be powerless against an overwhelming supernatural enemy with no hope of survival of maintaining his sanity.
>>
Something that always cracks me up is how absolutely cavernous the interior of Ash's shitty trailer seems to be.
>>
>>63396670

Teaming Ash up with sidekicks is never a good idea. They do it in the AoD comics all the time and it's hardly ever interesting.

Ash is best when he's on his own.
>>
Lucy Lawless seems wasted on this show. Her only purpose seems to be to show up, say a few pseudo-badass lines, then disappear for the rest of it.
>>
File: scurred.gif (468 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
scurred.gif
468 KB, 500x228
>>63396771

>Ash warns his sidekicks that they'll die in the cabin
>yfw they actually die in the cabin
>>
File: 1418854997014.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1418854997014.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>63396971

although Pablo's kind of a bro
>>
I wish they'd saved the reveal of how/why the Deadites have returned until a little later. Don't get me wrong, the reason is funny as hell and seems fitting for this series, but it'd make for a great moment of drama if Ash spent most of the season puffing himself up as this badass demon slayer to his new buddies and it turned out to be his dumb ass that resurrected them all along.
>>
>>63396971
That would make the show instant 11/10 GOAT for me even though I like pablo
>>
>>63397146

There is no how/why of the Deadites. The Necronomicon was originally an H.P. Lovecraft plot device. It was a book written by Abdul Alhazered which contained cosmic knowledge that was "unspeakable."

So basically the Necronomicon means what you want it to mean and can contain what you want it to contain. So it makes the plot very malleable.
>>
File: 1359529014526.jpg (289 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1359529014526.jpg
289 KB, 500x498
>Based Ash trying to fuck his way out of paying 22 bucks
>>
Honestly thought the distortion effects on the demon looked WAY better than the rest of the CG.
>>
>>63397316

I think anon means why deadites are showing up, not where they came from. His idea is that the scene showing Ash getting high with the girl who likes poetry should've been placed later in the series to give that punchline some more punch.
>>
>>63397316

Oh no I know that, I was just saying that the reveal that Ash got stoned and recited the words from the book while trying to impress some chick is something they should have saved for the third act of the season.
>>
File: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
love it.
>>
>>63397066
I feel bad for Pablo, he deserves a better love interest. He wanted to kiss her on the forehead, someone like him deserves a pure girl.
>>
>>63397383

That demon and the weird distortion effects they used on him was fucking GOAT.

But for Evil Dead- a franchise that earned its' place in the practical effects hall of fame, there is an absolutely unforgivable amount of CGI- and BAD CGI at that. Digital blood splatters, unconvincing head explosions, the list goes on. It's distracting.
>>
>>63397379
>I know waitresses don't normally get a big tip
>>
>>63396095
needs more Bruce Three Stooges comic scenes.
>>
>>63397500
I agree, pretty much the whole of the first episode.
>>
>>63397379

I wouldn't expect anything less.
>>
autists who overanalyze shit like Evil Dead, instead of having fun with it, need to leave this board
>>
>>63397566

Can't have fun if there's few reasons to have it.
>>
File: RNkpD8Y.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
RNkpD8Y.gif
2 MB, 200x293
>>63397566

>come into a thread about a board concerning TV shows to a thread about a TV show and tell people that they shouldn't talk about a TV show

How drunk are you?
>>
It sucks shit that Army of Darkness isn't canon.

All these years, all the money Raimi has made, and he still can't buy the rights to all 3 of his movies?
>>
>>63397566

Ridiculous. a "silly show" can be both good and bad.

Personally I love the show, don't really see what people here are complaining about. My only complaint is that the show would be better with longer episodes.
>>
>>63398118
they could've gotten the rights, but that means Universal gets a say on creative decisions
>>
>>63398123

The whole Army of Darkness vibe is a show that doesn't take itself seriously and accepts that the line between horror and comedy is pretty blurred.
>>
>>63398123

There's no reason this shouldn't have been an hour-long show.
>>
so tru
>>
>>63398275
desu
>>
>>63398172

Eek.
>>
love this show

best thing airing right now besides fargo :^)
>>
am i shadow ban?
>>
At least they're finally going back to the cabin.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.