[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this considered the best film ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Citizenkane.jpg (140 KB, 580x859) Image search: [Google]
Citizenkane.jpg
140 KB, 580x859
Why is this considered the best film ever made?
>>
Innovation, mostly. Regardless, it's simply a film that most agree is great and important, but very few actually consider it the number 1 movie of all time.
>>
because it called out usa as being eternally a joke which europeans love to hear and since they have nothing better to do on earth anymore now that they realized how pathetic they are from world wars 1 and 2, they critique film and occasionally soccer fields and they rate highly all anti-usa propaganda
>>
>>63391255
because plebs
>>
Innovative, bold, endless inventive in all fields.

A masterpice desu
>>
>>63391255
If you have to ask this then you will never know.
>>
inteligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>63391456
>>63391512
these
>>63391346
>>63391355
>>63391377
not these
>>
>>63391512
Then tell me so I know, due to it being considered the best film ever made I had very high expectations, I was expecting something of the same quality as seven samurai, technically the film is like a decade ahead of its time but I don't see anything special after that
>>
it's pretty good plotwise... you really feel for the guy.
>>
>>63391594
I may not see probably because of my taste, technically I agree, but for me the best films are those that play on your emotions
>>
>>63391648
I had the same opinion you did, when I first saw it, then I watched it again fifteen years later and was blown away by it, not just on a technical level, but by its wit, its insights, its wild invention. Not my favorite movie, but objectively it's right up there.
>>
>>63391734
Well, the playing on the emotions, that's a standard you're setting, and even then, I find a lot of emotional moments in Kane. When the kid is taken away from his parents (and look at how that scene is shot, for fuck's sake), when the wife's opera fails completely - it's so raw and cringe-inducing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.