[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or does his directing really improve after Fantastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Wes Anderson.jpg (109 KB, 1910x1000) Image search: [Google]
Wes Anderson.jpg
109 KB, 1910x1000
Is it just me or does his directing really improve after Fantastic Mr Fox? It's like his work with stop motion, meticulously taking each shot individually translated into his live action work. Even though I think that Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotel are not his best films, I think they are the best directed.

I would honestly love to see how he would remake The Royal Tenenbaums nowadays and compare it the original.
>>
>>63387975
Basically what everyone has said
>>
>>63387975
>Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotel are not his best films

Only contrarians and hipsters genuinely believe this. Grand Budapest Hotel is his style perfected. It is truly the climax of his career, and I don't think he will be able to top it. It's the film that made even Wes Anderson hates understand it - Amy Nicholson comes to mind.
>>
>>63388625
>Grand Budapest Hotel is his style perfected.
Is that why I love it so much?
>>
>>63388625
>>63388641
is getting moonrise kingdom and grand budapest hotel confused a "meme thingy" now?
>>
Anyone else hate how he has all his children and teenagers talk like adults? It worked for Rushmore, but I don't really like it otherwise.
>>
>>63388751
Yes, he is a horrible writer but a good set designer
>>
>>63388751
I think it makes sense, since they all seem to come from educated, upper class families
>>
>>63387975
Kingdom was extremely good though, i mean the self realization is incredible.
>>
>>63388837
>horrible writer

I'd say that like Tarantino he's an overrated writer, but horrible? Come on.
>>
>>63388751
>>63388837
Are you referring to Moonrise kingdom? Because they are supposed to be like that, the idea is that the kids are eager to grow up and act more mature than their age.
>>
>>63389275
Literally every single one of his films with children. Moonrise is just the most obvious since it has more lines of dialogue from kids than all his other films combined.
>>
File: 1415904900257.jpg (17 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1415904900257.jpg
17 KB, 400x299
i just watched fantastic mr fox recently
comfy as fuck
>>
>>63389326
Im downloading Budapest as we speak so ill take a look, any others specifically?
>>
I absolutely hated Moonrise Kingdom and only thought Grand Budapest was slightly better. Should I bother with any others?
>>
>noone fucking posted life aquatic itt
its literally his best
>>
>>63387975
HE'S THE HIPSTER VERSION OF TIM BURTON AND MAKES NOTHING BUT TWEE GARBAGE ONLY APPRECIATED BY THOSE WITH AUTISM; BASICALLY SOFIA COPPOLA WITH A TINY COCK, OR LARGE CLIT, DEPENDING ON YOUR POINT OF VIEW!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>63389522
>Hipster version of Tim Burton
Tim Burton is the hipster version of Tim Burton.
>>
>>63389522
YOU MISSING "DUDE" AND "LMAO" IN YOUR'S POST
>>
>>63388751
Is that also why most characters in his films don't show emotion at all?
>>
>>63389329
I saw the grant budapest hotel in an old cinema theater with a friend of mine after eating biscuit cake, that was quite comfy.
>>
>>63389468
I think he needs to make a Christmas film, it was would be incredibly comfy.
>>
File: 1449407390150.png (1 MB, 511x663) Image search: [Google]
1449407390150.png
1 MB, 511x663
>>63389665
I'LL SAY "DUDE" AND "LMAO" AT YOUR FUCKING FUNERAL, FAGGOT!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>63389468
Moonrise was a masterpiece.
>>
>>63389817
I think he needs to make a spooky and campy horror movie
>>
>>63390429
Hed do a great job of it.
>>
>>63387975
directing work in The Great Budapest Hotel is flawless.

for Wes best work, i'd probably vote for Royal Tenebaums
>>
Wes Anderson rankings:

1. Life Aquatic
2. Bottle Rocket
3. Royal Tenenbaums
4. Djareeling Limited
5. Rushmore
6. Fantastic Mr. Fox
7. Moonrise Kingdom
8. Grand Budapest

I'm qualified to say this, as I own all of the Criterion releases of his movies.
>>
>>63392195
Never understood the love for Royal Tenenbaums. It's fine, but with the exception of the opening, nothing stands out as all that amazing.
>>
>>63393044
true, it's overrated
>>
>>63393044
Considering the scope of the characters, the set pieces, the way each scene plays out one after another, it is arguably his most ambitious plot, and I genuinely think his strongest as well. It's a unique movie, 'anderson', of course, but even among his other films it stands out on its own. I think it has the best acting out of all of his movies too, not a whole lot of 'DUDE KIDS ACTING LIKE MATURE ADULTS LMAO' crap that's so prevalent in most of his movies. I'm aware that there are many scenes where the tenenbaums are kids, but they're vital to the story and feel natural. Meh, idk.
>>
>>63393044
I couldn't tell you why but it just works for me better than any of his others. I think its the perfect mix of style and substance for him, the films before were good but the visuals and music were all improved on in Tenenbaums, and for a long while afterwords his films felt too "cartoonish" for lack of a better word. GBH was a very strong comback though
>>
>>63387975
>muh ironical detachment

His best is Life Aquatic, which to me feels like his most sincere film.
>>
>>63389468
I like his earlier work better desu
Only marginally though
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.