[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huh, it actually does work as a crossguard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Huh, it actually does work as a crossguard.
>>
>>63387880

For YOU!
>>
why not just make the crossguard out of the materiel that's containing the lightsaber, since obviously it's resistant?
>>
>>63388698
Why not just make armor out of lightsaber?

Why not just make gloves out of lightsaber?

Why not just have a planet-sized lightsaber instead of a death star?
>>
>>63387880
all I can notice is JB's WCBH
>>
>>63387880
NO it doesn't.
>>
>swing light saber down to parry a low attack
>bring light saber against my chest to block an attack
>bring light saber over my head to protect my head
>opponents light saber pushes my light saber back a few inches
>Fuck! I just stabbed myself! Ahhhhh lord snook, help me!
>>
>>63388780
holy kek
i never realised that, but as a dueling lightsaber its far more likely to kill the user than the attacker.
all of the fights we see show users parrying attacks close to the body, sometimes milimetres from the user.
with a cylindrical grip like that, and basic human functional strength, its likely to rotate against thrust because of the ergonomics of the handle and the shere (not sheer as in power) of the attack acting upon the side of the blade.

any blows against the sides of the blade would turn it in his hand, or his wrist would have to bend to compensate the blow, so he basically has to learn to avoid his own hilt, or fight in a tightly defined, head on way whilst avoiding his own lightsaber
>>
>>63388780
>>63389097
Hopefully this means we'll see more brutal realistic swordwork, instead of the choreographed shit in the prequels.
>>
>>63388722
But they do. Thats what the dtarkiller base is. Thats why it is built ob ilum
>>
>>63388722
>Why not just make armor out of lightsaber?
>Why not just make gloves out of lightsaber?
It only work in tube configurations and technology is stagnant in Star Wars.
>Why not just have a planet-sized lightsaber instead of a death star?
Because that's sort of what a death star is.
>>
>>63389203
Abrams has confirmed that they're going back to the kendo esque fighting of the originals, rather than the crazy choreography of the prequels.
>>
>>63388780
the autisim in this post
>>
>>63387880
What's the lightsaber mechanism anyway ?
It's surely not thermal energy or it would melt your face.
>>
>>63389737
It's plasma contained in a magnetic field. When it hits something, the field breaks around that area and the heat is released. That's why your hand doesn't melt off while hold it.
>>
>>63389792
but wouldnt that create a blast of directional heat when it hits anything? so surely it would have a blast radius like area of effect?
also, how on earth would that repel lasers?
>>
>>63390085
You got me on directional heat. But blasters do not shoot lasers. They fire plasma contained in a magnetic field. Thus the field of the saber repulses the field of the blaster shot.
>>
>>63389203

Even it were more realistic, having the cross guard made out of something as deadly as a lightsaber blade is stupid. It'd be like making a real cross guard out of fucking knives or something.

But whatever, doesn't Star Wars have some shit that's like lightwhips or something?
>>
File: kyloren-lightsaber-prop-plaque.jpg (217 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
kyloren-lightsaber-prop-plaque.jpg
217 KB, 700x525
>>
>>63390157
ebin
>>
>>63389097
>>63389203

You'd fight with lightsabers like you would a rapier. Keeping distance between you and the opponent because one wrong move and you can be cut every which way.
>>
>Literally a cross on fire
>A black dude
>Nazis
>Jewdis

Subtle
>>
lightsabers have more fundamental problems than just that crossguard
for example, you should be able to just swing, turn it off past the other saber, and turn it on to kill.
>>
File: Lord_Nyax.jpg (34 KB, 483x516) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Nyax.jpg
34 KB, 483x516
>>63388722
>>
>>63390125
why dont jedis and siths use the force to alter the magnetic field around the plasma, either dispersing it or redirecting it?
they could alter each others weapons at will with no effort.

I think we're applying too much real world logic to a cartoon situation here, suspension of disbelief and that
>>
>>63387880
Pretty sure they changed it after everyone realized how retarded the original was.
>>
>>63388722
This is literally 70% of the EU
>>
File: wp_ss_20151119_0003.png (520 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151119_0003.png
520 KB, 800x480
>>63388722
>>
>>63389097
pretty sure this is why you need to be able to use the force to not be a scrub at it
>>
>>63390579

>knee lightsabers
this is dumb as shit but I love it
>>
>>63390716
Well, being a Force scrub is what got Maul killed.
>>
>>63390716
but if they are using the force to aid their grip and to parry, isn't the lightsaber essentially a secondary weapon?
no matter how much coreography there is, the fight will be won by the user with the higher mastery of the force, as they will be able to influence the direction of thrusts and parrys more effectively.
when we see a lighsaber battle we are actually witnessing two peoples influence of the force being used to manipulate each others movements and create a situation where they can fatally effect the other.
If the force mastery was high enough they would be able to influence the lightsaber of the combatant and win the fight with no weapon of their own.
>>
based force solving literally all film problems
>>
>>63387880
count dooku could have used a crossguard desu senpai
>>
>>63391173
I think the force should become a blanket term, it could describe all physical innacuracies in all movies, if we just agree that the force exists in some form universally.
>>
>>63387880
It would still cut through the blade emitter
>>
No it fucking doesn't you queer piece of shit
>>
>>63389097
>tfw based Finn will close his eyes, use the force, strike the side guard, make the lightsaber twist around in Kylo's hand and de-hand him, just like Anakin
>>
fuck familia i'm so bored that i actually started watching clone wars
>>
>>63390624
Because it'd be hard as shit and the force is pretty unimpressive in the films.
>oooohh, look at my basic telekinesis, so strong!
>>
barring the dangers and shit of the crossguard made of something that cuts flesh with complete ease...

why do you even need a crossguard when every film has shown that two lightsabers in contact develop some sort of friction that prevents the blades from sliding past one another?
>>
>>63390579
ahahahaha, oh man my sides.
>>
>>63387880
>Huh, it actually does work as a crossguard.
Umm no it's ment as a way to throw off people. Mandalorian steel is light sabre proof.
>>
>>63390157
>look how big those ports are
>>
That's some bad CGI.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.