[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (274 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
image.png
274 KB, 500x733
Thoughts?
>>
you first
>>
>>63385682
Really bad.
>>
>>63385682
good flick desu
>>
>be french
>everyone keeps asking me about this movie
>every foreigner who comes here keeps comaring the experience to that movie
I haven't seen it and I'm already sick of it.
>>
The patriarch of meme movies
>>
>>63385691
A girl who wouldn't fuck me recommended it. I like it but more for the narrative style and cinematography than the story or humor
>>
its definitely a nice french movie that captures the whimsy and quirkiness of life in paris suburbia

i say this never having been to france after disappearing up my own smug asshole
>>
Not particularly my thing, but I get it. I wouldn't think someone was a pleb for liking it.
>>
>>63385752
C'est de la merde.
>>
>>63385843
>the whimsy and quirkiness of life in paris suburbia
Paris suburbia is either some of the richest neighbourhoods in the country OR shitholes complete with poverty, drug dealing and regular shootings.
There is nothing whimsical about PAris whatsoever.
>>
>>63385682
I liked it a lot, with her as this like master manipulator. I would have liked to see her turn evil and just start wrecking peoples lives
>>
>>63385984
Do you live in paris?
>>
>>63385984
pretty much

amelie is nostalgia for a france that doesnt exist

for nostalgiafags who have never been

and probably will never go

still liked amelie tho, nice movie, fun to watch while holding a girl's hand
>>
File: scarf.jpg (8 KB, 236x262) Image search: [Google]
scarf.jpg
8 KB, 236x262
>>63385682
My thoughts? It is actually a decent flick, very cozy and quirky. Its a fantasy, a fairy tale set in the Paris of romantic dreams, a serenate for the lovers in the bridge. Ah and I like Audrei Tatou, she is a quite beautiful woman. Reminds me a lot of anne. In the end it is just a pastime flick, nothing more nothing less.It reasonates better with females I guess. I give it 7-8
>>
Watched it when I was a bit drunk and very tired and really really loved it.

Watched it again later when I was in a normal state and it was so fucking slow and boring.
>>
File: amelie502.jpg (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
amelie502.jpg
1 MB, 1920x816
It's my favorite movie of all time. Why? For the simple fact that it makes me feel good, I had a huge grin on my face the entire time when I first saw it, It's not trying to be anything other than that.

I don't think Paris is actually like that, I don't know why anyone would think that. I don't think it's THE greatest film of all time and I completely understand why someone wouldn't like it. Am I the only one?
>>
MPDG: the movie
>>
It's a rom-com taken from the manic pixie dream girl's POV.

It's a nice, comfy, watchable fairy tale.
>>
File: 02 2.jpg (155 KB, 668x668) Image search: [Google]
02 2.jpg
155 KB, 668x668
>>63385682
It's like a friend.
>>
>>63385752
nique ta mère
>>
File: assault armadillo.jpg (264 KB, 1586x1591) Image search: [Google]
assault armadillo.jpg
264 KB, 1586x1591
>>63386229
>audrey tatou
>tatou
>mfw
>>
>>63385984

This. Maybe it was better before, but Paris is complete shithole since at least the year 2000. Some suburbs are nice (nothing really "quirky" about them though) but most of them are complete shitholes, closer to what we see in movies such as La Haine.

But I have to admit that Amélie is good at painting an ideal description of Paris, that doesn't exist in real life but allow people to dream. Having lived in Paris, however, the movie didn't strike me.
>>
File: Amelie-0609.jpg (319 KB, 1920x812) Image search: [Google]
Amelie-0609.jpg
319 KB, 1920x812
>>63386315
>>63386323

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManicPixieDreamGirl

This is an extremely broad category. Amelie is about her fixing herself, or making herself a better person.
>>
File: wat-.jpg (32 KB, 229x229) Image search: [Google]
wat-.jpg
32 KB, 229x229
>implying this movie is about paris
>>
>>63386585
The Paris it describes is the one we see in Jacques Tati movies from the 50s.
And these movies were precisely about how that Paris was disappearing.
>>
>>63385682
I remember all the cultural marxists being butthurt that there weren't 9001 minority characters.
>>
>>63386997
Huh? But there are minority characters.
>>
>>63386323
Are "manic pixie dream girls" supposed to be friendless shutins like Amelie?
>>
>>63386294
Stop being so reasonable

your favorite film doesn't have to be what you think is the best film you've seen. People here think their favorite films measures their tastes so they just say what they think is best when in reality they never mention the movie they enjoy the most.
>>
an ex-gf showed it to me and I found it to be unauthentic garbage.
>>
>>63387844
She did well, dumping you.
>>
>>63385682
Amelie is a fantastic film. What a fantastic film. It's French, but you can easily work out what's happening most of the way through. Not predigested, Hollywood blockbuster crap. That shit, trying to lure you in by entertaining you. It's so shallow.
>>
the musical with samantha barks was better
>>
>>63385682
film was okay. saw it a long time ago, typical cutesy alternative chick vibe.

the one thing that i remember and thought was funny was that one scene in the beginning with a small bird and some exposition about people having sex or something like that. totally non-related to the character but that's what i remember most about the movie.
>>
>>63386229
Good god she is adorable
>>
It's a feel good movie, nothing grandiose in the way it's done, but it does leave you with a smile after.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.