[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: chimpsandchess.jpg (43 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
chimpsandchess.jpg
43 KB, 350x263
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x462
>>
>>63383418
Autism: The Post
>>
>>63383418
It literally wasn't a metaphor or symbolism. It was just a year to explain the Barksdale hierarchy.

I think it went over your head OP.
>>
>>63383709

stupid image
>>
ITT: Wirefags respond to pasta in a desperate attempt to make their show seem like its deep and not just a police procedural.
>>
The Wire is the GOAT show. Deal with it.
>>
>>63383810
being unable to decipher sarcasm is a sign of autism
>>
>>63383418
Totally agree.
That metaphor is hella f*cking epic!

Black people have feelings too!
>>
>>63384111
>Police procedural
>>
i watched it recently aswell in hd. was kind of triggered when he 1: interrupted their checkers game with the shittiest explanation of chess ever, 2: he didnt mention that pawns can move twice as far when you move them for the first time, 3: when he knocked away the piece with the queen it landed under bodies chair and no one seemed to care even though they were presumably going to use that piece after d angelo was done explaining
>>
>>63385518
They could just replace the Queen with an empty crack vial.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.