[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Good is a point of view, Anakin He was trying to teach Anakin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: emperor sheev 1.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
emperor sheev 1.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>Good is a point of view, Anakin

He was trying to teach Anakin to not deal in absolutes. But:

>Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

What if Sheev wasn't actually a Sith?
>>
The fuck is this Sheev shit?
>>
>>63381365
Sheev Palpatine star wars character
>>
Sheeva me timbers
>>
>>63381365
hello reddit!
>>
>>63381348
>Only a sith deals in absolutes
This in and of itself is an statement of absolutes. So either Obi Wan was a Sith, or he was lying. Either way he was absolutely wrong. Despite having the high ground.
>>
>do.. or do not.. there is no try
was yoda a shitlord?
>>
>>63381521
>This in and of itself is an statement of absolutes.
That's the joke. The joke holds throughout the series too, since the jedi are consistently portrayed as more absolutist in their beliefs and behavior than the sith
>>
File: 1449273631430.gif (3 MB, 436x303) Image search: [Google]
1449273631430.gif
3 MB, 436x303
Rate my sheev
>>
>>63382248
This is one of the reasons that people don't like the prequels. Why is there a joke in the first place? Aren't we supposed to be on the Jedis' side?

If George is trying to portray the Jedi as the heroes and the Sith as the villains in an epic of good vs. evil, why all the hamfisted attempts at moral ambiguity?
>>
The whole concept of the Sith as an order is retarded. There didn't need to be an official organization dedicated to being pure evil. They could have just been corrupted ex-Jedis. Which is what they ended up sort of being anyway, so why bother make a formal union of villains? It's just fucking dumb.

I liked it better in the OT where it was implied that "the dark side" was just using the Force for selfish and evil reasons, rather than a separate entity unto its own with unique powers.
>>
>>63382544
youre right

the problem is that 99% of EU + the prequels and tv shows are just stuff from the OT slightly remixed and nothing new

they just reuse ideas from the original and by that they ruin what made the OT have that mysterious feel

>oh yoda isnt just an elf on the side of the road creature that understands the force and thats why jedi knights like obi wan trained with him, hes just another jedi guy from the jedi council in the jedi temple
>oh he also knew chewbacca
>btw all siths have red sabers and all jedi have green and blue ones. Why? because there was one red saber that belonged to a sith and 2 blue sabers that belonged to jedi. Oh and one of them tuned his saber so it became green, yeah and thats why all jedi in history have blue and green sabers and all sith have red
>Oh and the Emperor has a lightsaber now too
>And yoda too

really rustles my jimmies
>>
>>63382441
It's not an intentional joke. George is just a retard who didn't understand that the words he was putting into the mouths of his characters made no sense and didn't line up with their actions.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.