[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Both versions of this poster are overly busy; the makers tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Force-Awakens-Chinese-Poster.jpg (178 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
Force-Awakens-Chinese-Poster.jpg
178 KB, 560x800
Both versions of this poster are overly busy; the makers tried to pack in every memecharacter they could think of, and the end result is a mess. Amirite?
>>
File: empire-movie-poster.jpg (397 KB, 1369x2125) Image search: [Google]
empire-movie-poster.jpg
397 KB, 1369x2125
They would have been better served with a retro-styled painted poster.

BUT they decided to follow George Lucas and continue doing photoshop posters.

And I am annoyed that no one gives a shit that Chewie and Poe were both removed from the Chinese poster; we're all supposed to care that the black guy who's still in it got made smaller to make room for TIE fighters
>>
>>63377717
blue 'n orange ayyyyyyy
>>
>>63377785
they're going to save the classic posters for re-screenings. just to build hype all over again.
>>
>>63377717
Agree, they should have croped the nigger, the whore in the centre, and more ephasize han and leia.
>>
>>63377838
Not just blue and red, green to orange and split down the middle.
It looks like shit
>>
>>63377864
And multiple "collectable" steel box releases.
>>
File: struzan tfa.jpg (178 KB, 930x1324) Image search: [Google]
struzan tfa.jpg
178 KB, 930x1324
>>63377717
Yes; it's not the "memecharacters" (whatever the fuck that even means), it's that there's just too much shit going on, period. It's trying to emulate the classic Struzan poster style but it goes overboard with the "floating heads" thing, and the fact that the people are Photoshopped in instead of illustrated makes it look cheap.

And it's doubly weird because we actually HAVE an official Struzan poster commissioned by Disney (pic related), but they're not using it as the primary one.
>>
>>63377785
>we're all supposed to care that the black guy who's still in it got made smaller to make room for TIE fighters
He's smaller cause the Chinese don't like black people. Proven fact.
>>
>>63378337
>Struzan poster
That's a pretty sweet poster - I'm starting to get the feeling Han plays a larger role than I expected he was going to play.

Out of curiosity - how much does Struzan find out about the movies when he's making a poster? Does he get to read the scripts? See early cuts? Just wondering how he decides what to emphasise and how to frame things.
>>
>>63378430
Han is the "Obi-Wan" of this movie; he's there to relate information about the galaxy to the protagonists (and therefore the audience as proxy), be a guiding figure for Finn and Rey, and then get totally killed by his son Kylo Ren to make the audience hate Kylo as an effective villain for the events of the trilogy to come

And he gets to see the film, or at least see it in its unfinished state, with details of all the plot points etc.
>>
File: image.png (321 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
321 KB, 600x450
>>63378389
>implying
http://m.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1521076/afro-chinese-marriages-boom-guangzhou-will-it-be-til-death?page=all
>>
That struzan poster sucks. I'm not surprised they aren't using it.
>>
>>63380347
>Look mom I'm being contrarian again
>>
>>63378430
>Out of curiosity - how much does Struzan find out about the movies when he's making a poster? Does he get to read the scripts? See early cuts? Just wondering how he decides what to emphasise and how to frame things.

They showed him part of The Force Awakens. He says its the best SW film out of all 7

http://www.slashfilm.com/drew-struzan-force-awakens-opinions/
>>
>>63377717
That's the point of that style of posters though? To convey the whole "There's an endless amount of stuff in here to see"?
>>
No the chinese version is better because it doesn't have any niggers in it
>>
>Both versions of this poster are overly busy; the makers tried to pack in every memecharacter they could think of

Because thats exactly what the movie is friend
>>
Kylo looks way too photoshopped in that poster
>>
>>63377717
>>63378337
They're really making a big deal out of this light/dark split imagery
Those TIE fighters look fucking cool on the Struzan one btw
>>
File: BladeRunner-Poster-American-A.jpg (265 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
BladeRunner-Poster-American-A.jpg
265 KB, 998x1500
>>63380462
>To convey the whole "There's an endless amount of stuff in here to see"?
I wouldn't have said so, no - it just needs to find some way to convey the feeling of the film while calling out the leads. Spamming all that stuff just reinforces the fact that this movie is a cash-in on some old things people have fond memories of, like Han solo, the millennium falcon, etc. Pic is a good simple poster.
>>
File: TFA Minimalist.png (49 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
TFA Minimalist.png
49 KB, 900x1200
The really should have made a minimalist poster for The Force Awakens instead of the cliche busy poster stuff like the last 6 movies
>>
>>63377717
I think if you took the lines off troopers off the bottom, dialed back the ties and x wings to one each it would work better.
>>
>>63380765
Is that baitfish on the bottom?
>>
>>63380765
>They really should have made a minimalist poster
said no one, ever
>>
>>63380767
Strong agree
>Space-age civilization
>Still fighting the shittiest way possible: ranks of dudes trading fire.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>63380444
>no details
Sounds like bullshit to me.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.