[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The leftovers official thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: holywayne.jpg (128 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
holywayne.jpg
128 KB, 1600x1200
So can we officially agree that this show is top 5 2014-2015 if not the best of 2015 ?

Then where the fuck is the leftovers official thread ?

One day left before the final. Can't fucking wait
>>
>>63375827
>One day left before the final.

you mean today?
>>
>>63375875

For american yeah. Sadly i'am not
>>
Why is nobody posting in here ?

Does tv hates the leftovers ?

Is this series this obscure ?
>>
>>63376284

Chillax, Leftovers threads only get busy minutes before the episode starts and days after it airs.
>>
>>63376307
I'm fairly new in here
>>
So anybody with hbo go knows once the episode gets in queue you can fast forward to the end I wonder if I should fast forward to last 5 mins and spoil it besides threads are dead anyway
>>
>>63376898
Now that TWD is over there may be more traffic, damn /tv/ is pleb as fuck to watch that shit over The Leftovers
>>
>>63376898

>So anybody with hbo go knows once the episode gets in queue you can fast forward to the end I wonder if I should fast forward to last 5 mins and spoil it besides threads are dead anyway
>>
I gave up after the 4th episode, should I pick it up again?
>>
>>63376964
No. If Christopher Eccleston performance in episode 3 didn't convince you then there's no point
>>
So when Patty said that the girls have vanished, did she knew that they were with the remnant and was just fucking up with Garvey?
Or did she actually saw they got taken and now they are back?

I can't wait for Lindelof to fuck this up.
>>
I missed the last episode, do I have to watch it or can it be skipped like S2E2?
>>
File: Leftovers s02e09 edgy.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Leftovers s02e09 edgy.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>63377182

Sure, do what you want.
>>
>>63377182
No episode can be skipped

>>63376898

Wtf plebs ?

>>63376996
>>63376964

Got hooked after the very first episode but the more you plebs the more episode you need to watch to get hooked

You got to continue
>>
>>63377218

This edgy as fuck, I hope she gets btfo'd tonight.
>>
>>63377218

Don't watch this show, but can anyone explain this?
>>
I dragged myself season 1 because I just wanted it to end, and surprise susprise nothing fucking happened.

did they explain why the nig in the OP impregnated all those women?

are there any answers in season 2 or is it more bullshit from the creator of lost?
>>
>>63377330

Just go watch the show fucking fagget
>>
>>63377406
No answers so far, but then again if you watch it for the mistery you are wrong.
>>
>>63377330
The Leftovers is a terrible show that thinks it can do shit like this on a weekly basis and still be taken seriously
>>
>>63377444
not the main mystery, how all those people vanished. I don't really care about that. I mean everything else that happens. like the black guy fucking all those asians and giving them handlers.
>>
justin theroux and the music carries this show. the plot is a major cock tease and it seems pointless as fuck. guessing nothing is gonna happen in the last episode and everyone is gonna be left wondering forever what the fuck it was all about
>>
>>63377406
To save the world.

It's not already explained and the leftovers like to let the mystery be. So far we know that Kevin Garvey is pretty important in the grand scheme of thing and Wayne daughter already got him back with his new familly. Maybe that was super important.

She also fullfilled is wish wich was to be with his family again
>>
>>63377471
He had a vision that his baby would be important. In it's vision it's surely was very clear that the mother of his infant would be asian.

So he impregnated the most asian women possible and made sure that they were taken care of for one of his baby (maybe all ?) would mean the world
>>
>>63377218
>Thought it'd end up in an explosion
>Nothing

Ehh, why didn't anyone throw the damn thing out of a window?.
>>
>>63377471
Things are vague, sure. Plebs will argue that Wayne had magic powers. Patricians know he was a fraud who liked asian teenagers.
>>
David Burton from Australia is surely gonna be the s3 plot right? And they'll call it The Leftovers: Australia.
>>
>>63377138
Patty was an unreliable narrator.
>>
>>63377218
last episode was disappointing.
with patty and the cop's wife no longer in the remnant, the writers decided to hand it over to liv. she cant carry it, i mean the story could be very good, but she looks like an angry teenager, although in her forties.
>>
>>63378693

>He thinks there's gonna be a Season 3.
>>
>>63379258
forgot to add she cant act as good as patty and that hurts the show.
>>
where can i stream this shit tonight? (EU)
>>
>>63379258
>>63379361

I disagree
>>
>>63379307
There won't be a season 3 ?
>>
>>63380137

Mind the trolls anon
>>
What did people think of International Assassin? I know, two weeks ago, I'm a little behind and just caught up. I'm not really sure what I think. It was definitely well done, and I liked how it felt like a dream, but I'm not sure how it isn't going to end up being mostly a diversion from everything else in the season.
>>
File: 1385193372365.jpg (95 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1385193372365.jpg
95 KB, 600x800
>>63378650
Based Wayne knew what was up.
>>
>>63380324
I thought it was awesome and I dont see how you could view it as a diversion
>>
>>63380324
I like how they made it feel like a dream. You feel like you need to do something but complete random nonsense keeps happening.
>>
>>63378650

This.
>>
>>63380361

Yeah it felt a lot how my dreams feel. But... everyone he meets happens to also be a person who is dead. Which suggests it might be some kind of journey through the spirit world. I guess it could just be a coincidence?
>>
>>63378650
this, nothing more

He didn't have magical powers, Kevin's stepson was also able to do the same bullshit he did and it worked aswell
>>
>>63380344

I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me feels like it could be considered 'filler' but I enjoyed it enough that I'm hesitant to say that.
>>
>>63378693

It'll have an opening song being sung with a really
thick Australian accent and didgeridoos blaring in the background
>>
File: confirmed 4U.jpg (27 KB, 497x354) Image search: [Google]
confirmed 4U.jpg
27 KB, 497x354
There won't be a season 3, it's confirmed.
>>
>>63380399
Is it ok to mislead people (on a personal or even mass scale) if it ends up helping them?
>>
>>63380324
my thought was that Golden Age of televison isnt finished just yet

plus I am big fan of Verdi so it was very special episode for me
>>
>>
>>63380680
This confirms nothing ?
>>
>>63380749

I think it's a meme.
>>
>>63380681
Laurie was right. She explained Wayne perfectly. It doesn't work if they don't pay. The money is their commitment to change. People (read, audience) would rather believe in magic than face their own feelings if resent and disappointment within thenselves.

I am so glad I got to in clean- no knowledge of the book or of most of the actors or of Lindleoff.

I did try to watch Lost a few years ago but gave up in ep 3 or 4. And I really liked Prometheus, but I've never watched any of the Alien movies except the one with Winona Ryder and I really liked it, too. But I was, what? 14 then? I didn't start watching actual films until I was 19 or 20. And I STILL appreciate popcorn flicks but I don't get offended when people call them pleb. They are pleb. And some pleb shit is fun.

But to pretend that The Leftovers is pleb is just contrarian troll bullshit, or worse, people who decided it sucked before it started. I'm a firm believer that there aren't really hate watchers. Just people who like to troll, some have never seen it, and some are actually fans who get bored online.
>>
Season 1 > Season 2
>>
>>63380895

Your like of Prometheus most likely has to do with not having seen Alien. I'm a huge fan of Alien and I hated Prometheus. It was just like midichlorians... a silly and unnecessary explanation for something when the entire point was for it to be mysterious, i.e. not explained.
>>
>>63381033
>edgy
>>
>>63381033

that's for sure mah nigga
>>
>>63381033
Undeniable.
>>
>>63381033
depends on how you define >
>>
>>63381616
Patricians choose s1. And Plebians choose s2. Defining > depends on whether you actually understand subtext.
>>
>>63381881
Anyone who uses the term patracian or plebian is a massive faggot and most likely a retard with horrible taste.
>>
>>63381033
Pleb taste
>>
>>63377406
There is never going to be answers to what happens. Show runner has said he wants to the audience to be as confused as the characters, the show isn't about answers. It's about how people react to and handle tragedy/loss/religion.
>>
File: sB4TM69.jpg (162 KB, 750x1172) Image search: [Google]
sB4TM69.jpg
162 KB, 750x1172
Flood confirmed?
>>
>>63380324
>Our cave collapsed, Kevin

pottery
>>
>>63381033
*le tip*
>>
>>63381033
Season 1 had some of the best episodes, but overall, season 2 is better and more consistent
i.e.
>No bagel rapture
>>
The entire summer they were shooting here in town it rained every day for about a month and a half.

How they managed to make central Texas not look completely water-logged flooded over is a fucking mystery I'm letting be.
>>
>>63377406
>did they explain why the nig in the OP impregnated all those women?
You really need an explanation why a man would want to inseminate sweet asian teen pussy?
>>
>>63385040
totally agreed. I liked the overwhelming hopelessness of S1. S2 is excellent and better suited for a wide audience but S1 deserves some respect.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.