[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left is US release, right is Chinese release. Notice any differences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1449319504409.jpg (115 KB, 640x465) Image search: [Google]
1449319504409.jpg
115 KB, 640x465
Left is US release, right is Chinese release.

Notice any differences?
>>
>>63373279
Where the fuck is Chewy?

Typical China they must have ate him.
>>
>>63373279
> they made that faggy robot bigger than the nigger heh..

>completely erased Chewie.

Fuck you China.
>>
>>63373279

Han Solo is getting a blowjob
>>
>>63373279
>removing spics

They certainly know about walls
>>
>>63373279
>Shrinking the black guys
>Removing Chewie

What's China's problem?
>>
right is RAAAAAACIIIIIISSSSTT
>>
>>63373279
Regardless, I like the Chinese one better. Kylo Ren being front on works better overall
>>
every single fucking day some glowstick wars clickbait story garbage.
>>
>>63373446
Someone doesn't know what clickbait means
>>
>>63373486
>type news into google.
>hurr leai didnt know she was pretty in the sandslave outfit click for the story
>>
>>63373279
i like how they didn't even bother to redo the lighting on the star destroyers or whatever those are behind the falcon on the right. just cut-and-paste those suckers. fuck china.
>>
Do they ever re-cut movies for international releases?
>>
>>63373279
>china has more people
>therefore add more soldiers

kek
>>
>>63373279
Yeah, they got rid of the best actor
>>
>>63373563
Of course. China has all kinds of retarded rules on what's prohibited from appearing in movies (anything to do with time travel and/or altering history, anything to do with school-age kids daydreaming, anything depicting skeletons or the dead rising, etc etc.) and they're a huge market.
>>
/pol/ on right *
>>
Two things stand out to me besides the obvious.
The Bad guy is looking directly at the camera full profile. Second the army of stormtroopers is much larger in the Chinese version. Could it be they are playing on some subconscious Chinese beliefs? Do they see china as the stormtrooper army?
>>
>>63373563
Not all the time, but Hollywood actually alters writing and editing of films beforehand in order to appease China's media censors. For example, Nolan had to fight HARD to keep the stupid Batman-flies-to-China-for-one-scene setpiece in TDK because there was pressure to drop it altogether or rewrite it to take place in South Korea instead.
>>
Has someone alterted tumblr about this poster? I can already imagine the triggering.
>>
>>63373279
China version screener when? I hope they just remove negro scenes.
>>
>>63374032
Isn't that going to be most of the movie?

Mind you, half the fans would probably go to a movie that was nothing but x-wings, tie fighters and the millennium falcon chasing each other for two hours. It'd be like Mad Max in space.
>>
the chinese poster is an improvement, more details to the background.
only small error is that they removed chewie
>>
The Chinese are colonizing Africa. They've got enough blacks to worry about without some kikes in Hollywood shoving them into their movies. The Chinese can also genuinely say that they have never done ANYTHING to harm Africa or Africans, ever, in the entire history of their country. They're totally guilt free, which means they don't have a BBC quota.
>>
>>63373279
No Chewbacca and no pilot guy whose name I can't remember but I'm sure is a big part of the story. I can't quite tell but orange faced goggles alien seems to be missing as well. OH and Chinese words.
>>
>>63373321
Same on the Japanese poster. Also the Japanese trailer was full of BB-8's bleeps. They just LOVE their robots.
>>
File: asian carp.gif (760 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
asian carp.gif
760 KB, 500x281
>>63373279
>Notice any differences?

I said from the start that it was a mistake to cast a Black guy and Disney should cast an Asian as the co-star instead.

The Asian movie market is huge and getting bigger all the time and Asians are Star Wars and sci-fi fans, while Blacks aren't interested in either and the Black movie market is minuscule.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.