[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I'm not afraid of death. I'm an old physicist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: BRAVONOLAN.jpg (20 KB, 520x346) Image search: [Google]
BRAVONOLAN.jpg
20 KB, 520x346
"I'm not afraid of death. I'm an old physicist. I'm afraid of time."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63373062
He's probably concerned with the ontological meaning of time and its relationship to consciousness that can't be accounted scientifically
>>
>>63373062
That he's not afraid of the dying part of death but is afraid of running out of time to do what he wants to do?

I don't know, there are a bunch of ways to interpret it.
>>
>>63373107
>>63373124
I-I just wanted to make a nolan shitposting thread. I rather enjoyed the movie, even if Nolan continues to be as unimaginitive as he was in inception.
>>
>>63373107
>>63373124
so is he actually a philosopher?
>>
>>63373382
>unimaginitive

That movie was much but not that.
>>
>>63373062
because time and space are intertwined, he does not fear death as the process of dying, but rather death as the cessation of his physical existence, i.e. the end of his time window in this universe.
>>
>>63373418
Maybe that's a bit harsh. I mean in visual design specifically, or maybe I'm used to drug-fueled dreamscapes.

It really applies more to Inception than interstellar - I mean, you have a limitless dream world, and all you can come up with is a rainy city, a city that folds in half, and a japanese castle?
>>
>>63373062
He has Clocko'phobia
>>
>>63373107
it's an eschatology joke
>>
/tv/ is so contrarian that spammy shitposting meme threads actually produce quality posting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.