[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is this movie hated? Is it because it got critical acclaim?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: american-hustle-poster-636-380.jpg (218 KB, 636x941) Image search: [Google]
american-hustle-poster-636-380.jpg
218 KB, 636x941
So why is this movie hated? Is it because it got critical acclaim?
>>
It's a poor mish-mash knockoff of a Tarantino/Scorcese flick with dumb and unlikable characters.
>>
>>63371671
I haven't liked any of David Russel's life since free kings.

fucking hell what am I writing. You know what I mean anyway.
>>
>>63371706
/thread
>>
Probably cause it's boring.
>>
>>63371671
because it was dum
>>
I liked it. Watched it on my bus ride home from Banff...
Yes I was drunk.

Amy Adams is hot as fuck in it
>>
Lol remember when Jennifer Lawrance was overhyped as fuck
>>
Very much, yes. The vitriolic hate that some films get is literally because they get oscar nominated. This activates the chip on the shoulder on hordes of autists and professional haters of things. Doesn't even need to be oscars, actually, any ''too much'' critical or 'awardy' attention and you get 28 days later.
>>
HELLA
>>
>>63371671
It felt like the movie was casted and then written.
>>
part of it is because of the acclaim, but it's honestly a bad movie regardless.

hack director, some hack actors, lifeless screenplay, literally no interesting themes
>>
>>63373130
F*CKING
>>
>>63371794
Accurate post. I hate this place but I can't leave :(
>>
>>63371791
SHe was great in Silver Linings Playbook.
>>
>>63371706
And not "dumb and unlikeable" in the good Coen-y way, either.
>>
>>63371706
Fucking this.
>>
File: c6NLj.jpg (84 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
c6NLj.jpg
84 KB, 720x480
>>63371794
professional hating is a way of life.

...Now if you'll excuse me...
>>
>>63373263
Yes, she was. Fantastic and charismatic work there. And Winter's Bone, of curse. But memers can only deal in memes, so they can't see it.
>>
>>63373221
>tfw reddit is taking over /tv/ just like muslims taking over the world
>>
>>63371671
I know I'm in the minority on this board when I say I really like David O Russel movies. Not all of them; but The Fighter, I Heart Huckabees, American Hustle, and Silver Linings Playbook are all pretty good.
>>
>>63371706
That's a lot of attitude and hot opinions for someone who
>scorcese

That's the level of /tv/ 'critics'
>>
>>63371671
Funny that they shopped all of Lawrence's chest moles away.
>>
>>63373329
I feel you, brother. I find that our class gets very little respect, even though we are a vital part of the board culture. HATERS, UNITE!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.