[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Sam the real hero of the books and movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Samwise2.jpg (11 KB, 277x210) Image search: [Google]
Samwise2.jpg
11 KB, 277x210
Was Sam the real hero of the books and movies?
>>
>>63371170

I wouldn't say he's THE hero, but he was a hero.
He saw through Gollum's ruse, and Frodo would have definitely died without him.
>>
>>63371170

The whole Fellowship we're the heroes in their own way. This is what makes the story so great. But Samwise has always been underrated. Frodo wouldn't have got anywhere near Mount Doom without him, yet if Sam had inherited the ring he wouldn't have had the strength to resist it's power.
Essentially, everyone needed each other to bring down Sauron.
>>
PO
TAY
>>
the real hero is Eru Iluvatar who made Gollum trip up and drop the ring in the lava

which begs the question why didn't he just teleport the ring into the lava from the start
>>
>>63373636
why didn't eru just click his fingers and watch sauron die
>>
>>63373568
Didn't the Ring tempt Sam with visions of all of Middle Earth becoming his personal garden and he resisted it?
>>
Pretty sure Tolkien himself more or less said that Sam was the true hero
>>
>>63373568
Except for Boromir. Boromir was a fucking failure and a faggot.

Killing a couple orcs after being a fuckup doesn't excuse the fact. Orcs pretty much fall dead from anything. Merry and Pippin probably killed more orcs than he did.
>>
>>63371170
Sam and Frodo were half a hero each. Essentially John the Baptist and Christ.
>>
If he was 6'4" he would have soloed the entire movie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.