[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen LORD OF THE RINGS or HARRY POTTER Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: gandalf_dumbledore_xlarge.jpg (21 KB, 335x275) Image search: [Google]
gandalf_dumbledore_xlarge.jpg
21 KB, 335x275
I've never seen LORD OF THE RINGS or HARRY POTTER

Which one should I watch? And don't bother spoiling me, I know the good guys win in the end, they are movies after all.
>>
>>63370660
LotR is(are) the better film(s)
>>
>>63370660
Lord of the Rings for classic masterpiece

Harry Potter for try hard shit

This can be applied to the books as well
>>
>>63370660
Are you a child? Harry Potter.
Are you an adult virgin? Lord of the Rings.
Are you neither? Neither.
>>
just watch both you putz
>>
ive seen the first harry potter and the effects and acting were appalling. also too many children
>>
>>63370685
never liked tolkien, but them movies were pretty boss, I thought back in early 2000s
>>
>>63370710
>also too many children
get out of my /tv/
>>
>>63370735
MALE children

disgusting gay shit
>>
>>63370698
I think it's less embarrassing to be an open Harry Potter fan than LotR. It's got that stigma of being for turbovirigns
>>
>>63370711
They definitely go down in quality

Fellowship of the Ring > Two Towers > First Harry Potter > Return of the King
>>
>>63370773
Yeah, large battles are done with CGI haram, \and 3rd one is very obvious and looks like shit

wouldn't agree with harry potter though, looks even worse, and has even shittier source material

>>63370755
>It's got that stigma of being for turbovirigns
well the other ones got that stigma about selling slashfiction for millions of dollars, so
>>
>>63370847
>ell the other ones got that stigma about selling slashfiction for millions of dollars, so
Yeah, and that's still less embarrassing, and not only because fewer people know what that stuff is.
>>
>>63370847
I think the first Harry Potter was pretty comfy. It didn't have too much CGI
>>
LOTR no doubt. I throw the extended editions on all the time when I'm just farting around doing nothing. Their so immersive that I can just tune in on certain scenes and enjoy it over and over again.
>>
>>63370860
well I didn't watch it since it came out, unlike LotR

>>63370858
you know it is possible to like tolkien and not be a turbovirgin

just because I'm not a virgin and don't like tolkien very much, it doesn't prove anything
>>
Why not watch both?
>>
Dumbledore dies, Snape dies. Gandaff dies and comes back, Boramir dies no one else from the fellowship dies.
>>
Oh shut up it's perfectly normal for twenty somethings to like LOTR and not be a turbo virgins. It's liking Star Wars. it's practically normie tier at this point. The Hobbit made billions for christ sake, everybody saw that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
WHAT IS IT? WHAT DO YOU SMELL?
>>
Grab the extended editions of LOTR
>>
>>63371027
americans got this stigma against books

if you know how to read, you're a communist
>>
>>63370685
How is HP tryhard? Stop using words you don't understand
>>
>>63370710
>too many children
duh, it's kids film

ultra comfy though
>>
>>63371155
need to TRY HARD to make MONIES

commercialized shit vs a man's passion for autistic escapism

I assume that's what he meant
>>
>>63370680
No, they're not. They're horribly paced and fucking boring. They could have easily put all the three movies into one four hours movie but of course they would have made less money this way. The same reason why the last Harry Potter movie(s) are two-parters, or fucking Twilight. And guess what, they all have horrible pacing.

Have fun watching someone walking and climbing stairs for several minutes.

Harry Potter is flawed and britbong shit but it's at least more anjoyable than this Peter Hackson cancer.
>>
File: d2Q0E.jpg (15 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
d2Q0E.jpg
15 KB, 447x444
>le meme ROTK is shit muhhh
ROTK is fucking magnificent, so many feelings, epicness and sadness in the end. Best movie ever. FOTR is also very good, has a more middle-earth lore feeling, but don't try to be elitist and say the only FOTR was good and TTT and ROTK were also very good.

PS: can you count to eleven? Eleven oscars.
>>
File: 7597r.jpg (30 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
7597r.jpg
30 KB, 500x332
>>63371855
I feel sorry for you having shit taste. Whether you want or not, it's the best trilogy ever.
Stay mad.
>>
>>63371894
I imagine you sitting in front of your TV being all like "WOW, look at those stairs this half-elf just climbs for two minutes, so epic, so deep." You're the one who has shittaste and you were probably even dumb enough to go to the cinema and pay for all three movies. Then again, you were probably 6 when they came out.
>>
>>63370660
gandalfs crusty asshole.
>>
>>63372240
Little older than that, and you seem like you are dumb as hell. Feel sorry for your parents.
>>
File: rotk academy awards.png (45 KB, 1088x352) Image search: [Google]
rotk academy awards.png
45 KB, 1088x352
>ROTK is a bad film

Only if you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>63374521
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lord_of_the_rings_the_return_of_the_king/?search=return%20of%20the%20king
95% tomatometer
86% audience

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/
8.9/10 audience
94/100 metascore

>muuuh shit movie
>>
>>63370755
>LotR
>being anything but normie-tier

it is and has been college girl core since it released

colbert gets totally epic nerd points for being le LotR nerd

you'd have to bring up Silmarillion to make normans uncomfortable about LotR
>>
>>63370660
Here is the official tier list for popular book-based normie films.

Lord of the Rings > Harry Potter >>> Twilight = Hunger Games
>>
>>63371855
You have got to be either brain damaged or a complete retard if you unironically believe HP to be better than LoTR.
>>
>>63374577
Dude, you are dumb, for real.
It's a well known fact that tumblristas prefer Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings.

One doesn't even have females speak to each other, the other was written by a woman.
>>
>>63374665
Landwhales on tumblr are hardly normies
>>
>>63374577
This, the moment women started getting interested in LotR because of muh Bloom and muh Viggo Mortensen it became normie-tier.
>>
>>63374705
College girls = 90% of tumblr
>>
>>63374753
All college girls aren't normies. The rainbow haired landwhale ones who read Harry Potter and go to gender studies for example are not
>>
>>63372240
The entire point of the lotr movies is to put middle earth on screen. I would actually want 3 hours of climbing mountains just to see how beautiful it all is.
>>
>>63370685
Harry Potter films aren't tryhard shit, they're just plain old shit.
>>
>>63374820
I can assure you that the modern college girl prefers Rowling to Tolkein.
>>
>know many college girls
>all have seen HP
>not all have seen LOTR
>Those who have seen both, prefer HP
LOTR is a man's book, you got 3 female characters and 20 male, and it's adventure, war, brotherhood... come on.
>>
>>63370961
this

saging this thread with no more replies
>>
I love fantasy, I aint sitting through Lord of the Rings if you fucking paid me, 3 hours of that shit 3 times? What an absolute joke.

I should read the books though, but the movie? not a freaking hope
>>
>>63371855
This is either bait or you're actually a mongoloid.
>>
>>63370660
Watch LOTR to feel elated.

Watch "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and fap to Emma Watson (it also happens to be the most entertaining HP movie).

Watch "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and fap to Evanna Lynch (skip every scene which she's not in though)
>>
File: 1449276193860.jpg (43 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1449276193860.jpg
43 KB, 530x600
>all these pleb opinions

Holy fucking shit am I on reddit or what

Watch both series
>>
>>63375180
Why? who wants to spend hours of their time on this tripe when you can just read the book and get a much better piece of art...

These movies are a snooze fest
>>
>>63375087
>judging a movie without seeing it
Opinion discarded.
>>
I hope this is a troll thread.

If it isn't, i'm actually very jelly of OP.
Imagine watching LoTR for the first time again!

I don't enjoy HP movies though. Only watched the first 2 or 3 and i kept skipping most of it. Just liked some of the CGI.

Go watch the extended versions of LoTR and be done with it.
Don't watch the Hobbit.
>>
Fellowship>Rotk>Two Towers
>>
Both enjoyable to be fair. Harry Potter is much more uneven and has some serious atmosphere/vibe changes throughout.

Lord of the Rings is much better. I'd watch Extended Fellowship, regular Towers and Return unless you really want to kill an extra 2 hours.

I honestly think that Harry Potter has some very good films and some very bad ones, but can't remember which is which. I think I found 3 and 7 quite boring, but I'm not 100%. They're all essential viewing though.
>>
>>63370660
Don't watch harry potter, is shit.
>>
>>63375194
>Watch "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and fap to Evanna Lynch (skip every scene which she's not in though)

Not even necessary to watch the movie. Just watch this interview (starts at the 1 minute mark):
https://youtu.be/hMudc9NrvME
>>
>>63375087
>>63375087
I don't understand your argument. You claim to love fantasy and LotR is the best fantasy movie ever made and arguably the the best if not at least the most influental fantasy book ever written. So you should be raving at the prospect of getting over 10 hours of that, yet you point this out as a flaw.
So... Are you retarded?
>>
>>63371855
Only plebs say
>horribly paced and fucking boring
>>
HP for the waifus, LOTR for everything else.
>>
>>63370660
Harry Potter is just a waste of time ATM. Was fun when you got a movie once a year.

Lord of the Rings is a must watch, then you have to watch 20 hours of documentaries found on the EE edition.
>>
File: checkemfaggot.gif (2 MB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
checkemfaggot.gif
2 MB, 300x242
Why not both? Also check em
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.