[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rewatching this series, I realize now how fucking silly it is.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: breaking-bad[1].jpg (337 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
breaking-bad[1].jpg
337 KB, 1600x900
Rewatching this series, I realize now how fucking silly it is.

I can't help but laugh at all the 'serious' parts.

What a dumb show.
>>
>>63365709
Nobody cares
>>
>>63365709

No shit sherlock, the whole series is based on a major plothole.
>>
>>63366601

what is it
>>
>>63366630

You seriously can't see it?
>>
>>63366754
America not having a health care system isn't a plot hole.
>>
>>63365709
It's not THAT bad. It's only the best show of 2005+.
>>
>>63366630
Id say the plot hole is the teacher in a public school not having healthcare
>>
>>63366813

Not that, even before that.
>>
>>63365709
I'm sure you also laughed at the scene in the first episode of the sopranos where they drove across an industrial park and beat the shit out of a guy with no repricusions at all.in front of dozens of people
>>
>>63366851
I haven't seen Breaking Bad in a long time so I have no idea what you're talking about then.
I feel like I'd probably share the same opinion as the OP because I know realise how ridiculous the show is.
>>
Breaking Bad is shockingly similar to L O S T.

>relies on cliffhangers to generate hype
>writers had an idea for the first two seasons then go way off out of pocket
>isn't half as good now as it was the first time we watched it

breaking bad has shit for character development though
>>
>>63366601
I like how you nor anyone else has elaborated on this yet good job
>>
>>63366957
The Sopranos is the most overrated shit on this board. Doesn't mean it isn't great tho.
>>
>>63366974

True. Great show in its time, but just doesn't age terribly well. The ridiculous plotlines really fuck each episode. That being said, it has some of the best acting of any 2000's show. Cranston and Paul really made some incredibly memorable moments together, and comparing the show to Lost really does it a disservice. It deserves the accolades its received, especially for doing what it did on basic cable, but Sopranos/Wire still reigns supreme as endlessly based/rewatchable television.
>>
>>63365709

Eh, I still enjoy it. It's certainly no Shield or Sopranos, though. If you ask me, what often carries BB into that realm is the performance of Bryan Cranston. I think we can all agree he really knocked it out of the park.
>>
>>63367096

memes aside, he absolutely did.
>>
>>63367007

Finally, after several replies, congrats anon, is it really this hard to see?
Genious nobel awarded chemist can't find a good job for some reason, I mean he could at least find a job in college.
It's like if Schumacher left Ferrari on the peak of his career and for some reason nobody wanted to hire him, so he went and became an instructor at the local driving school
>>
>>63367041
>comparing the show to Lost really does it a disservice
not true at all. i like both shows and didn't really mean the comment as a jab. Lost was great and even though BrBa does have far better acting Lost has great "filler" and character episodes. Lost should not be dismissed just because it went to shit in the final seasons.
>>
>>63367267
You missed the entire point of the show about pride being the whole reason he didn't do exactly that. he probably went into teaching telling himself its s more noble profession,
>>
File: 4A5M0XG.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
4A5M0XG.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
>>63367365
>teaching
>noble profession

top kek, maybe higher education, but high school teacher being a noble professional is laughable
>>
>>63367320

Maybe not dismissed, but I wonder if you aren't biased. It was a very engaging show, but it was also a product of a changing television environment. I consider Lost to be the last vestige of 90s cable thrillers. BB represents a shift to the new standard of cable/online convergence. I don't think it's fair to compare the two because they simply exist in different worlds, and filler/character episodes simply aren't that important anymore. You could argue The Walking Dead invalidates that, but my retarded sister loves that show and indicates to me that only the bottom dregs of society are keeping it going. When talking about actual taste, we simply have to discard failed shows, despite the fact that there were interesting characters and solid primary seasons. We either look at television shows as a cohesive unit, comprising all seasons/moments, or we simply have no real way of evaluating their importance. Lost fails in this regard.
>>
>>63367421

Don't forget he also washes his student's cars
>>
>>63367267

Nobel? He wasn't a nobel winner you literal sperglord. He was some guy who helped found a startup that expanded exponentially only after he left.
>>
>>63367516

He was part of a Nobel awarded team, you senile fuck.
>>
BrBa was patrician as fuck for the first four seasons, it wasn't until season 5 where they bought into the popularity and the entire show became a series of escalating attempts to one-up itself from the last epic setpiece that it got stupid
>>
>>63367516
>>63367562
I don't remember if he won a Nobel prize but it's clear throughout the series that Walt is a world-class chemist and easily could have gotten a job in his field if he wanted to

Hell the only thing keeping him from getting his job back at Grey Matter was his own pride, if he had gone back and made amends with Gretchen and Eliot they would have welcomed him back with open arms
>>
>>63367601
But that's the point, he was mad as fuck that his old friends left him behind so he decided that he could do it without them. It's a story about Walts pride, but you're right it's strange how he ended up in a high school teaching the easiest shit ever.. I guess life does that some times though, it is believable..
>>
File: nbel.png (172 KB, 364x470) Image search: [Google]
nbel.png
172 KB, 364x470
>>63367516
>>63367601
>>
>>63365709
It's black comedy, so yeah.
>>63366974
Every television series ever relies on cliffhangers and improvisational writing because their survival depends on viewership.
>>63367267
He decided not to stick with Gray Matter because he wanted to start a family, and then later on in his life he regretted it and became bitter and cruel toward the people who succeeded where he wanted to succeed because he's an arrogant piece of shit. Your complaint has entirely to do with character, not plot, so you haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about. I love watching people who try to say Breaking Bad isn't a great show spiral out of control.
>>
>>63367693

>contributed to research

Yeah, I'm sure that set the chemistry world on fire. I can't imagine why the Ivy League wasn't knocking down his door.
>>
>>63367700
>He decided not to stick with Gray Matter because he wanted to start a family, and then later on in his life he regretted it and became bitter and cruel toward the people who succeeded where he wanted to succeed because he's an arrogant piece of shit.

It's actually even more petty than that. Walt got upset that Gretchen came from a wealthy family and thought her parents were looking down on him, so he broke up with her, and when she started banging Eliot he got pissy and quit
>>
>>63367700

Why is everybody so hung up on gray matter, did I mention anywhere in my post gray matter, I was talking about why he didn't find a job in some other company/college, a chemist is not a niche proffesion for fuck sake
>>
>>63367776
Walt dodged a bullet there, people who come from wealthy families are such cunts 8)
>>
>>63367786
Because he chose to raise a family instead of focusing on a career that would have likely taken up all his time. Listen to my words, man.
>>
>>63367809

So doing two shitty jobs rather than one good one gives you more time for family, also it doesn't help that they were argouing over lack of money for the entire first season.
>>
>>63367736
Holy fuck anon, stop being retarded.
>>
>>63367926

Go out to the curb, find a trash can, and then climb inside of it because that is where you live from now on.
>>
DUDE
CRYSTAL
LMAO
>>
>>63367988
Fuck you, Penn.
>>
Nuh uh, the blue drugz and cliffhangers get more epic each time you watch!!
>>
>>63367875
Dude, he got a degree from CIT, not necessarily the best school around, and it's not even specified whether or not he got a degree. The research he did with Elliot was while he was still in school. You don't know what the whole 15-year period of his life after that and before the show's beginning was like. Shit gets out of hand sometimes. Walt's is too proud. He wouldn't work with Gale, probably the only chemist within 100 miles that came close to him in terms of knowledge of x-ray crystallography, just because he couldn't order him around like he could Jesse. You think he wouldn't sabotage himself in other areas too, like job opportunities?
>>
>>63368000
Nice trips
Also I found it retarded when that Mexican chemist apparently didn't know his shit needded to be clean before cooking, like that's the first thing you learn in chemistry
>>
Never seen the show but I had a dream I was watching the series and every episode had a very violent scene where Walter would mutilate someone's face and murder them while the screen turned red with a close up on the victim and him just destroying their head and shit. Bloody skulls and whatnot with just loud clipping audio of them screaming. I tried to close my eyes during these scenes and wondered to myself how Reddit could like this show.
>>
>>63368125
that's literally the show
>>
File: Bravo.jpg (736 KB, 2048x1369) Image search: [Google]
Bravo.jpg
736 KB, 2048x1369
>Jack is the final enemy as opposed to Hank or Jesse
>"I am the Danger" scene felt so unrealistic than it should have been
>The finale was caused because some dad was standing in the middle of Jesse and Walt.
>Jesse is treated as a victim than he really shouldn't be
>Walt acts like a little bitch to Gus in season 4. Though i think this was intended.
>IWillKillYourInfantDaughter

Other than those small flaws, its still a pretty great show.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.