[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was pretty good. What did you guys think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Inherent-Vice-1-1940x1093.png (2 MB, 1940x1093) Image search: [Google]
Inherent-Vice-1-1940x1093.png
2 MB, 1940x1093
This was pretty good. What did you guys think of it?
>>
>>63364908
Loved it
>>
>>63364908
One of my favorites for a while.

Haven't seen it in some time. Probably time for a rewatch.
>>
File: Big-Lebowski-poster.jpg (601 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Big-Lebowski-poster.jpg
601 KB, 1000x1500
The original was much better.
>>
>>63364975
>every junkie movie is big lebowski
>>
It was good for what it was. Pretty sure PTA thought the same thing filming it; knowing that it would polarize wide audiences considering the ensemble.

Fat nipples/10
>>
>>63364908
Pretty solid on its own, but it didn't really capture the Pynchon tone at all.
>>
>>63364990
No, just the ones with pot smoking slacker protagonists who solve mysteries.
>>
I liked it. Wasn't an amazing movie, felt its length sometimes, but I'll be fucked if it wasn't memorable.
If nothing else, the Katherine Waterson spanking scene gave me wood and Martin Short was hilarious.
>>
>>63365079
if jessica jones smoked weed would it be a big lebowski series with a female protag?
>>
>>63365079
You mean like Scooby-Doo?
>>
>>63365253
Maybe if she was also a slacker.
>>
>>63365079
>he can't think about a movie's plot elements without immediately compartmentalizing and dismissing them
>>
>>63365694
Yeah well it's hard to think about plot elements when a movie has 3 different plots and does a shit job of explaining all of them.
Why would you even put a narrator in a movie if she's mostly just going to say a bunch of vague bullshit that doesn't help the audience?
>>
>>63365817
because it makes the movie feel more like the book and people will complain less
>>
some cool visuals, worth watchin'
joaquin is my husbando
>>
>>63365817
I felt like that all helped you put yourself in Doc's place. Kept you bewildered, like he always was. Sounds dumb now that I'm reading it, but it worked when I watched the movie,
My only point was that a slacker, stoner character doesn't necessarily indicate that Anderson robbed the Coens.
>>
>>63365860
Well they should have done it more like Lord of the Rings where they remain fairly faithful to the book but still adapt things to make it work better as a movie.
>>
It was shit. Hard to follow and all over the place.

The master was 1000x better
>>
>>63365965
Better than when they force characters to talk so we know what theyr're thinking even when they're alone and the dialogue feels out of place
>>
>>63365897
He might not have intentionally ripped them off but the characters are still very similar and the Coen brother version is more coherent and has a lot less fat on it.
>>
>>63366032
You can always use visual story telling.
>>
>>63366049
Nah, I agree. I enjoyed Lebowski much more, only saying that it wasn't plagiarism. Just a drunk autist nitpicking. Have a good night.
>>
>>63364908

was worth the one watch but pretty much just visuals and frustration if you didn't have the book as reference
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.