[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When asked about scientific inaccuracies in his film Interstellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: christopher-nolan.jpg (93 KB, 950x631) Image search: [Google]
christopher-nolan.jpg
93 KB, 950x631
>When asked about scientific inaccuracies in his film Interstellar in a recent New York Times interview with Joey Boots, Nolan replied: "I have an IQ if 136. I can absorb the world as I see it. I did everything. They just completed my vision"
What did he mean by this?
>>
what inaccuracy

there was a time paradox about the gravitation anomaly that that's not really inaccuracy
>>
>>63364697
there weren't any inaccuracies
>>
The most inaccurate part of the movie were the fucking huge waves on that slow planet. There was no reason for them to exist at all
>>
>>63364697
>it's an interstellar inaccuracies thread
Oh jeez I thought these went away months ago
>>
>>63365714

>moon causes tides due to gravity
>huge gravitational pull from black hole causes large tides

It's actually accurate.
>>
It was the best hard sci fi film of the past decade.
>>
>>63364697

>scientifically accurate

>a planet exists where the difference between orbital passage of time and that on surface is different by a factor of 100

>a dinky shuttle can apparently travel to Jupiter, then to another galaxy through a wormhole and enter and exit the atmosphere of multiple planets and then enter a black hole too

>using morse code to convey complex formulas necessary to "beat gravity"

>it's more viable to leave Earth and create new habitats in orbit and on other planets than to create closed habitats on Earth

I mean really.
>>
>>63365714

A ocean on a terraformed moon would literally look like that, like, literally.

Also Neil deGrasse Tyson said it makes complete sense in the movie.
>>
>>63365714
What about how the spacecraft can land and take off from the water planet by itself, but needed to be launched into orbit with a rocket on Earth?
>>
>>63365922

Yeah, I mean, Mars is right there, they should have maked up a excuse to not go there
>>
the ending really confused me. So they got the theory of everything and solved the crisis, but how? did they plant crops on these alternative worlds? if so, why is it that they suggest Anne hathaway is still alone in the separate galaxy?
>>
>>63365791
>>63365928
No, no it wouldn't

a black hole would case the water to make a bulge closer to it, cause some tiny-ass waves. They would be smaller than earths normal waves

Also the frozen clouds were pants-on-head retarded
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.