[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone seen this!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: last-kingdom-thumb.png (774 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
last-kingdom-thumb.png
774 KB, 1024x576
Why isnt anyone talking about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5_7KpFtrI

Just finished watching this and what an amazing fucking show! I was really surprised that I've never seen a thread for it and only kind of bumped into it by accident. For a show that moves around so much they do a great job fleshing out the world and characters.

Somehow the BBC made this show without the typical SJW interference with casting or "girl power" bullshit like what got shoehorned into Vikings. If not even more historically accurate, far more accurate portrayals of how people acted and thought about the world.

For the first time in a long time, I think this is actually the best show that nobody knows about.
>>
It's good. It has moments of brilliance. I think the guy who plays Alfred is doing a really good job, and I really liked the battle of Edington in the season finale, however short it was. I think the short-haired girl that was introduced in the last couple episodes is top qt.

But the series is severely hampered by how much of a dipshit the MC is, goddamn.
>>
>>63364131
I dont see how Uthred is a dipshit at all. His character might be pig-headed and stubborn but he's playing the character to a hilt.

The short haired nun was cute yeah and thats what I'm talking about they just kind of bump into her and shes suddenly part of the show but it doesn't feel forced.
>>
File: Rome pullo vorenus.jpg (52 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Rome pullo vorenus.jpg
52 KB, 506x316
>>63364131
and Alfred is being played very well even though I kind of hate him for being a vicious manipulative bastard; thats what makes him a good king.

I loved the brofest between Uthred and Leofric the commander. I havent seen a friendship like that since Rome
>>
File: 960.jpg (101 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
101 KB, 960x540
Think it's good now? Wait till you read the books.
>>
>>63363974
Explain to me why the Danes speak the same language as the English and I'll finish episode 1 and the rest of the series.
>>
File: bottoms up cocksucker.jpg (78 KB, 700x486) Image search: [Google]
bottoms up cocksucker.jpg
78 KB, 700x486
>>63365056
if that's really what kept you from watching it, you should probably just kill yourself now.
>>
>>63365500
It's a massive fucking issue because it's completely unrealistic. Also, the acting and dialogue was terrible.
>>
>>63365614
I think you're missing the forest through the trees.

The dialogue was great...you didn't even watch it remember.

A good story does not hinge on linguistic masturbation. The Danes had been in England for a hundred years occupying the land. Why wreck yourself on semantics?
>>
>>63363974
I can never tell if I'm being trolled by these threads. This looks worse than Vikings, which is shit.
>>
File: you are hopeless.gif (765 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
you are hopeless.gif
765 KB, 500x281
>>63365997
Maybe you should just stick to LotR.
>>
>>63363974

Was that guy in your picture also in LOTR? Eomer, right?
>>
if i like game of thrones, would i like this show
>>
>>63366303
yes
>>
>>63363974
Its a really good show. My only complaint is at times things felt rushed as they had to cover alot of ground in only 8 episodes.
>>
>>63366386
ok i'll give it a watch then
>>
>>63363974
But I love the adventures of Dumbass, Son of Dumbass.
>>
>>63366864
just because you're a nigger doesn't mean you have to hate on other people just because they have fathers.
>>
season 2 fucking when
>>
>>63367061
>Implying it's not endearing
>Implying you don't go "No. Don't do it dumbass!" whenever he's about to shoot himself in the foot politically
>>
>>63367090

This. I really hope it wasn't just a miniseries.
>>
File: 1429868316486.png (197 KB, 608x531) Image search: [Google]
1429868316486.png
197 KB, 608x531
The last episode was pretty damn good
>Uhtred jumping over the Danish shield wall and fucking like 10 dudes up
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeet
>>
>>63363974
This show is great cannot wait for the next season unlike Vikings where it seems like Ragnar is just going to be buttblasted the whole time because someone killed his favorite christkek fuccboi.
>>
>>63367415
>the tumblr crowd gets ahold of the Vikings writers and make them alter it so that Ragnar is gay and was in love with Athelstan
>>
The actor who plays Alfred is surprisingly good, yet I've never seen in him anything before now.
>>
>>63364800
>Wait till you read the books.
That got me wondering, how much of the first season covered the books? And is there a decent chance of this getting a second season?
>>
>>63367148
you and I may easily see the error in some of his behaviors but he has been raised as a Dane and his perception of the world is colored by that. Take for example him running off to see his son and wife after defeating Ubba instead of going directly to the king to claim his glory (I'm still not 100% sure a guy like him would have done that anyway). He loves his wife and still hasn't seen his firstborn child and he assumes that the Saxons will honor his victory the same way that the Danes would.

He is a [stranger in a strange land] and he plays the trope well.
>>
>>63365056
It's a fantasy novel, it's not real.
>>
>>63368356
>>63364800
books?

well, shit I'll have to get me some of them. I really hope they get a second series. Tho I'm gonna miss dat qt shadow queen.
>>
>>63368305
I thought the child actor in the first ep was pretty good. Surprising.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.