[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, did he survive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
so, did he survive?
>>
The audience got well and truely memed either way. Fuck this reddit shit.

I decided I'd had enough and went to get my money back around the time Edward Norton was literally wearing a fedora and talking about "le art of honest acting" and insulting capeshit. At least those films entertain people.
>>
No, he killed himself on stage
>>
>>63356891
Lol that never happened
>>
Seems fucking stupid how they never even explained how he suddenly got his powers.
>>
>>63356943
He was a superhero did you even watch the film
>>
>>63356943
yeah, it just seemed like a really drawn out origin film and he never even did anything

hope the sequel is better
>>
File: tryingtoohard.png (132 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
tryingtoohard.png
132 KB, 680x680
>>63356891
>>
>>63356943
Got powers? You stupid? That was all in his head that he believed he had powers.
>>
doesn't matter
>>
>>63357222
Fuck off Alexander G. Inarritu, or start making movies with a proper ending
>>
>>63357222
Trips of truth.
>>
REDDIT movie
>>
File: putin.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
putin.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>63356943
>>63357146
>>
>>63357166
>hurr it was all a dream
what the fuck makes you think that. He kills that guy and flys. Do you think Goodfellas was all a dream too?
>>
no, psychotic break upon seeing batman squished
>>
File: 0933 - AY3cYwm.jpg (30 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
0933 - AY3cYwm.jpg
30 KB, 400x388
>>63356820
>>
>>63357341
Did i say it was a dream? I said he was imagining the powers, like hallucinating... He believes he is flying but in fact he took the taxi. check the movie again.
>>
>>63357460
do you think peter parker was just imagining he was web swinging?
>>
Birdman=psychosis
Emma=boderline
Norton=Narcissism
Blond Actress= Neurotic
Critic=sociopath

Ye or ne?
>>
>>63357457
Kekekek
>>
>>63357517
oh jesus christ, when he arrived at the theater, he gets inside, believed he was flying, while nobody looked at him, because HE WAS SUPPOSE to be flying, and then the taxi driver goes inside and demands that he gets payed since he left the taxi without paying.
Are you playing dumb or what?
>>
File: 1423239594411.jpg (107 KB, 700x798) Image search: [Google]
1423239594411.jpg
107 KB, 700x798
>>63356820
>>63357457
>>
>>63356820
Nobody knows. Even the scriptwriters, when asked about the ending, admitted they weren't sure what they were saying. Which is shit writing. You can leave an ending thematically ambiguous and say it's up to the viewer, but not having your own personal belief for what the ending means is a cop-out and a cheat. Genuinely pretentious in the true sense of the world, in that they mish-mashed a load of ambiguous images and vague dialogue together to give the impression of a profound and meaningful ending when in fact they were just trying to look smarter than they were and had no idea how to end the movie. Really frustrated me as I thought that for the most part, up until that epilogue scene, it totally deserved Best Picture.
>>
>>63357830
Let's just headcannon that he shot himself dead.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-19-01-00.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-19-01-00.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>63357698
Bro you got baited so hard
>>
>>63357830
>You can leave an ending thematically ambiguous and say it's up to the viewer, but not having your own personal belief for what the ending means is a cop-out and a cheat

lmao
fuck off autist
>>
>>63357948
>say stupid things
>b8
Some people are genuinely stupid
>>
>>63356820
It's an ambiguous ending for the sake of having an ambiguous ending. Some people like that, me personally like a straight-forward narrative so I hated it. Still doesn't take away from it being one of the best movies of last year.
>>
if i knew what a low bar it is to write a movie, i would have become a writer.

for sure i could write for any sitcom (anyone here could).

better than billing hours for a law firm. would have just changed last name to something sounding mildly jewish
>>
>>63358276
you would have become a writer if you could actually write

alas you are just a shitposting autist
>>
>>63358152

The ending itself isn't ambiguous at all. It was only happening in his head, at least the part about jumping out the window and being seen flying by his daughter.

The only ambiguous thing is where the ending was taking place. Was it a fantasy of his, as he was lying there in the hospital bed, or was this some kind of last thought/light at the end of the tunnel-thing before/as he was dying on the stage? The question is mostly begged by the very simple visual cue of him shooting his nose off, despite not aiming anywhere near it.

The ending is quite straight forward - it's just a metaphor for him finally being free of his old ties (dude shot the beak off lmao) and soaring in the eyes of his daughter.
>>
>>63358349
>alas you are just a shitposting autist

exactly. the bar is so low; if you have been a reasonable successful shitposter, you could have written for any moderately successful sitcom; or most movies.

85% is not that creative.

my friend (jewish) graduated and went to disney and wrote for a bit.

shit's not that hard
>>
>>63358415
she was so hipster , she wasn't happy with her dad until he was edgy enough to shoot himself on state and then jump out of a window
>>
>>63358425
again, if you could actually write you would be a writer already. your obsession with jews is also fucking hilarious
>>
>>63358519

desu even hitler could write a book

especially about jews
>>
>>63358561
why haven't you written a book then
>>
>>63358519
>again, if you could actually write you would be a writer already.

I appreciate your shitposting, but you actually can't tell from your vantage point. it's really about risk of career shift.
>>
>>63358626
do you actually think you have to get your script or novel read

are you stupid
>>
>>63358519
>if you could actually write you would be a writer
Not that anon but, No.
If you can actually write. And you have the willpower to sit down and write three original screenplays and then the influence to get it read.

You can be a writer.

It isn't "if you have talent you get seen" it's "if you have time and work hard you get seen"

Loads of people have talent, chances are if you've noticed it, it might define a path down your life, but it means fuck all to wether you get a job or not.

>>63358425
>my friend (jewish) graduated and went to disney and wrote for a bit.
>shit's not that hard

Lemme guess, she was a graduate student who picked up an internship/placement.

TV-writing =/= screenwriting.

It's a different ballgame.
>>
>>63358684
>do you actually think you have to quit your job to get your script or novel read
too drunk
>>
>>63358684
>do you actually think you have to get your script or novel read
>are you stupid

dats how you pay da billz broski.

You can't be a writer if you've starved to death.
>>
>>63356820
what emotion is this face trying to portray?
>>
>>63358455

She had a point, though. Birdman obsessed about being relevant and being taken seriously again to distance himself from only being Birdman.

He was doing this by producing and leading a stage production from a Raymond Fucking Carver story of all things. Nobody but a bunch of old ass rich people and edgelord theater critics would give a shit about that.
>>
>>63356820
he had superpowers the whole movie and was refraining from using them
once he found out he succeeded as an actor he realized he was free from his superhero persona and also his need to be taken seriously as an actor, now he can enjoy himself without having to feel like he has to live up to anything else.
>>
>>63358717
No.

But you have to invest several months of your lifetime into a piece of work that has to be mildly execeptional with no risk of getting it made, as well as more example scripts to prove you're just a one-script writer.

No one wants to promote a crappy script if it's from a nobody.
>>
>>63358684
>>63358717

oh i didnt realize you were drunk. if you're in houston you should come over and we'll sit in the hot tub and write some scripts
>>
>>63357698
the taxi driver doesn't specifically go after him though, it being a hallucination was the obvious conclusion based on the coincedence of the taxi driver walking into the building after someone not paying him.
>>
>>63358843
most of my scripts star brad pitt. unless he's playing the part, he really doesn't work, and thats really holding back, because these agents can't even seem to see past that issue
>>
>>63358920
Congratulations if you've sold a script then

And yeah, that would hold you back if you're actively trying for brad pitt. It's fine to imagine an actor playing a role if you helps you characterize better. Just don't mention brad pitt at all, if the script is good, just let the film do it's thing. Maybe you'll get the next brad pitt, maybe you'll get the next early career shia lebeouf. Either way it's better to sell it than not.
>>
>>63356820

No. She was high as a fucking Georgia Pine.
>>
Gonna make an amateur guess, it was metaphorical. It was meant to show that Riggan doesn't need Birdman to "fly" anymore, the fact that his daughter saw him is just so that we didn't get a generic ending with the main character flying away like every superhero movie.
>>
>>63356820

What is that thing? I am scared.
>>
It does not matter. If the ending is what you take from the movie just kill yourself you raging pleb
>>
>>63356820
I dont care, the movie was so shit I'm not wasting a single thought on that question. besides it seemed like an inception ending rip off only worse
>>
File: hellocharles.jpg (245 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hellocharles.jpg
245 KB, 1024x768
>>63359780
Jesus... I bet you only watch art house OR capeshit
>>
>>63359120
i've never sold a script. i'm selling hard to these jews but its hard to break in. i have this great script about a jewish deli owner who is a Chanukah serial killer, he is only tracked down by a young jewwith the help of a dying nazi SS agent who terrorized his father in the concentration camps who holds a terrible secret that will shake the grounds of the jewish neghborhood
>>
>>63359902
actually neither, I'm open to everything that entertains or stimulates me in any way.
birdman made me feel like this movie wasn't made for a general audience but industry insiders and the acedemy
>>
>>63359973
Sam Hyde, pls go away.
>>
>>63356820
>Dumb frog poster
>>
>>63356820

I hate her face. She she hide behind her hair like she used to.
>>
>>63359973
Yeah, sounds like a tough sell dude. I'd watch it, but no one wants a nazi protagonist.

Still though, sounds like you've got some interest in your script. Write two more and at the very least one of them should get optioned.

(after all I'm writing the truman show in a saturday morning cartoon)
>>
>>63359780

I get that. And I feel that its made for moviewatchers as well.
>>
ed norton bangs his daughter kek.

he's the only alpha in the movie
>>
>>63356820
he was already dead
>>
>>63360066
i've never written script, i just have a couple ideas.

good for you re truman show
>>
>>63357830
>Even the scriptwriters, when asked about the ending, admitted they weren't sure what they were saying.
Only one of them said so. The movie was written by 4 people.
>>
>>63356820

dumb frogposter
>>
>>63357341
>Being this autistic
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
File: youwiz.jpg (91 KB, 455x479) Image search: [Google]
youwiz.jpg
91 KB, 455x479
>>63356820
No she was fucking high and he fell to his death. Both were retarded. The end.
>>
>>63356820
Overrated garbage. If you want your film to get good reviews then simply have your characters bitch about superhero movies and write a critic into it. Apartritly using the set to cut between screens makes for a great filmmaking.
If they wanted to have an ambiguous ending then they should have ended the film with him standing at the window instead of the artsy bullshit.
>>
>>63360136
He can't get it up.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.