[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST watched S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and it was one of the best movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Andrei_Tarkovsky.jpg (130 KB, 1256x919) Image search: [Google]
Andrei_Tarkovsky.jpg
130 KB, 1256x919
JUST watched S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and it was one of the best movies i ever seen, need more good stuff from this hack
>>
just watch all his stuff desu
>>
watch the rest of tarks stuff

then branch out to tarr, angelopolus, and ceylan as well as bergman, bresson and dreyer
>>
>muh Tark

Bunch of try hards
>>
>>63357079
>one 100% faggot
>>
>>63357079
>try hards
yeah man, i wish people would stop trying so hard to seek out arts they really like, god, why can't they just accept the hollywood dramas we- i-i mean hollywood keeps pumping out. pretentious nerds who only pretend to like watching movies
>>
>>63357079
I'm russian and I don't understand why do people like him
we had a plenty of other, much better directors

it's probably just americans in their early 20s who think that watching movies with subtitles makes them patrician lmao
>>
>>63357206
Tarkovsky is one of the greatest but I wouldnt say he is my personal favorite. Aleksei German in the other hand was to cinema what James Joyce was for literature.
>>
>>63357206
who are some better russian directors which engage with similar themes of family, time, transcendental spirituality, and the natural world? who are the better russian directors who create film in the stream of consciousness style?

i mean there's no question contemporaries like kalatozov and the earlier soviet montage guys like eisenstein had better command of the camera and film form, but tarkovsky covers some pretty special ground.
>>
>>63357054
>dreyer
You almost had it, senpai
>>
>>63355864
>periods between the letters

back to /v/ please
>>
>>63357160
Falling for the bait, cmon son you're better than that.
>>
potty
>>
>>63355864
Mirror is one of the best films I've ever seen, but you have to pay attention. There's a story there, and you can follow it, but it jumps back and forth very often, so it's not the kind of movie you can text during or anything like that. But of course, if you liked Stalker you aren't a pleb who would do that anyway. Also this >>63357619
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.