[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What an absolutely bullshit ending SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!! We watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: landscape_xlarge.jpg (14 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
landscape_xlarge.jpg
14 KB, 270x200
What an absolutely bullshit ending

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

We watched 12 and 2/3s episodes just for Jessica to drop the obvious 'fake out' and snap Kilgrave's neck in the last ten minutes after a small chase through a shopping mall. What a load of shit. This is the first Marvel television series I've watched.

Tennant was absolutely wasted here, I longed for a scene with him, because he acted circles around everyone else bar Carrie Anne Moss.

>Trish trying to put bullets in her head
The actress struggled with that. Awful scene

>Wasting Luke Cage
What was he in? 4 episodes. He should have died too. Jessica hardly lost anything. I couldn't get inveested

>Krysten Ritter
Boring, stiff and I couldn't sympathize with her because the writing wouldn't let me. Plus, her pinched nose and unnaturally filled lips were a distraction, especially when they didn't move much.

>Everyone is coloured bar the evil white men
I'm not butthurt about this, but I did notice that the white men were either Tennant, Simpson the crazy man, emasculated, old or messed up in someway.

What it did right:

>Mis-en-scene
The gritty neo-noir look was some of the best I've seen on television
>Direction and cinematography
>Kilgrave
>The pilot was pretty good

I'd watch a second season, but I felt a bit jewed. There was hardly any payoff. RIP Kilgrave, you were the best thing Marvel has ever done.
>>
BEST SHOW OF 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91fMDLAlNIo

>this dialogue
>this editing
>this cinnamontography
>this acting
>this choreography

BRAVO
>>
>>63354864
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the terrible choreography and cutaways, instead of showing up Jones' power. Kek.
>Marvelkeks will defend this.
>>
>Spend two minutes writing this post
>Nobody replies

JDIMSA
>>
>>63354789
>Trish trying to put bullets in her head

That was pretty retarded. Everything we've seen about Kilgrave's power suggests that she would have forced the bullets into her skull instead of impotently tapping them against her head.
>>
>>63355719
Absolutely, but do you remember the scene? The actress really struggled with it, ending up looking like Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder.
>>
>>63354864
>this is what people think is good nowadays

top fucking kek
>>
File: 1448097328176.jpg (19 KB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
1448097328176.jpg
19 KB, 400x227
>>63354864
>>
>>63357173
Sometimes I watch something like Miami Vice and want to cry when I think of the crap that they televise nowadays. Totally craftless, totally artless by comparison.
>>
>]spoiler[
learn it use it

also i would have been ok if the episode where she tries to turn him good ends with her deciding that's what needs to happen and the rest of the season is people convinced she's under his control and a role reversal where he finds himself compelled to do things he doesn't want to do to please her
Sampson still Sampson's until he confronts her and kilgrave and it happens at the same corner cage's wife was killed
kilgrave has the opportunity to kill samp who still is a red pill crazy Nuke-esque character(could even get the face tatoo at this point)
JJ tells him not to, he lets samp go then decides he's fed up with this not killing dudes who need to die bullshit and walks away
she yell's come back and follows after him
and she get's hit by a bus
>>
File: 1439019516284.gif (2 MB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1439019516284.gif
2 MB, 300x162
>>63354789
>he thinks Killgrave is dead

Cool story OP. Did Killgrave tell you that?
>>
>>63354864
BASED MARVEL IS BASED
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 287x175) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 287x175
>>63354864
>yfw he chucks the table
>>
>>63359897
Is this true? I would like it to be, because like I said, Tennant was the only highlight in all honesty.

>Bad Lieutenant
Nice

>>63359808
I know how to use them, but I thought that SPOILERS AHEAD would be enough. Maybe not though.

Anyway, that would have been a lot more interesting. It's like they built this incredibly world in the first 4/5 episodes and then did nothing with it. It kind of fizzled out. What a shame.

Also, did Simpson die? And is his name Sampson?
>>
File: Untitled.gif (3 MB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
3 MB, 400x360
This show was pure shit if not for David Tennant. I am not even mad that they tried to frustrate us by constantly letting him slip away and making JJ refuse to kill him.

But jesus christ, JJ's ability should be 'open any locks', since breaking them is the only thing she uses her "super" "strength". Besides getting knocked out by a bunch of plebs and getting hit by a car.
>>
My biggest problem with the show is how many times they caught Kilgrave, only for them to find some bullshit reason for him to escape.

The first time, where they drug him and he has a tracking device, was pretty clever.

The episode were they tortured him was great, except his escape at the end seemed a little forced. Why on Earth would anybody make a deal with someone who could go back on it at any time?

Where they really just gave up was when Jessica had him tied up in her apartment, and an angry, totally unrelated mob bursts in and tries to kill her. You could tell the writers had written themselves into a corner, having finished the plot with five episodes to go. Having Jessica get knocked out by a lady with a two by four was stupid.

Also, it was clear to everyone that you needed to hear Kilgrave to be affected by him, so why didn't people just wear earplugs/headphones?
>>
>>63362543
Exactly. I felt like it was great for 4-6 episodes and then it just squandered the world it built. Tennant better be in season 2.
>>
>>63362769
Season 2 is going to be about HGI and the origins of her power, for sure. But maybe this organization can revive people from neck snaps too.
>>
>>63363380
Is that what that Simpson guy was working for? I would like to think, as Tennant was the only interesting person in the show.
>>
File: simpson.png (268 KB, 250x446) Image search: [Google]
simpson.png
268 KB, 250x446
>>63360098
sorry kept thinking he was an ape
Simpson is essentialy a way of setting up a DD villain named Nuke
>>
>>63364089
I haven't seen DD, but I'm keen now, because JJ was a 7/10 (6.5 feels too low), and it sounds like DD is way better.
>>
Obviously it's not a top tier show but for a superhero series I thought it was pretty good. The ending was bad and there were some instances where the logic was iffy but overall I found it more interesting than Daredevil.
>>
>>63364547
It is.
>>
>>63355719
But it was funny, family.
>>
I thought Jessica Jones was just a one series show. Is season 2 actually confirmed?
>>
>>63354789

>We

No.

Also, you and everyone else included in your "we" is a fucking idiot. I hope cancer eats you to the fucking bone.
>>
>>63367479
kek. Hello Reddit, you Marvelkek.
>>
File: 1449108958922.png (36 KB, 362x215) Image search: [Google]
1449108958922.png
36 KB, 362x215
Bad show is bad. People pre-judge the showmasmgood and can't admit when it goes bad after the first few episodes. Or they are too SJW to realize a bad show is pandering to make up for it's bad writing.
>>
File: 1434764499390.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1434764499390.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>63368941
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.