[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people are complaing more about boyega than this lens-flare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
>people are complaing more about boyega than this lens-flare faggot
Seriously, if anyone has a decent chance at ruining star wars its JJ. Keep in mind this is the same guy who thought that casting benidckt cumberbitch as khan and making spock (an emotionless klingon) cry were both good ideas. Boyega is just an actor doing his job. JJ is literal cancer.
>>
jj abrams has made his career out of ripping off all the horrible shit from steven spielberg's bad movies. it's like he watched lost world, minority report and war of the world's on repeat and took notes.
>>
>>63354350
see all the lens flare in the latest BvS trailer?
is it all a dream?
>>
File: 1448775083590.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1448775083590.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>63354350
>spock (an emotionless klingon)
>>
JJ is the one who cast him
>>
the lens flares in star trek were great, the future was so bright u gotta wear shades
>>
Tbh i dont see a problem with the star trek reboot familia. That being said i never watched any previous star trek movie
>>
File: Dr-Pavaleer.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dr-Pavaleer.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>63354350
>emotionless klingon
>>
File: wew.webm (1 MB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
wew.webm
1 MB, 980x551
You know people are saying the white mans getting cu*ked with this, but I think the reality is that both us and Boyega are the ones getting cu*cked

I mean just look
>>
>spiders are the deadliest killers in a galaxy far far away

What did he mean by that ?
>>
>>63355530
heh, daisy is into old dudes
>>
>Alias: overrated shit
>Lost: Abrams didn't even come up with the idea and he wasn't involved in day to day showrunning. Also overrated shit.
>Star Trek: Turned a series that was all about exploring humanity and philosophical concepts into Star Wars
>caved to SJWs and made a woman as the protagonist. Went even further and cast the most groid looking black guy as the love interest of female white protagonist.
>>
nobody is complaining about boyega. Only pol aspies are, and that's just the same five or so neckbeards
>>
File: shot-20151205-1874-1rxuyce.png (491 KB, 1280x2684) Image search: [Google]
shot-20151205-1874-1rxuyce.png
491 KB, 1280x2684
>nonwhite characters won't sell overseas
>2/3rds of the main cast are shitskins

It better do well in North America because it won't sell anywhere else.
>>
>>63357117
>Abrams didn't even come up with the idea

Not even true, anon. I don't like him or Lost, but I know Abrams was asked to write a story about people surviving after a plane crash. He was the one that thought up all the wacky weird purgatory.
>>
>>63354350
I agree to a certain extent, Lucas pretty much ruined Star Wars, Abrams is just going to violate the corpse a little or a lot.
>>
>>63357117
>Turned a series that was all about exploring humanity and philosophical concepts into Star Wars
kek. Star trek was shit, always was shit, and JJ just made it presentable.
>>
>>63354350
this. Are there franchise he did not completely ruined or turned into sterile mediocre movies?
>>
>>63357717
Back to Tumblr with ya
>>
>>63357943
>Take everything earlier and original out because its too boring for new blockbuster audience
>Pander to original audience with superfluous pointless references.
Wow, new SWs are going be so awesome
>>
>>63355530
>>63355938
>boyega catching her eye fucking solo.
>>
>>63358173
i'd watch ford fuck her, i like old guy young girl pairings.
>>
File: 1445617042615.jpg (116 KB, 1024x581) Image search: [Google]
1445617042615.jpg
116 KB, 1024x581
>oy vey make more lens flares and shaky cams so the goyim don't have time to think!
>>
>>63357960
sterile and safe is usually his adaptations. i liked star trek but into darkness was aawful
>>
>>63357778
So basically hiring a black actor is playing it safe because blacks are a larger demographic as a movie goer in USA?
>>
>>63358743
>~60% of profits come from international markets
>african american leads play worse internationally
>spend less on their films because the returns are going to be limited by that fact
>focus money on big event films that play well around the world
>>
>>63358855
What was the point of having a black lead in Star Wars when you are trying to sell this movie globally?
>>
>>63358914
Because Disneyworld is in Florida...

TFA is a toy and themepark movie for Americans.
>>
>>63354350
I don't even care about boyega because I gave up on it after Abrams was announced as director.
>>
>>63354350
JJ is awful
Jew Disney xecs are awful
OogaBoogaboyega will be mediocre to awful
Daisy 'literally the Mask' Ridley will be awful
They'll attempt to make Han a grizzled old veteran rogue, instead of just an old fat fuck, and it'll be awful

The movie will be awful and only Luke and Poe can save it.
>>
>>63358914
feeling good about standing up to WHITE OPPRESSION

worth every dollar in the world
>>
>>63358975
This sounds like a fucking joke.

I don't know if they are stupid or they actually want this money to bomb for insurance fraud.
>>
>>63359126
It is kind of a joke, this whole movie is a mystery to me.

Poe and Luke seem like great light side characters, but usually you watch a movie like this for its villains, something the prequels didn't directly concentrate on. Looks like they're rectifying that now.
>>
In all seriousness are people actually interested of watching Star Wars anymore?

Non-American here, it doesn't seem like that. Women don't seem to be that interested. I asked my friends and they seem not to care because the prequels ruined everything.
>>
>>63354350
Damon Lindeloff was the Queen Macbeth whispering in his ear. With him gone and Lawrence Kasdan co-writing, I have hope that JJ has been reigned in.
>>
>>63359268
a bunch of normies think its hip to like star wars now because its so retro.

its infuriating. i'd rather no one like it than every boy and girl between the age of 5 and 25 liking it simply out of how popular and iconic it is.
>>
Yeah he is a huge sellout. His Star Trek movies had no depth, especially compared to the originals. He is just another sausage-making film director who produces predictable movies and makes billions off of it.

I guess that makes him perfect for Star Wars.
>>
>>63359534
>Vulcan is destroyed
>no death

Nigga, you cray.
>>
>>63359268
In Australia it's got a solid amount of normalfaggots and psuedo-nerds hyped. Also a decent amount of oldfags who saw the original trilogy at the kino are into it. It's gonna make money, it's no use hoping for a bomb.
>>
>>63359427
I'd rather live in the 70s-80s when kids genuinely liked it
>>
>>63359606
well it does have the former cast returning and looks more hopeful than the prequels.

Im not as hyped for it as i was creed, but i pretend to be when im talking to girls, they love that shit. Makes them feel "nerdy"
>>
>>63359268
My sister-in-law likes Star Wars stuff. She's a fan in the uncritical, loves-everything-with-the-brand-on-it sense. She's planning on seeing the new movie as soon as she can.
>>
>>63360032
>being hyped for Rocky: BLACKED
>>
>>63355530
YOU JUST KNOW
>>
>>63354350

Both of those things were good ideas

it made Star Trek interesting. Spock is half human. Him being emotional sometimes is a common theme throughout both films.

You're a dingbat
>>
File: 1449319504409.jpg (98 KB, 640x465) Image search: [Google]
1449319504409.jpg
98 KB, 640x465
>>63358743
america is keked therefore you can get away with a nog lead. pic related
>>
>>63354350
>making spock (an emotionless klingon)

i really do hope that was a genuine mistake
>>
>>63357943
>kek. Star trek was shit, always was shit, and JJ just made it presentable.

Nice meme newfag, could be a good b8 on newfag day or something.
>>
>>63357778
I guess that's why they made Boyega smaller in the chinese poster
>>
>>63354350
why is his hair so weird
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.