[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the things you own end up owning you >we are a generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
>the things you own end up owning you
>we are a generation of men raised by women im wondering if another woman is really the answer we need
>i say never be complete, i say stop being perfect, i say lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may
tfw you realize fight club is one of the greatest patrician films of all times
>>
>great
yeah
>patrician
nah
>>
>>63354127
/thread
>>
>>63354250
>>63354127
This movie was meant for a specific time.
Most kids don't get it.
>>
That is a line written by a gay man...
>>
File: 3636.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
3636.png
490 KB, 449x401
>watching Fight Club more than twice by choice
>>
>>63355994
Being young enough to think your opinion counts.
>>
The author is openly gay, not kidding.
>>
Why were people in the 90's so fucking whiny? Music was grim and gritty and full of self loathing. Goths were at their height and slitting wrists was a hip suicide meme among students. You have movies like fight club where they lament that there's no big war or economic depression.

Was it so fucking hard for them to live in an economic golden age and appreciate all the job opportunities and how cheap things were? Fucking whiny cunts.
>>
File: 4574.jpg (260 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
4574.jpg
260 KB, 1440x900
>I find the themes of David Fincher's Fight Club to be quite enlightening
>>
>>63354105
Congratulations you missed the point completely.
>>
>>63356386
>Why were people in the 90's so fucking whiny?

They weren't.

>Music was grim and gritty and full of self loathing.

You're talking about grunge which was edgelord Gen Xer 80's kids whose relevance faded in a blink after Cobain died

>Goths were at their height and slitting wrists was a hip suicide meme among students.

This wasn't actually happening, just media fear propaganda because good news doesn't sell.

>You have movies like fight club where they lament that there's no big war or economic depression.

Fight Club was the only movie like this which is why edgelords of the era cling so tightly to it.
>>
I actually loved it because the true meaning was that even though Tyler is right about some stuff, in the end it was all bullshit.
>>
>>63356386

I am a retarded and sheltered child - the post.

What's with your shameless need to post your poorly formed opinions and force every one reading to cringe?
>>
>that image
Seriously? Now I have to watch it again?
>>
>>63354105
>thinking tyler was right when half the point of the movie is that he wasnt
Why do you even watch movies if you arent able to comprehend them?
>>
>>63356386
>90's
>economic golden age
maximum kek friend, the US has been a stagnant economic hellscape since the end of the 70s
>>
>>63356603
>he's wrong on one thing therefore he is always wrong
>>
>>63356640

No poorly made infographs with flimsy blogspot citations? I'm disappointed /pol/.
>>
>>63356663
Its pretty obvious though, am I supposed to expect this guy to do differential calculus or something when he cant add 2+2?
>>
>>63356681
>implying /pol/ doesnt think america is #1 (except for the niggers and spics and jews and liberals and etc)
>>
File: td.jpg (92 KB, 808x887) Image search: [Google]
td.jpg
92 KB, 808x887
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W56VO9qkUM

Is he right senpai??
>>
Wait does the split second frame interruptions of Tyler actually happen throughout the film?
>>
It really is amazing, but it was a fluke. The actual book and the guy who wrote it is stupid, but Fincher worked his Fincher magic and made it incredible. Just like Gone Girl.
>>
>>63357634
The book is gold, dickhead.
>>
>>63357442
To paraphrase Winston Churchill, America is the shittiest country in the world except for all the others.
>>
>>63356533

This. That's the M.O. of all cult leaders. Hit you up with some truth to get you hooked, and then you believe the rest of their bullshit.
>>
>>63357905
>implying there arent far better places to live
>>
>>63357594

I think it happens up until they meet on the plane.
>>
File: give europe pls.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1997) Image search: [Google]
give europe pls.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1997
>>63358040
If there are, that time is quickly passing.
>>
>>63357905

Yeah, America 80 years ago perhaps.
>>
testing if I'm banned
>>
>>63358109
You can just go to 4chan.org/banned to check.
>>
>>63357549
you really have to put Tyler's quote in context. "You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying matter as everything else". Tyler wasn't trying to enslave the Narrator or lye (^^) to him. He was incinuating that "nobody is overpowered. nothing is either inferior or superior to everything else. stop making excuses, stop looking for a 'deus ex machina' to save your ass, nothing was, or ever will be, perfect"
>>
>>63358091
sure, if you dont pay any attention to the security state and growing poverty in the US, everything is fine, add to that the growing problems in most of the world (such as the refugee problem in europe that you are >implying) come directly from US actions abroad.
>>
>>63358175
>being such a cvck that the US can JUST fuck up your whole continent from 3000 miles away
>>
>>63358215
>being such an edgelord that you think people can resist military/economic might by force of will or some bullshit
Good luck with that in the real world
>>
>>63358175

America's poor don't know a fucking thing about poverty - to poor in America is to be the luckiest bottom-run asshole on the face of the earth.
>>
>>63358424
first world problems are still problems
>>
>>63358424
given the cost of living in america and the fact that welfare is almost impossible to get on unless you have dependents well no

being poor any were would suck but in america you would be told to get a job but you didnt go to college and are competing with those that have to deliver pizzas
>>
>>63358172
Damn, that was concise & deep.
Maybe I should get off this website.
>>
I'm assuming I'm the only person in this thread that saw Fight Club at the cinema when it was released. I also saw Donnie Darko at the cinema, Starship Troopers, too.

Much like you have no frame of reference to critique art if all you have seen is a picture of the painting, you have no ability to critique cinematic art if you haven't seen it in its intended format.
>>
File: audiophile-loves-music.jpg (23 KB, 402x385) Image search: [Google]
audiophile-loves-music.jpg
23 KB, 402x385
>>63358980
>Has 1000 mp3's and calls himself an audiophile

Edgelord over here hasn't even listened to Elvis in person.
>>
>>63356640
The economy was pretty solid in the 90's.
Only unemployed if you wanted to be.
But you weren't there,kiddo.
This movie was of the moment,not supposed to work today,guys play pokemon and doll themselves up.
They didn't lament not having a war to fight in,just a lack of a definition for there sub generation.
>>
>>63354127
fuck off kiwi mate
>>
>>63358980
Saw fight club in theatre. Empty as hell.
37 yrs old,that's the right age area for that movie,sadly. Had no idea what the movie was about,just wanted to sneak drink in a theatre. Also got my ass kicked a few days prior,kinda made the movie connect with me a bit more.
>>
>>63356405
>2015
>being this fedora
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.