[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo episode 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1448977665533.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1448977665533.png
2 MB, 1366x768
2 more days until the penultimate episode.
What's gonna happen?
>>
I don't know but I'm looking forward to it ending so everyone moves on to the next meme of the month and I don't need to look at Fargo threads any longer.

Breaking Bad level show.
>>
we know the cops gonna sit on his rocking chair all night with a shot gun in sioux falls
>>
>>63353997
Lou and Hank will bring the heat.
https://youtu.be/btSscknViDI
>>
>>63353997
well obviously there will be a set up meeting between Ed and Mike with the cops sitting back waiting to pounce. Then I'm guessing some shit goes down and a big shootout ensues.

Not sure how hanzee will play into this though
>>
>>63354221
I feel like we won't see Hanzee again until the end of the last episode.
>>63354080
Nigger most of us have been watching fargo since last year. You're the cancer here.
>>
Hanzee gets lynched at the end of episode 9 and strung up from a tree
>>
>>63354265
It was the flavor of the month show of last year and it is the flavor of the month show of this year. I look forward to all the discussion drying up immediately again this time around. This will happen because the show has nothing to offer outside of some nice production values and the next cliffhanger. Like I said, Breaking Bad tier show.
>>
>>63354221

Other than killing people from his own gang, we've yet to see Mike do anything significant so I'm hoping he gets a lot of screen time before he bites it. Not sure who else he'll kill though, other than Ed and maybe Hank.
>>
>>63353997
people gonna die
>>
>>63354320
>flavor of the month
>popular for more than a month

?????
>>
>>63354320
I thought that it sort of came full circle in the end and was pretty suprised to see this.
>>
File: mikenhanzee.jpg (136 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
mikenhanzee.jpg
136 KB, 768x1024
There's gonna be a Minority Team-Up
>>
the indian, women, and the black guy will live.
>>
>>63354409
Flavor of the month is an expression. The point is that it will have zero staying power. TWD and GoT are flavor of the month shows. Even after being popular for almost a decade, when they end, they will still only be flavor of the months. They were memes. Not shows. Fargo is half show half meme, but certainly not enough of a show to support itself in terms of prolonged in depth discussion once the meme is gone.

Same was true of breaking bad. It remained a popular show for exactly as long as it was possible to speculate about the next cliffhanger. These plot shows are disposable product. Flavors of the month.
>>
>>63354535

Which shows would you say aren't flavors of the month?
>>
>>63354584
The Sopranos
>>
>>63354535
Explain meme for me please.
>>
>>63354471

I honestly can't tell if the actor who plays hanzee is 35 or 55
>>
Some amazing characters this Season
>>
>>63354598
sopranos is great.

fargo is great.

I fail to see how you can call one flavor of the month and not the other
>>
>>63354730
If you think Fargo is even close to the Sopranos it's clear you're only able to comprehend television on an "entertainment" level. You notice you're having an enjoyable time watching it and see the good cinematography and acting and then think that means you're watching a great show rather than just well produced product. No blood was shed with Fargo. The Sopranos held the blade to the neck of the populist audience and then cut to the bone. It wasn't afraid to murder every member of the "fanbase". Fargo is merely content with entertaining them.
>>
>>63354320
I understandwhat you're saying but yourreally wrong. That kind of discussion can only happen with an anthology series like fargo. It's also at itsome core a true crime cop and criminal show. Cut and dry. But there is brilliant symbolism and a nice overarching story.
Stop being so contrarian
>>
>>63354887
I enjoy the show week to week on an entertainment level, but I also have the perspective to recognize it as shallow meme media. It's fast good. You eat it, it tastes good while it's in your mouth, you get excited to try next weeks sandwich but there is zero nutritional value. The best of television can shape a man's life. The Sopranos certainly influenced me more than any real life experience. I don't see Fargo doing that. People may recommend it since they keep it on a mental list of things they once enjoyed, but it will not be informing people's lives on a day to day basis a decade after it finishes airing. It is only entertainment.
>>
File: 1428461417298.jpg (22 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1428461417298.jpg
22 KB, 480x600
>>63354825
top kek holy shit you are loser
>>
>>63355003
"Entertainment" seeking is the cornerstone of the fedora lifestyle. They are content to watch their edgy meme shows and play their video games. They'd never bleed for artistic devotion.
>>
I don't see any point in comparing one season to a series with 6 seasons.

Fargo's season 2 is as good as the genre can be.
>>
>>63355075
>Fargo's season 2 is as good as the genre can be.
Which is a nice way of explaining exactly why shows like this can never really be good at all.
>>
>>63355041
You seem like a really fun person to hang out with.
>>
It'll have really obnoxious music and slow mo and le epin quirky editing that says "ooooh this is the penultimate episode of your favorite quirk show! ooooh who's going to die? oooh what's going to happen isn't this all so exciting? oooh aliens don't you love our quirk??? oooh split screen oooh aren't we so clever ooooh doopy doopy doop what will our quirky meme characters do this time?? will mr. native amemeian get his le epin haircut? xD ooooohhh doop doop"

only redeeming factor of this show is fat Plemons
>>
>>63355227
Best criticism of this show I've heard TBF
>>
>>63354730

Because The Sopranos has six seasons and some people get an instant hardon for maffia shit, I guess.
>>
>>63354320
>It was the flavor of the month show of last year and it is the flavor of the month show of this year
doesn't that just make it a show?
>>
>>63354978
>The best of television can shape a man's life. The Sopranos certainly influenced me more than any real life experience.

This is no-joke one of the saddest things I've ever read on /tv/.
>>
>>63354730
Are you serious or are you just being a fanboy for Fargo? You can't be serious.
>>
>>63355386
Yes. Fargo is a great show.
>>
>>63354978
Please tell me this is a joke.
You are the fucking saddest pers on I've ever seen on /tv/
Fargo is great
Youre a buzzword spouting reddit tier shit taste pleb.
Fuck off
>>
>>63355708
Fargo is a redd tier bad taste plebeian buzzword in television show. It's the Coen brothers memed up prime for reddit consumption.

It's far more reddit to enjoy something like Fargo than it is to dislike it so keep your mouth shut. The man who hates something is always less reddit than the man who likes something.
>>
>>63355806
And yet you're the one whon knows all about what reddit likes. You're just sad. Kill yourself my man.
Fargo is great
The sapranos is great
>>
>>63355965
If Fargo is "great" then The Sopranos is a transcendentally incredible masterpiece.
>>
>>63355806
You keep using words and terms like they mean something. I don't even think you know what they mean
>>
>>63356314
Shuddup
>>
>>63356689
Quality post
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.