[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mike Myers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: Mike MYers.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Mike MYers.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
What happened to this guy?

Last thing anyone's probably seen in him was this. That was 6 years ago.
>>
Last thing anyone saw him in was an episode of Last Week Tonight where John Oliver was trying to dictate the course of Canadian politics
>>
Burned all his bridges. Also, he was never funny to begin with.
>>
>>63353531
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Azs_6uaCA

Weird scene too.
>>
Some people talk shit about him as a person, might be true I actually don't know
But I have no real negatives about his movies, he's really funny
>>
>>63353531

He made the love guru and never recovered, plus that really silly comedy stuff like Austin Powers isnt in now. Now its all DUDE WEED LMAO shit
>>
>>63353643
I still don't understand why people say that movie ruined his career. It was a shitty comedy that was quickly forgotten, that hasn't had overly negative effects on anyone in the past.
>>
>>63353704
The movie in itself didn't ruin him, but it was a bellwether that his shtick had grown tired. He's still able to get work now and then but isn't exactly hard up for money after Austin Powers and Shrek.
>>
>>63353704

It gave him cancer
>>
File: money.jpg (55 KB, 556x241) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
55 KB, 556x241
>>63353850
>>
>>63353704
>It was a shitty comedy that was quickly forgotten, that hasn't had overly negative effects on anyone in the past.

studios only give a shit if someone is going to make them money and you are only as good as your last movie. The Austin Powers and Shrek movies were gigantic, but then he made that bomb and the studios though WELL GUESS NO ONE LIKES HIM, WHO ELSE WE GOT?

I think he just didnt play the politics of the game right so once he got to that point, he was fucked and had no one else to help him out. Not to say hes a loser, Im sure hes living comfortably in a mansion and he probably doesnt even need to do another movie and realizes how much work it would be to be a "big guy" again.

Plus his style of comedy died out in like 2005, no one like that "goofy silly characters!" shit anymore which is what his whole career was. People like hip 20 somethings in New York doing faggy shit now.
>>
>>63353923
>People like hip 20 somethings in New York doing faggy shit now

I swear to christ, this modern trend in movies is literally one of the worst fucking trends I've ever seen.

A bunch of self important spoiled children acting like self important spoiled children isn't fucking funny
>>
>>63353999

yeah, the basic idea is cool people arent funny.
>>
>>63353999
>A bunch of self important spoiled children acting like self important spoiled children isn't fucking funny
That's what millennials are, so they recognize themselves in the characters.
>>
>itt millennials talking shit about themselves
>>
>>63354104

yeah, so what? Why cant people bitch about certain aspect of society they dont like? The whole point of this board is to discuss opinions anyway
>>
>>63354058
I didn't know millennials are 30+ manchildren who still act like they're in high school
>>
read his entry onLebeus blog, he was an asshole for years and once refused to made a movie he already signed a contract for cause his own script was shit
>>
He is currently working on a documentary about a rock producer or something. He talked about it on Maron. From what I can tell he is one of those older guys that had kids and doesnt care about anything else now.
>>
>>63354104
yeah im a existential teenage millionaire
>>
>>63353999
This and capeshit.
>>
>>63353531
Did he ever do any good movies? Everything besides Wayne's World and Austin Powers 1 was complete trash. And I mean Adam Sandler-tier garbage. I assume it didn't help his "comedies" bombed something fierce at the box office.
>>
>>63353643

He's working on a new Austin Powers movie
>>
>>63354259
I can't stand people who throw around Sandlers name like its nothing. At least Myers tried, the only thing he did that is Sandler tier is Love Guru.
>>
So nobody watched Super Mensch? pretty inspiring stuff.
>>
Last thing I can remember enjoying with him in it was Austin Powers 2.
>>
>>63354462
So you begrudgingly agree, good to know. Go watch Austin Powers 3 and tell me it's not Sandler-tier.
>>
>>63353531

he should do more supporting characters like this imo
>>
Austin powers 2 and 3 are guilty pleasures of mine so I'd be happy to see 4 actually get done.
>>
File: 140232871.jpg (21 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
140232871.jpg
21 KB, 306x306
>>63353581
>he was never funny to begin with.
The Wayne's World movies and the first Austin Powers are hilarious comedies.
>>
>>63354964
Oh he was plenty funny in SNL and his first movies. But those were 20 years ago, he has delivered nothing but diarrhea ever since.
>>
>>63354303
Source?
>>
>>63353531
Love Guru killed his career. I want a new Austin Powers though.
>>
He got murdered by Scottish men because of his attempts at their accent
>>
File: 220px-Axemurderermovieposter.jpg (16 KB, 220x329) Image search: [Google]
220px-Axemurderermovieposter.jpg
16 KB, 220x329
>>63354259
>implying pic related isn't his best film
>>
>>63355993
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIS HEED, IT'S LIKE AN AWRANGE ON A TOOTH PECK
>>
>>63355831
Thing is even if his career is mostly dead he's well off on money and has been wise about spending/investing it.

Hell look at John Rhys-Davies, he's perfectly comfortable with having a networth of just 5 mil or so and he picks and chooses what he wants to do weather its B monster movies going straight to DVD, plays, orshit like LoTR
>>
what killed Mike Myers career wasn't just The Love Guru, it was also The Cat In The Hat plus the fact that he kind of got stuck as playing Shrek in all the animated films.
>>
>>63353531
Sprockets
>>
>>63355993
its a good movie but that title is terrible, and in the end its completely wrong.
>>
>>63356335
THANKS FOR THE SPOILER, GOOBER
>>
>>63356243
to be fair the Shrek gig was a piss job with a big paycheck for everyone involved.

Neither him nor Eddie Murphy could really turn that down
>>
>>63354303
For like the last ten years. It's not happening.
>>
>>63356401
also in 12 angry men in the end they decide the guy is innocent
>>
>>63354058
That's what everyone is thanks to a cultural climate that encourages individualism and materialism instead of community values.
>>
>>63353610
I always liked it.
>>63354964
truth
>>63353581
also probably true. my cousin worked on the movie "So I Married an Ax Murderer" in the 90s and even back then there were stories that he was difficult to work with
>>
>>63356625
>community values
Like a true nigger, you are.
>muh community
>>
Myers was a really reallllyy difficult person to work with, worse than norton.

He would always have arguments over irrelevant shit in the script, with the director, with contracts or would just act all man-child like.

His growing shitty reputation during production the 2002-2004 period was what made people reconsider hiring him.
>>
1) Love Guru fucked up his career in that he was no longer a viable leading man after that. He never really recovered. Problem is, he wouldn't leave his house for less than a lead role, with few exceptions (like working with an "auteur")

2) He's known for being quite controlling and overwhelming projects. It's not seen as worth it to pursue him for supporting roles.

3) Much of what he does has been gettig steadily less popular, and other people did it just as well in the first place.

He'll either stay under the radar or he'll take a turn toward a Robin Williams type late career. If he ever comes back it won't be through a comedy, he'll maybe pop up in a PTA movie and blindside people
>>
swimming in his pool full of shrek money
>>
Myers is a pretty unpleasant guy who's not actually funny in real life. Comedy is probably anathema to him and with all the millions he's made, he doesn't really need to work again, ever.
>>
He never recovered after his marriage broke up, and she had a lot of writing and editing input into his best movies.
>>
>>63354153
That's literally the definition of "millennial."
>>
>>63356998
>He would always have arguments over irrelevant shit in the script,

you mean like in the classic scene in Wayne's World with them singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody in the car, where the suits wanted to use some Guns n Roses song instead?
>>
>>63357404
Anon, that's only 1 in, at the very least, over 200 instances. I'm sure there are a lot more.

It pays off sometimes, but it's just so fucking annoying and a waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>63357686
agreed, cousin who worked as crewmen was really annoyed that he gets overtime cause that shitface kept arguing over crap with the writers.
>>
>>63353531
Love Guru killed him I think
>>
Idk desu senpai
>>
True Detective starring Mike Myers and Brendan Fraser when?
>>
>>63356938
if you knew anything you'd realise that niggers wouldnt be half as shitty as they are if they paid more than lip service to the idea of a functioning community
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.