[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darren Aronofsky was supposed to direct The Wolverine, what would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Darren Aronofsky was supposed to direct The Wolverine, what would that have even been like?
>>
Shit. Do you think the studio would let him try anything that's not easy to sell?
>>
ex to ex
>>
>>63349261
Imagine noah but this time he has claws and is a drug addict in japan.
>>
>>63351439
Well he's been doing that his whole career so...
>>
File: samurai.png (298 KB, 286x492) Image search: [Google]
samurai.png
298 KB, 286x492
>>63349261
>>63351439
The Wolverine is already nearly unique among capeshit in that the studio seems to have accidentally made a really interesting character study/action thriller and only remembered in the last five minutes to turn it into an EPIC CGI SHITFEST
>>
Could have been GOAT. Despite The Fountain being a bit convoluted with wonky editing, Aronofsky got a really good performance out of Jackman.
>>
>>63351582
Blade 1 did the same thing, except with much worse and more primitive CGI.
>>
>>63349261
i wish they let him take on franchises
he was supposed do robocop
>>
>>63351582
That's just how action, specifically capeshit has to end now.

I for one, blame transformers 2. And to a lesser extent the 3 act structure that hollywoo is so scared to escape.
>>
The script leaked. It was very tryhard edgy, just like Aronofsky's Batman script.

>1982.

>Wolverine is a broken man and is in jail for killing a man during a bar fight.

>A representative of the Hand, a secret society of ninjas, arrives and offers to teach Wolverine how to control his inner monster so he can return to society.

>Wolverine travels to Japan and trains under a ninja master, Ogun. It turns out the Hand works for the Yashida clan, that controls Japan's criminal underworld.

>Wolverine becomes an enforcer for the Yashida clan and meets another enforcer, Yukio. He spirals out of control, descending into sex, alcohol and hard drugs, and brutally torturing people for fun. At one point, Yukio even molests a woman on a subway for Wolverine's enjoyment.

>Eventually Wolverine is ordered to protect Mariko Yashida, daughter of the chief of the clan, Shingen Yashida. Shingen is forcing Mariko to marry the Chief of Justice to increase his own power, and believes his biggest rival, an American mobster named Elvis, might try to kill her to prevent the wedding.

>Wolverine ends up falling in love with Mariko and cuts ties with Yukio. Shingen finds out about it, and Mariko is unwilling to dishonor her father. Wolverine then challenges Shingen to a duel for Mariko, which is supposed to be fought with batons. Yukio poisons Wolverine on Shingen's behalf and Wolverine ends up ejecting his claws during the duel, dishonoring himself in Mariko's eyes. Shingen then kicks his ass.
>>
>>63352142
>Wolverine is left for dead, but Mariko regrets betraying him and nurses him back to health. Wolverine then joins forces with Elvis to dismantle Shingen's entire operation, and eventually kills Shingen in another duel and convinces Mariko to run away with him, while Elvis takes over Shingen's empire.

>Wolverine and Mariko retreat to a cabin in the outskirts of Japan, but are found by Ogun and the Hand, who want revenge for Wolverine's betrayal of their code. Ogun kills Mariko, so Wolverine foregoes his teachings, embraces his inner beast and slaughters Ogun and his men.

>The police arrives and finds a feral Wolverine surrounded by bodies, as Ogun had anticipated. Wolverine is then throw in jail once again, a broken man as he was before the Hand found him.
>>
>>63352176
Sounds better than what we got.
>>
>>63352176
holy shit 10/10 I actually hope this is what the last movie is about and how it ends fuck I would watch the shit out of it I'm actually watching the Wolverine again right now and this plot sounds really good even ifits in a cartoon form i'd take it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.