[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is how I feel in regards to film and television. Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: beginning.jpg (246 KB, 625x488) Image search: [Google]
beginning.jpg
246 KB, 625x488
this is how I feel in regards to film and television. Everything seems to be dropping in quality and originality.

a young movie director nowdays will at most get a big project from a studio with very little control. why make something new when you can make die hard 6?

how is this fixable?
>>
>>63349085

The ability to make a film by yourself is stronger than ever. You don't need millions of dollars backing you, and you can make something emotionally powerful and downright artistic with some consumer grade gear. The independent market is stronger than ever and you can get exposure via the internet and so forth.

If you feel there is something seriously lacking with contemporary films, then go out and make better. Make something honest and authentic.
>>
>how is this fixable?
first try to find empirical grounds to believe in your hypothesis. if you look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_directorial_debuts you will notice that actually there has been an increase of directorial debuts over time, which seems to imply the opposite.
>>
>>63349214
Then why are independent movies shittier than ever.

Because everything has turned into either blockbuster shit or hipstercore. There's no middle ground anymore
>>
>>63349085
take off your nostalgia goggles. Even the Sopranos was flawed and nothing is perfect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H8XqA7WyLI
>>
look at what kevin smith was able to accomplish
are you saying that kevin smith is more talented than you? surely you can do better than kevin smith right? you're a fa/tv/irgin after all. you have the choicest knowledge of cinema and have seen the rarest of the rare and no director or kinography is foreign or obscure to you.

if only a studio was able to see your genius. look at that hack tarantino. look at his "film" reservoir dogs. what dogshit! you could make something 100x better than that turd with the same equivalent budget, restrictions, opportunities and control
>>
>>63349388
then go to best buy, get a camera, and make a good film.

faggot
>>
>>63349388
>Then why are independent movies shittier than ever.

nice totally uninformed baseless blanket statement
>>
>>63349085

Movies are absolutely dead in my opinion. I cant even remember the last time I saw a good new movie.

TV however is only getting better.
>>
>>63349656
Bullshit. Hard to be a God is better than any tv show this decade.
>>
>>63349656
TVs golden age started with LOST and ended with Mad Men. It'll only get worse from now on
>>
>>63349214
Problem is that you have to either be totally fucking amazing or get sponsored by some company to get mass exposure. Otherwise you're just some nobody in a long long list of nobodies.
>>
>>63349851
>started with Sopranos and ended with Mad Men
FIFY
>>
>>63349851
>>63349919

Mad Men was absolutely horrible. Your opinion is invalidated
>>
>>63349919
The "Mad Men is good" meme is no longer funny. Please stop.
>>
>>63350137
>>63350166
Stick Fargo and True Detective, Children of IMDB.
>>
>>63350427
No I'll just stick to good TV like The Sopranos and have enough taste to not include inferior garbage like Mad Men in the same group.
>>
>>63350544
Mad Men is the full realization of everything The Sopranos strived to be. It is the sopranos completely unhindered by the capeshit "entertainment" obligation of the late 90s early 00s that held The Sopranos back.
>>
>>63350844

Yeah, because god forbid a TV show be entertaining.

Christ almighty you are the biggest hipster faggot Satan ever shat life into.
>>
>>63350844
>Mad Men is the full realization of everything The Sopranos strived to be.

I stopped reading.
>>
>>63350885
"Entertainment" is the ultimate debasement of any art medium. The Sopranos proved that TV could be art but it was still held back by the need to appeal to plebs like you, By the time Mad Men was made TV was thankfully able to move beyond needing to appease the entertainment viewer.
>>
File: 1409088706794.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1409088706794.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>63350973
dude
>>
File: 1419611715782.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1419611715782.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>63349085
Hell, i feel like that about mostly everything and i just turned 30.
>>
>>63349085

Yeah that happens you look around and see that 99% of everything is shit. Your awareness is going to be a thorn in your side, until you get up and actually improve shit. This is why no one takes tumblr seriously IRL besides beta kucks, because tumblr and reddit don't do things outside.

You do have a point if you bring up post-modernism and the fetishism of symbolism superimposed beyond artistic skill and integrity. But as is, the internet has brought creativity to a whole new level. You're just being a lazy twat, and overly judgmental about genres you know nothing about. Look into those genres and explore that shit
>>
>>63349085
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1290315007835.png (167 KB, 307x332) Image search: [Google]
1290315007835.png
167 KB, 307x332
>>63350973
El oh fucking el
>>
>>63350973
>>63350844

The bait on /tv/ nowadays isn't subtle enough. Don't be so obvious next time my man
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.