[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he such a cunt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: billy-mitchell-pac.jpg (19 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
billy-mitchell-pac.jpg
19 KB, 300x298
Why was he such a cunt?
>>
>>63345255
Great movie

I think it was all fake. It is a character
>>
He did absolutely nothing wrong. The people who made the documentary were just insanely jealous of Billy and tried to make him look bad.
>>
>>63345255
USA ftw
>>
He's actually a cool guy if not a slight sperg. His rivalry with Weibe is very friendly and the documentarians didn't include that because having Billy be an ass was a better narrative.
>>
>>63345255
Where can I buy his hot sauce?
>>
>>63345255

They play Donkey Kong competitively, they're all cunts. However Billy got the worst of it because like others said the filmmakers wanted more drama, it works well in the context of the film but the real life rivalry isn't nearly as bitter as it was made out to be
>>
>>63345255

Billy was a saint compared to that Donkey Kong kill screen guy, what a twat.
>>
>>63345334
what about the videotape

why did the screen tear up over the score
why didn't he play alongside Steve
>>
>>63345334
Not really difficult to make him look bad.

His fanboy guy who thought of himself as his apprentice was the bigger cunt though.
He really wanted to be known as the second best donkey kong player, but didnt put any effort into actually playing the fucking game and just hung around billy.
>>
File: d1.jpg (12 KB, 177x175) Image search: [Google]
d1.jpg
12 KB, 177x175
>the guys that played unpopular games just to have WRs
>>
>>63345255
Because that's his image, you fucking retard. It's called branding. It sells hot sauce.
>>
Potential Donkey Kong kill screen coming up
>>
>>63345390
>He's actually a cool guy

Have you met him? The documentary makers said Billy is a bigger dick in real life than they made him out to be.
>>
>>63345606
This. He was fucking worthless, he pretended to be a great player but didn't manage to do shit. His high score is fucking shit compared to Steve's of Billy's and he didn't even manage to get a kill screen. Every time he played it was a total failure, he was just good for sucking Billy's hairy balls.
The documentary was fine but they focused too much on that cunt.
>>
That old guy with the beard was pretty cool. He still alive?
>>
>>63345827
Apparently, but now he focuses on music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Day
>Day is depicted in the Pixar movie "Wreck it Ralph" as the manager of the video arcade who closes up shop at the end of the day. His character does not speak

Damn I didn't know that, I need to rewatch that flick.
>>
>>63345334
I remember hearing that and it sounded believable, but after watching the movie, I don't think they really did much to make him look bad.

The only way for that to be the case is if they scripted it all.
>>
File: 1411296383620.jpg (30 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1411296383620.jpg
30 KB, 350x350
>>63345334
>were just insanely jealous of Billy

please God, don't ever let my life fall into this kind of position

just bring me home early or send me to that other place

love, Anon
>>
>>63345334
Billy Mitchell did nothing wrong.
>>
They wanted an actual story with protagonist and antagonist like a movie etc. Watch the other documentary for more objective presentation.
>>
>>63346333
yeah there were a few parts where the dialogue was so awkward it felt staged, like a reality show with non-actors reciting lines and sounding completely unnatural.
nice trips
>>
>>63346333
whats the other documentary
>>
>>63346441
'I did nothing wrong' by Billy the Mitchell
>>
Billy's the king
>>
everyone in that documentary was autistic as fuck taking fucking donkey kong that seriously
>>
>>63346551
>beta bitch who will never achieve mastery of anything
>>
http://www.twingalaxies.com/forumdisplay.php/406-The-King-of-Kong-Official-Statement

i spent some time a while ago reading through those posts. basically the doc is 95% bullshit designed to push a narrative.

the whole thing is ridiculous. steve didn't even beat billy's high score because billy didn't have the high score at the time, some other guy had the #1 spot and they never mentioned it in the doc because it didn't support the narrative
>>
>>63345255

"Silly Bitchell"
>>
>>63345255
Because he's got nothing else to live for
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.