[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok now that the year is almost over, what are the best movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 651x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 651x390
Ok now that the year is almost over, what are the best movies that came out? I haven't seen much I enjoyed this year and it looks like shit next to last year (Birdman, Whiplash, Calvary, Nightcrawler, Grand Budapest Hotel, the list goes on and on.

So far this year I've only enjoyed Inside Out, MM:FR, and Ex Machina.

Show me the light /tv/, what came out this year that was good?
>>
>>63342774
Man From UNCLE was underrated as fuck.

I agree it's been a bit of a downer year though. Two of the greatest unintentional comedies this decade (Jupiter Ascending and Fant4stic) came out this year, so that was pretty shitty.
>>
Bump.

Nothing guys?
>>
>>63343012
I thought about it, but most of what sticks out is the shit. Inside out was a nice flick.

Was Bridge of Spies any good?
>>
I really liked It Follows, but I guess a lot of people didn't - not sure why.
>>
>>63343012
Creed was dope, forgot to mention.
>>
Straight otta Compton
>>
>>63343102
It's 4chan, people hate everything here.
>>
>>63343102
OP here.
Yep, It Follows was very good. I'd forgotten about it tho, thanks.

>>63343073
Inside Out is very very good. I probably like it more than I should though. The first time I saw it I was on LSD and I got called to babysit my nieces cause their dog died and... I don't know, it was an emotional experience, haha.

>>63343151
This was merely ok. And I'm a big NWA fan.

>>63343135
I'll probably check this out eventually. Not a high priority tho.
>>
File: top 10 2015 as at 6 december.png (525 KB, 691x447) Image search: [Google]
top 10 2015 as at 6 december.png
525 KB, 691x447
It has not been a good year.
>>
>>63343714
You should check out Ex Machina if you haven't seen it. I've seen most of your list and thought that they were just...ok

I do still need to see Bridge of Spies though.
>>
>>63343873
I saw it. I gave it a 5/10 - thought it was the very definition of your average movie.
For the record, I have Inside Out at 8/10, Mission Impossible at 6/10, and the other 8 fall in between.
>>
>>63343160
Incorrect. 4chan simply has sufficient traffic so as negative opinion of everything will be presented, because you can't please everyone. But because all traffic is anonymous, you're creating an image of individuals who hate everything, because that's easier to process than a intermittently hating group of people sufficiently large to where the intermittent can be perceived for uniform. A way to imagine this phenomena is how, on a planetary scale, lightning is always striking, somewhere.
>>
>>63344033
Or, to put it in a much more simple way, people are more likely to bitch about something they dislike than commend something that they enjoy.
>>
>>63343714
>no mad max literally the best movie of this year
>>
Steve Jobs
Spotlight
Inside Out
Jurassic World
Spectre
Ex Machina
Carol
The End of The Tour
Slow West
Mistress America
Trumbo
Southpaw
Mad Max
Chappie
>>
Movies I saw this year that I'd consider generally decent are Mad Max, Ex Machina, It Follows, Victoria, The Gift, Sicario, Crimson Peak and The Martian.

I wasn't a big fan of Inside Out. I respected the fact that they were dealing with the concepts that they did in a kids film more than I actually got caught up in the emotions or enjoyed the humor.
>>
>>63344107
>>63344118
Hello Reddit.
>>
>>63344107
it was a 2 hour long car chase with zero plot, character development, or even world building. Coupled with a large amount of utterly moronic writing.
>>
I liked the peanuts movie a lot
>>
>>63343929
Really? I thought it was pretty well-made but more importantly, actually thought-provoking, whereas something like Jurassic World (my least fav on your list) fits my definition of "average popcorn movie" much more closely.

Either way, different strokes, I was just recommending it in case you hadn't seen it
>>
>>63344180
It had some simplistic character development for Max and Nux at the very least and decent world building. The war boy religion thing was fairly intriguing and you picked it up through context rather than them overtly explaining it.
>>
The Good Dinosaur is better than Inside Out in some ways.
>>
>>63344254
The warboy thing was dumped on you in the first five minutes if you knew anything about military logic or human nature.

But I guess you needed nux to explain to you in great detail that he was dying of cancer, despite every character talking about how the warboys were dying, constantly, right?
>>
>>63344162
Ooooh, hadn't even heard of Victoria before. Looks interesting, I'll have to check that out.
>>
>>63344300
>The warboy thing was dumped on you in the first five minutes if you knew anything about military logic or human nature.
Even if you thought it was too blunt how was that not world building?
>>
>>63344338
Because people dying of radiation sickness in a post-apocalypse is a foregone conclusion?
>>
>>63344228
Peanuts was fucking dope. They didn't even attempt to modernize beyond the art style, and that worked to it's advantage.

>>63344254
I didn't see much development in anyone other than Nux. Max was doing his whole "Man With No Name" routine, Furiosa and the Wives were just sorta simplistic. I did love how it didn't feel the need to smack you with exposition, and of course the effects were fucking top.
>>
>>63343714
>Ant-Man below AoU and Jurassic World

Quicksilver is my favorite Marvel character and Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, but no way was Ant-Man not better than what you've got in spots 6 and 7
>>
>>63343714
>jurassic world above anything
Far and away the worst movie of the year. Not even a fucking contest.
>>
>>63344300
>The warboy thing was dumped on you in the first five minutes if you knew anything about military logic or human nature.
How so?

>But I guess you needed nux to explain to you in great detail that he was dying of cancer, despite every character talking about how the warboys were dying, constantly, right?

Hopefully you picked up on the fact that they were bred that way, so as to be more expendable. Hence the whole "half-life" thing.

Also, he didn't explicitly state "Yeah, I have cancer, and I named my tumors to put some levity to the whole ordeal". Just called them "his m8s".
>>
>>63344476
Clearly you did not see Terminator Genisys.
>>
>>63344476
It wasn't that bad. It would have at least been more interesting if it was worst of the year material. It was just extremely bland and mediocre in every way. They played it super safe, banked on nostalgia hard and made a film that made a ridiculous amount of money that nobody will ever remember.
>>
>>63344528
Or Fant4stic.
>>
>>63344476
>hurr durr time to see what grossed the highest this year and call it shit so people think im a snowflake
>>
fast and furious 7 is the worst film this year
>>
>>63344529
It banked on nostalgia too hard because that's what sells.

When they were going into the ruins of the old park, like it was some kinda Indiana Jones-like hidden temple, and the slow piano version of the theme comes in...something about that just got me.
>>
>>63344585
The top 4 this year were Jurassic Mark, Minions, Fast and Furious and Avengers 2.

All of those genuinely are shit to be fair.
>>
>>63344612
I kind nostalgia scenes like that extremely painful. You put something from my childhood in front of me expecting me to feel all warm and fuzzy and more charitable towards your movie and I feel insulted and walk out.
>DUDE REMEMBER JURASSIC PARK????
Yes, I'd prefer to be watching it.
>>
Damn I realize now how few movies I've watched this year.

Best ones were sadly Mad Max and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.
>>
So... which movie will win Best Picture?
>>
>>63344606
Nice try. Stick to Mad Meme and your RT vetted r/movies bait.
>>
I didn't really like Inside Out that much. Not saying it was shit, but it was a class below other Pixar classics.
>>
>>63342774
Room, Carol, Diary of a Teenage Girl, Youth, Macbeth are all worth a look.
>>
>>63344334
Just watch it without Trailer, without knowing anything.
Works best then
>>
Tier 1: Blackhat, In the Shadow of Women, Pasolini, Mountains May Depart, Magic Mike XXL, Carol, Phoenix
Tier 2: Heaven Knows What, Bridge of Spies, Queen of Earth, Hit 2 Pass, Buzzard, Mad Max Fury Road
Tier 3: Results, Ricki and the Flash, Creed, Jauja, She's Funny That Way, Saint Laurent, Beloved Sisters, The Intern, Unfriended

I would consider all of these very good or better
>>
>>63344796
I'm hoping it'll be Carol, but that doesnt seem likely. I haven't really seen any other "awards contender" movies that are any good, although this year seems to have a lot of strange awards choices, so maybe it could be one of them. I just hope Tom Hooper gets completely ignored.
>>
>>63343714
Not Mad Max nor EX Machina...
Puts cape shit and jurassic turd in there.

You officially have no taste.
>>
What i have watched from this year:

Everest
Beasts of No Nation
Man from UNCLE
MI:Rogue Nation
Stanford Prison Experiment
Victoria
Jurassic World
Mad Max Fury Road
Spy
Furious 7
Ex Machina
Kingsman

Out of those Beasts was probably the best. Victoria is also worth a watch just for the technical side.
>>
>>63342774
Watch everything from Sight & Sound list. Not only top 20 but everything with at least two votes.
>>
Ranking of every movie I saw this year: Mad Max > Turbo Kid > DBZ Resurrection F > The Wolfpack > Avengers > Kung Fury
>>
>>63345489
>>63344796
My wife is a member of one of the guilds, so we got all the screeners of all the award moviesand it really is impossible to tell right now, but The Danish Girll is a real Oscar bait and they're pushing it hard. They will probably also like Room a lot. Haven't seen Revenant or the hateful eight yet.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.