[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Fistful of Dollars? I feel its on the weaker side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: fistful.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fistful.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Opinions on Fistful of Dollars?
I feel its on the weaker side of Leone's movies

I rate it 6/10
>>
>>63342068

Fantastic climax though
>>
>>63342068
Kind of a shame he ripped off Kurosawa. The first 75% of the movie is pretty bland in my opinion, but the final moments are fucking fantastic. I would say it's an 8/10, just for the final scenes and the soundtrack.
>>
>>63342068
FaFDM > OUATITW > TGTBTU > Yojimbo > FoD
Yojimbo is so much better than Fistful.
>>
>>63342342

>FaFDM > OUATITW

Not in this wor any other reality.
>>
File: what's going on here?.png (553 KB, 850x516) Image search: [Google]
what's going on here?.png
553 KB, 850x516
>>63342342
>FaFDM > OUATITW > TGTBTU
That's an interesting opinion.
>>
Fistful of Dollars and Fistful of Dynamite are worse. I think it's a pretty close third behind TGTBTU and OUATITW which is my favourite.
>>
>>63342342
TGTBTU=FaFDM>OUATITW>Yojimbo>FoD
>>
1. Once upon a time in the west
2. (Tied) For a few dollars more/The good the bad and the ugly
3. A fistful of dollars
>>
>>63342342
TGTBTU > OUATIA > OUATITW > Duck, You Sucker > FoD > Yojimbo >> FaFDM

FaFDM is completely average. Fucking hat shooting fight, straight out of a bad anime.
>>
>>63342068
It was basically Leone's first draft of his spaghetti western style. And the story was just lifted from Yojimbo. It's naturally his weakest effort, but without it we would never get the masterpieces that were TGTBTU and OUATITW.
>>
>>63343303
>FaFDM last
>he can't into the hat fight

I hope this is b8
>>
Few Dollars More is still his weakest for me. The climax is fantastic but the rest of it is interminable and filled with bad comedy.
>>
TGTBTU > OUATITW (close second) > FaFDM > DYS > Yojimbo > FoD

FoD is pretty much on par with Yojimbo but falls behind since it's ultimately just a rip-off.
>>
>>63342068
I thought it was a great movie. Better than Yojimbo even and I'm a big Kurosawa fan.
>>
I really enjoy Fistful, it's probably the weakest in the trilogy but it's still a really great movie. That whole trilogy kicks ass.
>>
>>63343720
really?
maybe because I saw Yojimbo before A Fistful of Dollars, but i think Kurosawa's was better
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.