[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: sddefault.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
"Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"

Why would killing him would turn luke to the dark side? What did he mean by this?

If for example Goebbels would take his imaginary anti nazi son to Hitler during World War 2, and the son would headshot him he would join the nazis and they would rule the third reich together?
>>
File: 1431914840470.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1431914840470.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>If I kill you I'll be just as bad as you
>>
He knew Luke couldn't kill him. He just wanted him to let loose his anger.
>>
>>63338918
Why? If the rebels would execute him due his crimes against the galaxy by trial, the executor would be the bad as palpatine?
>>
>Luke says "OK."
>Grabs saber and beheads Based Sheev
>/tv/'s greatest hero is now slain
>Luke will forever be know as the most vile evil in the galaxy
>Therefor he has joined the dark side

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>63338965
It doesn't matter if a non-force sensitive does it.
>>
>>63338965
Yes.
>>
File: The Bigcave.jpg (337 KB, 655x890) Image search: [Google]
The Bigcave.jpg
337 KB, 655x890
>>63338971
>/tv's greatest hero is now slain
>>
Fucking autists.
This is more of a morally thing. If you lose your temper and give in your anger you will turnto the dark side because this is what this shit is about
>>
>>63339519
it's the point where Star Wars being a fairy tale become irreconcilable with Star Wars as a morality tale.

the message is that it would be more "humane"/"moral" for the Emperor to be blown up in the Death Star (which would have happened anyway) than for Luke to execute him personally - but that Vader can do it to save Luke.

it's an interesting scene because of the clash of tones but it shows how the Star Wars series was starting to run out of gas even after two films.
>>
>>63338935
this, I'm pretty sure luke could sense he had no chance either
>>
>>63338899
What makes even less sense is that Sith lords are supposed to be ultra-egoistic, so why the fuck would he care about Luke becoming a sith more than about his own fucking survival?

Shit writing.
>>
>>63340414

Because he knew that Luke couldn't actually kill him. Remember what happened in the movie? Luke took a swing at him and Vader blocked it, just like the Emperor knew he would.
>>
>>63338899

Giving in to Anger, fun.

Light side = control, virtue

Dark side = impulse, egocentricity

It's basically that there are these people who can control the thing that animates everything, is in everything. Some think they should tone it down, help people. Others are like fuck that, what about me. Dark side flaunts power, follows emotion, Light side keeps things in check, puts thought into how to use the force for everyone, not just himself.

If you spaz out on anger and attack people who can kill you just by pointing at you, you have joined the dark side, is what the emperor meant.
>>
>>63340660

*giving in to anger, duh.

Fucking new phone.
>>
But the nazis weren't evil at all you silly bluepilled fool
>>
Because luke wouldn't be able to do it. And so luke gives in to his anger, and realises his powerlessness at the same time.

Not sure what the impulse is then on, but heck, force mind powers who cares.
>>
>>63338899
>luke tries to make a move subtly reinforcing the emperor's viewpoint
>Emperor blasts him with force lightning and shows him how impotent he is
remember in the prequels it was never established that this was a power that was common or even could be blocked.
>>
File: 1441477219826.jpg (242 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1441477219826.jpg
242 KB, 1024x819
>>63340739
>>
>>63338899
In the world of star wars, love is evil. Ask one of the /sci/ philosophers for logical consistency.
>>
Palpatine had reached a point of corruption by the dark side where he was not even self-serving any more but serving the will of the dark side. Turning Luke was the only thing that could give him any more pleasure even if it might result in his own death.
>>
>>63340904
>Every thread, without fail

What script do you jidf use to alert you when the keyword "Nazi" is used so you can post your propaganda?
>>
youre young, most of the kids in this thread are young. I'm OLD, like, so OLD my tits reach my knees.

So listen kiddos. Revenge might seem fun in the moment, but you pay for it in sleepless nights years after and regret. BUT WHAT ABOUT MUH SOCIOPATH luke was not a sociopath, he was a morally defined kid who wanted peace in the galaxy and for his father to be free. he wanted an end to the war and to the killing and to the dark side. By taking out his hate and anger for all the wrongs that were committed he'd lose his impulse control. he'd be sonsumed with guilt and the guilt would eventually drive him insane at which point he would become the next evil overlord. Or thats what sheev thought.

anyway, im off to scoop my tits into my bar and eat popcorn and get hype for the new star trek movie its only out in like a week now or something. training my falcons up and got my single ticket to the local Islamic center
>>
>refuses to kill sheev, turns vader, chooses the light side
>gets turned into a sith by jew-jew in ep 7
>>
>>63338899
>the sexual tension in that scene
>>
>>63341402
he was literally the ultimate troll
>>
>>63342015
thats why chucking him down an exhaust vent was really fun. for vader.
>>
>>63342074
vader was the ultimate reddit, he had no free will he was just a pawn everyone made fun of him nobody loved him ....no wait thats 4chan< but i thought sheev was 4chan . so wait sheev is actually tumblr
>>
>>63342158
>so wait sheev is actually tumblr
this makes more sense than you know, the sjw are destroying everything/ and they are in league with islam who are literally satans spawn
>>
>>63342203
the fact the feminist sjw movement fighting against duh patriarchy came out in direct support of islam is like order 66
>>
>>63338965
IT IS NOT THE JEDI WAY
>>
>>63338899
Because attacking someone out of hate is a path to becoming a Sith

>>63340414

Because Palpatine was going to stop him if he actually did it, but the damage would still be done
>>
File: 1403970783030.jpg (50 KB, 348x383) Image search: [Google]
1403970783030.jpg
50 KB, 348x383
>>63338899
Too bad luke will be a sith in the force awakens.
>>
>>63342203
I believe satan isn''t THAT bad anon
>>
Dark Side is like Dark Magic. It's a living thing. It would have corrupted Luke. Vader was corrupted. He thought he was doing 'good' (bringing order to the galaxy), but in reality he was Evil as fuck.

Luke would have been corrupted by the DS to the point that he wouldn't be able to tell good from bad.
>>
>>63342203
>>63342241
Islam is a religion of peace
>>
>>63339519
This.

It's why in the prequels jedi are these emotionless monks. Because emotions lead to the dark side.

You stop following the force and start letting your emotions control you instead. Which is exactly what the dark side is about.
>>
>>63338899
>"Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"

Baiting this hard. Fuck that bullshit. I'd have nuked him from another ship and called it a day.
>>
>>63338899
I never understood that either. I guess killing a defenseless old man would mean you turned to the dark side.

What I REALLY don't get though is the fact that Luke did try and kill The Emperor in cold blood. Only Vader stopped him. Then Luke lashed out in anger in order to beat Vader into submission and chopped off his hand.

So why then doesn't that make Luke evil? Then the Emperor is like "Goood now strike him down and join me!" and Luke's just like "Nah"

So like, all that danger and risk of how the dark side can be so appealing and a slippery slope. But actually you can use anger and be cold blooded and still be good as long you go "nope"?

Seems poorly written tbqfh
>>
>>63342612
That's because Vader was actually a good guy and saved luke from the dark side, on that moment.
>>
>>63342657
Absolut pottery
>>
>>63342612

but in TFA Luke WILL have gone dark, it is known
>>
>>63342748
No, he's going to be the yoda of the series. It's known he's going to be on some secluded place by himself.
>>
>>63342748
SPOILERS SPOILERSSS!!!! REEEEEE
>>
>>63342559
sorry i forgot, let me suck your dick.
>>
>>63338899
>striking down an old man is bad and leads to the dark side
>killing thousands on the death star is ok, you can celebrate and get a medal
>>
Is this the same Luke Skywalker who fired the missiles that destroyed the Death Star, a base the size of a small moon?

He's worse than the guys who dropped the nukes on Japan.
>>
>>63343267

well you gotta remember that the Death Star had already destroyed one planet and was right about to destroy another. don't know how many lives were on either of those planets but it's probably a lot
>>
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
>>63338971

There's only one hero on /tv/, hothead
>>
>>63343297
>few rebel terrorists, animals and plants on yavin
>mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters serving faithfully on death star who wiill be forever missed
>>
>>63343267
It's okay there was no civilians on the death star
>>
>>63343330
There were no civilians on Yavin 4 either.
>>
>>63343345
Yes and?
>>
>>63338899
>Why would killing him would turn luke to the dark side?
Because the "Dark Side" is just using the Force for your own ends and emotional desires rather than a tool to maintain balance and peace. If Luke killed the Emperor out of hatred, he would be no better than Vader or Sidious.
>>
This one of those moments where you realize how stupid a community is. There are far to many people who are sincere in this thread with not comprehending the context of that scene and everything that lead up to it.

I need to leave this place for awhile.

A Reddit moderator once said, "Reddit is where dumb people go to act smart. 4chan is where smart people go to act dumb." I'm afraid the later may be similar to the former sentence of that quote now.
>>
>>63338899
>Kill the most evil guy in the galaxy to try and unfuck it
>Become evil
You're right, what's even the point of having lightsabres.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.