[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. Explain this to me. I've watched star wars before along
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: Ahsoka_and_anakin.png (562 KB, 1450x816) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka_and_anakin.png
562 KB, 1450x816
So. Explain this to me. I've watched star wars before along with every other small series but never got around to the "Star wars: The Clone wars" not to be confused with "star wars clone wars"

Anyhow. For someone who isn't a master why are they a master?
>>
>>63337913
Fuck my ass daddy anakin
>>
>>63337969

/thread
>>
>>63337913
Best parts of this series were the Clone Troopers.

Just a shame that, despite the retcon that they all had chips installed in their heads, Commander Cody never got redeemed like Rex did.

Cody > Rex
>>
File: ep1.jpg (87 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
ep1.jpg
87 KB, 852x480
>>63337913
Obi Wan was barely taken off Padawan status when he became Anakin's master.
>>
>>63338000

Its p shitty that you really have to watch 6 seasons of this show for Revenge of the Sith to become even mildly watchable.

99's death tho, fucked me up.
>>
>>63337913
I never understood why people watched this shit. if you aren't a child, I just don't get it.
>>
>>63338014
Ah, Fuck. I never thought about that.
>>
>>63338043

First couple seasons are guff, but shit gets quite interesting in places. Mandalore stuff is great, the force stuff is great, Anakin's relationships are interesting.

But its biggest draw is it really fleshes out the Clones and shows some respect for them in a way the movies never even tried.

Kinda apologises for the prequels.
>>
>>63338043
Lore.
>>
>>63338077
I hated that fucking cartoon trying to turn Star Wars into Dragon Ball Z with laser swords.
>>
Alright /tv/, Clonetroopers or Stormtroopers?
>>
>>63338172
Clones can actually hit their targets.
>>
>>63338172
>Clone Troopers.

They have better tech, are better trained and are trained to fight a war unlike storm troopers.
>>
>>63338172
Clonetroopers because they look cooler and managed to kill 97% of the jedi
>>
>>63338232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGxqvg4K74
>>
>>63338102
Isn't that just what the prequels did though
>>
>>63338232
To be fair most of the Jedi they killed weren't expecting to be betrayed.

Just look at Clones vs someone like Grievous when expecting an attack. Even though he doesn't have any force powers, he goes through them like they're paper.
>>
>>63338071
>>63338077

MANDALORIAN PACIFISTS
>>
>>63338374
>ignoring Death Watch

Clone Wars is canon, EU isn't
Get rekt
>>
>tfw Delta Squad is canon
>tfw Sev can still be saved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz3wpkCt2Ms
>>
>>63337913

To become a Master, a Knight must train a Padawan Learner successfully (though Obi-Wan was raised to the Council before his first Padawan was fully trained).
>>
>>63339080

Is there a canon source that states this?

I know Qui-Gon Jinn didn't have a successful apprentice before Obi-Wan and he wasn't fully trained either in Phantom Menace. Yet Obi-Wan states that he was such a prestigious master he could've been on the council.

Even if you look to the EU, Qui-Gon's only other padawan failed and turned to the dark side.
>>
>>63338374
If your civilization got its shit kicked in by the Republic every few centuries for all of recorded history you'd get tired of it, too.
>>
>>63338254
muh dick everytime
>>
>>63339254
This. Mandos are fucking scum anyways.
>>
>>63338374
The pacificist got their shit BTFO, Deathwatch take over and become the good guys fighting against Maul
>>
Anyone else thinks it's weird Ashoka calls Anakin skydaddy?
>>
It's a cartoon for children.
>>
>>63338014
He took Anakin under his wing against the wishes of Yoda and other council members though, he had to fight for it
>>
>>63338071
It really doesn't get better, though. The only way someone could like it is if they're a Starwars superfan who, likes, reads those shitty novels.
>>
Truly, the art style is the most disgusting I've ever seen.
>>
>>63339148
>>63337913

Any Jedi Knight could take a Padawan and be their Padawan's "master" but it didn't mean they were a Jedi Master.

Yoda was a Jedi Master. Very few characters outside of the council were, there were thousands of Jedi Knights and even more Padawans. If you throw in the non-combat orientated Jedi organisations, the overall membership is even larger.
>>
>>63337913
Obi-wan wasn't a master either when he took Anakin in. You dumb nigger.
>>
>>63341966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACXR-8oUhE
>>
File: flamethrowers.webm (3 MB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
flamethrowers.webm
3 MB, 960x408
>>63342446
It's get noticeably better, both it terms of budget and storytelling. Interestingly enough, for a kid's show, it had far more depth than any of the movie's by the end.
>>
>>63342446

Yeah i'll admit, it helps to be a total fucking Star Wars nerd.

I haven't read any of the old EU shit, but i've read 2 of these new books and i sort of dig how all this material is retconning the prequels.
>>
>>63341966
>>63338043
>THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY IS FOR MATURE ADULTS SUCH AS MYSELF
>>
>>63342648
Jesus fuck, isn't that a kid's show?
>>
>>63339148
Qui-Gon was a pretty balling Jedi Knight and deeply respected by many of the Masters. His actual power and ability wasn't quite up there but remember that Jedi are primarily intended to be neutral arbiters and diplomats, their combat prowess is intended to keep them out of harms way in more dangerous areas while they can begin to comprehend the situation and figure out the proper judgement.
>>
>>63342605
this
>>
>>63342648
>had far more depth than any of the movie's by the end.
/co/mblr you make me chuckle some times.
>>63342651
>all this material is retconning the prequels.
Absolutely nothing in TCW or the disnEU has contradicted the prequels.
Nice try tho.

Maul coming back is just impossibly retarded.
So retarded in fact, that they don't even explain how he survived.
>>
>>63342757

I didn't mean retconning in a contradictory sense, i meant in a sense that they try to make the prequels function in this universe by fleshing out the clone wars, the structure of the government, the transition from republic to empire, in a way the 3 films never did.
>>
File: mandalorians btfo.webm (2 MB, 1000x425) Image search: [Google]
mandalorians btfo.webm
2 MB, 1000x425
>>63342686
It's Star Wars. Decapitations and bloody stumps were all over the OT.
>>
>>63342807
Oh ok.

Maybe i'm alone in this, but I love the prequels as much the OT, but I dislike most of TCW, save for the Mortis arc, and the season six Yoda arc.
>>
>>63342858
I wouldn't exactly call the OT kids' movies though. But I distinctly remember this animated stuff to run on some kids' channel.
>>
File: Second battle of Geonosis2.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Second battle of Geonosis2.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63342757
>/co/mblr you make me chuckle some times.

I don't care about your childish internet rivalry with other boards and websites, what I said is true. The cartoon has more depth than the films. I'm not saying that they are better, I'm just saying they had more time to explore different facets of the setting.
>>
>>63339148
Wookieepedia says he took over the training of a Padawan named Feemor after Xanatos and it was his graduation to Knight that granted Qui-Gon the rank of Master.
Having said that, even they are unsure of the source.
>>
>>63342884

To be honest, i think Revenge of the Sith is OK,

AoTC and PM are garbage though, and the
prequels really only work if you are willing to watch
6 series of Clone Wars, a series of Rebels and read
Tarkin to get your context.

Otherwise the transition from RoTS to ANH is baffling, and even the transition from AOTC to RoTS.
>>
File: brain worm.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
brain worm.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63342894
>I wouldn't exactly call the OT kids' movies though.

That's awfully funny, since Lucas would.
>>
>>63342948
Thats hot
>>
>>63342894
>>63342948
The latter half of Revenge of the Sith is probably not appropriate for younger kids; the rest of the prequel trilogy they could handle I reckon.
>>
File: Ahsoka slave.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka slave.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63343013
Blocky graphics aside, Ahsoka was pretty cute to be honest, family.
>>
File: Ass slap.webm (2 MB, 980x417) Image search: [Google]
Ass slap.webm
2 MB, 980x417
>>63343026
They are all for children. There has not been a single mature-rated piece of Star Wars media. Disney cancelled the only M-rated video game there were making.

Some of the novels are obviously written for adults, but those barely count since no one reads them.
>>
>>63342858
...and PT.

>>63342921
The cartoon is simply NOT deeper than 4 or 5. Sorry bud.
>>
More Ashtoka slave lewdness please
>>
>>63343068
There are in Australia - both Attack of the Clone and Revenge of the Sith are rated M 15+
>>
>>63342948
>>63343026
There's also a difference between showing singular meaningfully violent scenes (luke losing his hand for example), and actively indulging in full out war footage like this scene >>63342858.

And the question is not whether a child can 'handle' being exposed to the stuff, but whether it's a good idea to let children immerse themselves in constant pseudo-violence
>>
>>63343091
>full out war footage

what is jedi getting shot up in the order 66 montage?
What is kids dying on screen(when bail is at the temple)?
>what in Anakin graphically burning alive?
>>
File: Umbara.webm (707 KB, 941x400) Image search: [Google]
Umbara.webm
707 KB, 941x400
>>63342686

The Umbara arc was really good and definitely could have messed with grown adult men never mind kids
>>
>>63343068
Just because something has a low rating doesn't mean it's intended for children.
>>
>>63343136
>could have messed with grown adult men
autism
cartoon violence=/=live action violence
>>
>>63343129
>what is jedi getting shot up in the order 66 montage?
>What is kids dying on screen(when bail is at the temple)?
>>what in Anakin graphically burning alive?

I'm not really sure what your point is. I never said that the NT was particularly peaceful or appropriate for children.
>>
>>63343204
>backpedaling
You were clearly cherrypicking the films(lukes hand) and then saying that TCW was more violent than that.

Please don't post at me again.
>>
File: lightsaber vs swords.webm (881 KB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber vs swords.webm
881 KB, 1176x500
>>63343070
>The cartoon is simply NOT deeper than 4 or 5. Sorry bud.

Sure it is, but you're free to explain why you disagree. Despite being a war between clones and robots, it manages to capture the scope of war far more thoroughly than the OT did, and in terms of the revelations it gave us in regards to the Force, it makes Yoda's most iconic lines seem silly.
>>
>>63343238
>>backpedaling
>You were clearly cherrypicking the films(lukes hand) and then saying that TCW was more violent than that.

As far as I know Luke's hand scene was in the OT, and I've only been talking about the OT. Also there is yet another difference between a movie and a tv show that runs on a kids' channel.
>>
File: Resolute vs CIS battlegroup.webm (1 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Resolute vs CIS battlegroup.webm
1 MB, 1176x500
>>63343163
It being intended for children makes it intended for children.
>>
>>63338000
What retcon?

Clone Wars and Rebels are canon.

>>63338020
Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels, and was the most watchable.
Check out the "anti-cheese" edits of the prequels on youtube. Way better.
>>
>>63343309
Again, something is not intended children just because the rating is low. That's not what ratings mean.
>>
>>63342757
>they don't even explain how he survived.
Yes they do. Maul says it himself. He used his rage and hatred through the Dark Side to sustain himself. It's not explained how he got the spider body.
>>
>>63343169
Live action violence=fake and everyone knows it
Cartoon violence=fake and everyone knows it

Both are fake and we all know it, and both can be impactful. This is like trying to say cartoons can't have emotional moments either because it's not live action...
>>
File: Clone of Murder.webm (1 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Clone of Murder.webm
1 MB, 1176x500
>>63343357
Again, it being intended for children makes it intended for children.

>>63343382
Fun fact: Maul first appeared with a spider-body in the videogame Star Wars Galaxy.
>>
>>63343442
You argued that because the rating is low, it must be for children. But that isn't how it works.
>>
>>63343068
Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens are PG-13. That's a "mature" rating.
>>
>>63343442
It's not intended for children. A large part of it is intended to *appeal* to children, but its made for wide audiences of any age. That's what's great about Star Wars. Anyone, regardless of age, sex, or race can enjoy it.
>>
File: vacum.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
vacum.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63343455
No, you're misinterpreting what I said. I didn't say that the movies are for kids solely because they have kid-appropriate ratings. The fact that they haven't had an exclusively adult-targeted piece of Star Wars media was more of an aside example.
>>
File: Arrival at Scipio.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Arrival at Scipio.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63343581
I agree that Star Wars appeals to people of all ages, but that doesn't mean it isn't intended for children. It simply means that adults can enjoy childish things.
>>
>>63343264
"Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter."
That line is an order of magnatude better than anything about the force in TCW.
>>
>>63343617
Is that Kuat?
>>
>>63343617
The only reason Star Wars isn't targeting an "adult only" audience is because that's a stupid business decision. Why do that when you can make more money off of appealing to a wider audience?

>>63343666
Star Wars is the biggest, most successful, and most popular franchise in all of Human history. Do you think if it was adult only it could have achieved this accolade? No. It isn't intended for children. It's intended for everyone.

What's childish about brutal, bloody war amongst the stars? Billions of people dying? Infanticide, genocide, corruption, greed, horror, evil, betrayal?

Oh because in a few small parts of an entire franchise, there's some childish shit going down kids would likely laugh at? Sure, let's conveniently forget that real life has childish shit going on constantly.

By your logic real life is childish and intended for children. It *also* has childish themes in certain places.
>>
>>63343751
You're not paying attention to what I'm saying. I agree that's a great line, but it's only a line. TCW had entire episodes focused on the nature of the Force and how it worked. Like I said earlier, I'm not saying it's better, I'm saying it spent more time exploring what the movies couldn't.
>>
>>63343797
I'm not suggesting that Star Wars should be adult-only. I'm saying that out of all the properties Star Wars has; including films, television shows, games, toys, comics, and fucking radio plays - the fact that none of it is intended solely for adults is telling. I actually think it would be a great business decision if an adult-targeted Star Wars property was released. I'm not saying the movies should be, they are hastily-constructed vehicles to sell toys at this point. But I think Disney could make quite a bit of money if they released a book where the kid's gloves come off and we can explore some themes that would resonate with an older audience.

>What's childish about brutal, bloody war amongst the stars?

In the way it's depicted in Star Wars? A lot.
>>
>>63343908
>But I think Disney could make quite a bit of money if they released a book where the kid's gloves come off and we can explore some themes that would resonate with an older audience.
Star Wars already resonates with an older audience.
>>
>>63338172

Clonetroopers because they are slightly less black.
>>
>>63343908
You obviously haven't read any of the new canon books yet then.

Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, Lost Stars, Twilight Company, etc.

>In the way it's depicted in Star Wars? A lot.
Any examples to cite?

>>63343972
And this. That's why you're wrong in thinking it'd be a "great business decision" if they did adult-only. The best way to resonate with adults is to get them when they're kids.
>>
>>63343972
It resonates with some older fans. I think they could reach a wider number of older people, and I think the franchise would be better suited if it aimed for multiple demographics.
>>
>>63343851
quantity=/=quality

now fuck off
>>
>>63344007
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Reality is the opposite of everything you're saying.

It resonates with 99% of older people because those people saw it when they were kids and are hooked still.

The franchise DOES aim for multiple demographics.
>>
>>63344037
Not him, but you're a dick, and pretty stupid.

You're just repeating what he's said.
>>
File: Thorn's last stand.webm (3 MB, 1040x442) Image search: [Google]
Thorn's last stand.webm
3 MB, 1040x442
>>63344003
>You obviously haven't read any of the new canon books yet then.

No, I have not.

>Any examples to cite?

Films one through six. I honestly think TCW depicts war the most harshly compared to any of the films, and I still wouldn't consider it inappropriate for children. And war, real war, is very much so.

>And this. That's why you're wrong in thinking it'd be a "great business decision" if they did adult-only. The best way to resonate with adults is to get them when they're kids.

I'm not talking about the fucking movies, mate. I mean some side bit of EU. Jesus, it's like talking to a particularly dimwitted brick wall.
>>
>>63344007
If you were legitimately concerned about being a euphoric intellectual adult you would be reading philosophy and history and not watching movies about people fighting each other with laser swords.
>>
>>63344087
Maximal butthurt.
>>
File: Anakin choke.webm (954 KB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Anakin choke.webm
954 KB, 1176x500
>>63344037
>quantity=/=quality

From the very beginning of the conversation, I made this point. Not once did I suggest that the Clone Wars spending more time on certain elements makes it better than the themes of the OT. You know what, I think I will "fuck off", since you seem not only utterly incapable of carrying on an intelligent conversation, but have the reading comprehension of a stump.
>>
File: stabbed.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
stabbed.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
Clone wars was pretty fucking good, best episodes were the clone centered episodes though. Show got pretty dark and mature at itmes too.
>>
File: Boba.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Boba.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63344087
...I don't even know what point you're trying to make here. No where did I suggest I'm trying to be euphoric or intellectual. You're pulling assumptions out of your ass.

I'm just saying a darker, more introspective Star Wars could be fun. I watch cartoons, I'm honestly not interested in being really, really grown up.
>>
>>63344075
>Films one through six
I meant specific examples. The stories in the films themselves are very adult oriented. Adult situations, adult scenarios, adult themes. Yes, Phantom Menace has a large part of child themes, because it features a child as the protagonist.

TCW depicts the war more harshly because it has the run-time to do so. I'd argue blowing up Alderaan and the implication scene of Anakin killing younglings is far more child inappropriate than anything in TCW. Fuck, Rebels has had darker moments than TCW. The first episode has Tarkin observing the beheading of people on screen.

>I'm not talking about the fucking movies, mate.
You clearly just tried to use films 1-6 as a basis for your argument that Star Wars is childish in the same fucking post, mate.

Besides that, you're simply ignorant, and that's okay, because you haven't read any of the new canon books, which are very much adult. I'd recommend audible and starting with one of the books on that list I gave you.
>>
>>63344153
>that smoke out of the hole at the end
they were artists
>>
>>63338172
>>63338217
>hurr durr stormtroopers can't hit anything!
you realize in their most infamous scene while rescuing leia they were deliberately missing right, they'd been ordered to let them escape
>>
File: stabbed star wars.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
stabbed star wars.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>63344212
Yep, animation is pretty good.
>>
File: star wars webm 2 space.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
star wars webm 2 space.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63344240
Yeah, you could say that.
>>
File: star wars webm 4.webm (2 MB, 941x400) Image search: [Google]
star wars webm 4.webm
2 MB, 941x400
>>63344267
>>
File: star wars webm grievious.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
star wars webm grievious.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63344291
>>
https://youtu.be/OE7RXDMAXPo?t=15
>>
>>63344323
Was this the only badass scene Grievous got in this entire series?
>>
>>63344267
>blow up command deck
>entire ship blows up

I hope the guys who designed that ship got shot
>>
File: star wars webm space 3.webm (3 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
star wars webm space 3.webm
3 MB, 1176x500
>>63344347
Nope, plenty of moments.

>>63344360
They bombed more than the command deck
>>
File: Anakin is mad.webm (2 MB, 1102x468) Image search: [Google]
Anakin is mad.webm
2 MB, 1102x468
Good friend
>>
>>63344381
Well all I remember of Grievous early on was him getting his ass handed to him and running off like a coward.

I only watched the earlier seasons, but from the looks of things they don't do much with him later on either.
>>
File: maul.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
maul.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>63344381
>>
File: Drunk clones.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Drunk clones.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63344240
...it's called the Clone WARS. But there are brief moments of levity.

>>63344211
>I meant specific examples. The stories in the films themselves are very adult oriented. Adult situations, adult scenarios, adult themes. Yes, Phantom Menace has a large part of child themes, because it features a child as the protagonist.

The themes aren't adult. It's a very simplistic, sanitized portrayal of war, and a very myopic perspective on morality. The violence and war is no more adult in scope than what you would find on Avatar: the Last Airbender or Thundercats.

>TCW depicts the war more harshly because it has the run-time to do so. I'd argue blowing up Alderaan and the implication scene of Anakin killing younglings is far more child inappropriate than anything in TCW.

Though if you think blowing up a planet full of characters we hadn't met is more explicit than watching characters we've grown to know and love being slaughtered in a war that is ultimately about nothing, then maybe you aren't the best person to judge what makes something "adult".

>You clearly just tried to use films 1-6 as a basis for your argument that Star Wars is childish in the same fucking post, mate.

Yes, but in terms of Star Wars having more adult-targeted media, I'm talking purely about the EU. I realize the movies are more than fine the way they are, but that doesn't mean that every novel or game has to ape them.

>Besides that, you're simply ignorant, and that's okay, because you haven't read any of the new canon books, which are very much adult. I'd recommend audible and starting with one of the books on that list I gave you.

I would like to point you to this post: >>63343068

Though if what you say is true, it only proves my point. There's nothing wrong with more adult-themed EU content. It only makes the brand and franchise stronger.
>>
>>63344381
Man, the PS2 looks better than I remember.
>>
File: Big Boom.webm (3 MB, 1180x500) Image search: [Google]
Big Boom.webm
3 MB, 1180x500
>>
>>63344483
nice meme
>>
File: 1441514698244.jpg (22 KB, 252x249) Image search: [Google]
1441514698244.jpg
22 KB, 252x249
>>63344444
>>
>>63344465
>...it's called the Clone WARS. But there are brief moments of levity.
You can make movies about war that aren't just long strings of explosions and behadings.
>>
File: Adi Gallia.webm (2 MB, 1180x500) Image search: [Google]
Adi Gallia.webm
2 MB, 1180x500
>>
>>63344442
good anon, where did you get such high quality clone wars webms from
>>
File: not enough.jpg (171 KB, 1116x1244) Image search: [Google]
not enough.jpg
171 KB, 1116x1244
>>63344500
c'mon, it looks like warm dogshit
>>
>>63344521
I made them from Blu-Ray rips. Here have some poetry.
>>
File: star wars webm 1.webm (3 MB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
star wars webm 1.webm
3 MB, 680x383
>>63344530
Ok, that's your opinion. But i think it looks pretty good for being a cartoon.
>>
>>63344517
She didn't master spinning, he easily blocked it.
>>
help guys, is there anyway to view these webs with sound on?

newfag here
>>
>>63344623
Nope.
>>
>>63344562
Nice to see the precursor of the empire transport navette
>>
>>63344623
try updating windows
>>
File: Palp vs Maul Bros.webm (3 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Palp vs Maul Bros.webm
3 MB, 1176x500
>>63344607
Jedi are poor as spinning. They have to rely on high ground. Sheev is a master at spinning though.
>>
>>63344623

No, newfriend, because some naughty people put in nasty or loud or illegal sounds.
>>
post ahsoka lewds
>>
>>63344685
>Sheev didn't immediately defeat them
NO NO NO
>>
File: Palp vs Maul Bros2.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Palp vs Maul Bros2.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63344685
Sheev pulls off a weaker version of his spin.
>>
File: Dooku duel.webm (3 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Dooku duel.webm
3 MB, 1176x500
Here we see Dooku learned some spinning from Sheev and used it to fight the Jedi

>>63344724
Well he did spend a good bit of the fight laughing. The man just can't help bud dick around.
>>
>>63344685
>>63344731
please someone post that jedi academy webm of palpatine spinning constantly and killing like 10 jedi
>>
Unlike Lucas, the director of this show and rebels actually cares about star wars.
>>
>>63344236
So Vader was like, dude, you should totally take on for the team and get killed?
>>
>>63339494
They are the Klingons of Star Wars after all
>>
>>63344510
It's Star Wars, not Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>63344791
Lucas was behind it, the thing was that he didn't write the stories. He just gave his ideas and opinions. His daughter actually wrote one of the best story arcs in the show too.
>>
File: Umbaran air battle.webm (2 MB, 941x400) Image search: [Google]
Umbaran air battle.webm
2 MB, 941x400
>>
>>63344623
Windows intentionally disables sound on most webms to prevent pirating (the exception being most porn and homemade vids where they don't have contracts with the publisher).
The good news is that you can easily hack around that blockade by deleting a file called "system32". After restarting your browser the sound should work
>>
>>
File: Defender rams the Procurer.webm (2 MB, 1134x482) Image search: [Google]
Defender rams the Procurer.webm
2 MB, 1134x482
>>
>>63344822
Fuck this is gorgeous. Completely illogical and stupid in terms of tactics and strategy, but it's beautiful chaos.
>>
>>63344781
I'm disappointed that we didn't get more great Dooku duels.
>>
>>63344802
The OT wasn't war porn. The NT admittedly was.
>>
>>63337999
HOLY TRIPS
>>
>>63344815
>giving approval to other peoples ideas
>behind it
>>
File: imout.gif (646 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
imout.gif
646 KB, 295x221
>>63344240
>mfw someone responds to everything in a thread and ruins my reading flow
>>
>>63344870
It was his money and ideas and so on that gave birth to this show and made it live on. Lucas is fucking good at everything that isn't writing. You know that too.
>>
File: 1365643766648.jpg (12 KB, 236x285) Image search: [Google]
1365643766648.jpg
12 KB, 236x285
>>63344444
>>
File: Death Blossom mode.webm (1 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Death Blossom mode.webm
1 MB, 1176x500
>>
>>63344863
The war between the Empire and the Rebels wasn't the focus of the OT, it was the setting.

The Clone Wars is the focus of the The Clone Wars.
>>
>>63344492
>rainbow explosions

oh wow they're doing that thing where the explosion completely calms down before intensifying massively, i've never seen that before
>>
>>63344444
>lift him with the force
>but don't take advantage of this to kill him

Why are siths so honourable ?
>>
File: oh my my.jpg (52 KB, 597x505) Image search: [Google]
oh my my.jpg
52 KB, 597x505
>>63344900
>>
>>63344465
I'm surprised they allowed them facial tattoos. Or any kind of bodily modification to begin with but facial tattoos are a big surprise. It wouldnt be something acceptable in the military today.
>>
>>63344885
Yes you're right. I just can't forgive him for the prequels.
>>
>>63344902
DIE DIE DIE
>>
File: 1440019678439.jpg (68 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
1440019678439.jpg
68 KB, 500x401
>>63337999
>>63338000
>>63338077
>>63338266
>>63341966
>>63343288
>>63343455
>>63343666
>>63344799
>>63344822
>>63344900
>>63344922
>all these unchecked gets

check'd
>>
>>63344928
That's how Star Wars ships exploded in Empire at War too
>>
File: Padme's handmaiden.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Padme's handmaiden.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>
>>63344940
It was to give them some identity. Allow them to express themselves.
>>
>>63344940
One of the over-arcing themes of TCW was showing that the Clones weren't just simple meatsacks to throw at the mass-produced droid army. The Jedi encouraged the Clones to be different and unique, while still being able to do their job.
>>
>>63338172
Clonetroopers hands down. Not only are they more fleshed out as characters, with the clone angle working really well with themes of identity, but they are also a superior fighting force than the Stormtroopers.
>>
File: Bane vs Jedi.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Bane vs Jedi.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
>>
>>
>>63344974
>>63344981
That I know, I'm talking from a military perspective, you want your troop to look exemplary, not like they're selling death stick on the lower levels.
>>
>>63345045
BANE ???
>>
>>63345068
You mean not black
>>
File: JJB.webm (2 MB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
JJB.webm
2 MB, 720x306
>yfw Jar Jar got a gf.
>>
File: Steve O laughing.jpg (24 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
Steve O laughing.jpg
24 KB, 453x453
>>63345085
>>
File: Mando civil war.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Mando civil war.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>
star wars board when?
>>
>>63342858
Snips
>>
>>63344724
he was toying with them, he could have easy used the force to crush them.
but to mock them and to humiliate them he used sabers against them
>>
>>63345165
Hopefully never
>>
>>
File: 0127 - SE0NCGA.jpg (58 KB, 794x794) Image search: [Google]
0127 - SE0NCGA.jpg
58 KB, 794x794
FUUUCKING STAR WARS PLEBS GET OFF MY BOARS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63345203
Sorry pepe but me and my girlfriend is enjoying looking at these webms.
>>
>>63345192
you sure? >>63345203
>>
File: air support.webm (1 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
air support.webm
1 MB, 1176x500
>>
>>63345252
We already have a permanent star wars thread on /co/
>>
>>
>>63345252
The board would get sheevposted to death within a day and everyone that actually wants to talk SW will be driven away.
>>
>>
>>63345283
0:06

He's clearly not pressing his lightsaber button
>>
>>63345344
you dont have to keep it pressed you casual faggot
>>
>>63344940
>It wouldnt be something acceptable in the military today.

The military today is not the military of all time, and what is "exemplary" in one time and place may well be crude in others. Soldiers in the American Civil War sported long hair and mighty beards, neither of which would fly post-1900, when the close-cropped,clean-shaven look became the martial norm. The clones having facial tattoos is, no doubt, a nod to Temuera Morrison's Maori people and their impressive tattoos.
>>
>>63345283
I fucking hate Count Dooku's fucking Sir Billi face in this show
>>
>>63345410
I'm prety sure you do, which is why every saber that's dropped instantly turns itself on
>>
File: 059 SW TCW S03E15 - The Son.webm (3 MB, 1000x424) Image search: [Google]
059 SW TCW S03E15 - The Son.webm
3 MB, 1000x424
>>63345448
what about lightsaber throwing? Vader in ROTJ?
>>
>>63345514
Well duh he keeps the button pressed with the force
>>
>>
>>63345199
>>63345059
Was he fighting invisible jedi?
>>
>>63345448
Pretty sure sabers can be locked on, since they have blade length dials to make it shorter/longer for the person using it
>>
>>63345572
Nightsisters. Jedi are not assassins.
>>
>>63345572
they aren't jedi and they are the nightsisters.
>>
>>63345572
no, just witches
>>
>>63345572
Nightsisters that came to assassinate him. He threw Ventress away after she failed him too much so she went home to mommy. Turns out mommy is some dark side equivalent of witch magicks that has a hate boner for Sidious.

>>63345588
Dark Disciple shows that the Jedi are willing to stoop to that. Obi-Wan offers the plan to kill Dooku that way and end the war before more innocents are killed. They use Quinlan Vos and Ventress to do it, but it goes horribly wrong.
>>
>>63345568
>grabs a lightsaber by the blade
WHAT
THE
FUCK
>>
literally a conduit for the force
>>
File: decloak.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
decloak.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>63345669
If it makes you feel any better none of that episode actually happened.
>>
>>63338014
But he killed a Sith Lord
>>
>>63345669
That arc was retarded. That dude was the force personified or some shit like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1128x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1128x472
Clone wars gave us bad ass moments like this
>>
>>63345669
>he doesnt know about the father on mortis
>>
>>63345703
arn't all living things a personification of the force?
>>
>>63345791
this was literally retarded... killed villians should stay dead.
>>
>>63345791
IS THAT A FUCKING SPIDER MAUL
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW
WHAT
>>
>>
>>63345410
do you have a youtube link for this fight, anon?
>>
>>63345812
>aren't all living things a personification of the force
get out of here pantheist
all living things are PERMEATED by the force.
the force wielders literally were the force.
>>63345703
bash it all you want, showing anakin his future was feels
>>
>>63345703
you spelled awesome wrong
>>
>>63345906
>showing anakin his future was feels
It was dumb since we already know what happens.
>>
File: 444444444444444244444444444444.png (880 KB, 947x676) Image search: [Google]
444444444444444244444444444444.png
880 KB, 947x676
>>63344444
>>
>>63345880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ycYOpltqM
>>
>>63346026

this one is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o
>>
>>
File: a sith lord.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
a sith lord.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>63345700
A Sith Lord?
>>
>>
File: Republic artillery.webm (3 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Republic artillery.webm
3 MB, 1176x500
>>
>>63345831
They get rid of those spider legs in the next scene.

The Darth Maul and Darth Icky episodes are pretty based though, all things considered.
>>
star wars rebels is the fucking bomb
>>
>>63344834
you bastard
>>
File: CIS super heavy tank.webm (3 MB, 1058x450) Image search: [Google]
CIS super heavy tank.webm
3 MB, 1058x450
>>
File: stormtroopers running from han.gif (549 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
stormtroopers running from han.gif
549 KB, 500x213
>>63344236
So?
After that scene, all they do is:
>barely capture a single princess
>kill a bunch of unarmed old people
>hit their heads on doors
>slip and flail around on the floor
>run away from a single smuggler
>miss every single shot in Cloud City
>lose to teddy bears

All the empire had going for them was their space warfare, and even then they lost their battles in stupid ways.

The stormtroopers have always sucked.
>>
>>63346082
Sheev needed a better voice for when he was Sideous.
>>
File: ahsoka mfw.png (99 KB, 235x312) Image search: [Google]
ahsoka mfw.png
99 KB, 235x312
>>63346174
>Ahsoka finally showing up and fighting the inquisitors

literally the only good part of the show
>>
>>63346207
Ewoks were endangered species. They would be fined a million space bucks for even harming one. After they accidentally blew that one up, everyone shit their pants and just abandoned ship so they wouldn't be the one holding the bag.
>>
>>63344902

it's a good trick
>>
>>63344928
the reason for the rainbow explosions is because the separatists were storing some kind of special bomb on that hijacked cruiser.
>>
I have a few questions
What inconsistencies with the films does this show have? For example, I saw a webm posted of Obi Wan fighting Grevious yet in revenge of the sith they seem to be meeting for the first time. Another one shows Anakin and obi wan fighting dooku but again in RotS it is implied that they haven't fought since the fight in the last film.
More importantly though, because I really don't give that much of a shit about the prequels, is this show worth watching? As someone who generally finds the prequels very disappointing but thought they did a few things fucking perfectly.
Like >>63338254 for example
>>
>>63346374
The show is absolutely worth watching. Watch the last 3 episodes of season 1 or so, and stick with the rest. Show is great.
>>
>>63343908
Underage detected.

Star Wars resonates with adults because it's nostalgic.
>>
>>63346261
>Ewoks were endangered species.
Evil space empire caring about that at all
>>
>>63346374
>I saw a webm posted of Obi Wan fighting Grevious yet in revenge of the sith they seem to be meeting for the first time.
Anakin and Grevious was the ones that never formally met.
>>
>>63346250
rebels ahsoka looks like shit desu

I can't fap to her anymore
>>
File: too old.jpg (17 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
too old.jpg
17 KB, 600x450
>>63346476
>>
>>63345514
>>63345536

*sigh* Noobians...

Lightsabers are turned on and off with the force. The crystal has a force connection with the person wielding it. That's why Obi-Wan and Ahsoka were surprised when he was able to shut them off while they were wielding them. It's also why they shut off when they are accidentally dropped.

That sith is presented as an enigma in the show. Strong in unknown dark arts.
>>
>>63343136
no
>>
>>63346566
then why do they have power buttons, or get used by people other than their owners?

If its tied to the users force power, then how is general grievance able to use them whenever? Or when Dooku gets his head cut off with his.
>>
>>63343136
The clones vs. Dexter Jetster was pretty tense.
>>
>>63346566
>lightsabers turned on and off with the force
they have several buttons/dials, for power setting AND length.
early lightsabers called "forcesabers" were deliberately powered by the force.
>>
>>63344121
SIMBLY EBIC XDDDD

OT FAN BTFO!!!!!!!!! TCW FTW :P
>>
>>63346646

I said it's tied to the wielder. Not the person who constructed it.
>>
>>63346811
That doesn't explain grievous
>>
>>63346566
good b8
>>
>>63346882

The force is connected to everyone, youngling. Not just Jedi/Sith.
>>
>>63346566
>falling for this post
>>
>>63346944
But not to robots
>>
>>63344564
Oh no, I meant the webm, which I assume was from one of the prequels.
I actually rather like the artstyle for the clone wars, been meaning to watch it one of these days.
>>
>>63347016

Grievous is a cyborg
>>
File: 10982347895.jpg (9 KB, 379x245) Image search: [Google]
10982347895.jpg
9 KB, 379x245
>>63344564
the animation/artstyle got so fucking smooth and detailed towards the end of the show, I'm sure we'd be getting close to order 66 if it wasn't cancelled.
>>
>>63347131
R2 uses a lightsaber at one point
>>
>>63347016
he had a heart though
>>
>>63347163

>implying R2 isn't just Kenny Baker in a suit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.