[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the hate for this guy honestly makes me sad you realize it all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
the hate for this guy honestly makes me sad

you realize it all comes back to "he's not as funny as the other guys", right? does that really constitute humiliating a man and shitting on his career?

literally everything people hate about Opie relies purely on insecurities/poor social skills, something pretty common here. if anything you faggots should be sympathizing with him
>>
>literally everything people hate about Opie relies purely on insecurities/poor social skills, something pretty common here

you realize he works in radio, right? smdh
>>
I honestly feel bad for the guy but I have to admit he doesn't have a good sense of timing. The times he'll get a good line in he'll either repeat it over and over or try to tag it and ruin the original line.
>>
>>63336280

Fuck off. He got lucky and got carried by other comedians/Anthony, sure, but that doesn't constitute the incessant hate. it's literally destroying the guy's life

being bad at a job doesn't necessitate being shit on daily. criticism, fine, but the personal attacks i've seen are fucking ridiculous
>>
>>63336280
If you weren't some Jonny come lately that just came to lick Patrices ass after he was dead you would know what good radio is.
>>
>>63336308

yeah he's terrible at his job, I just don't think he needs to be personally shit on with references to his mom's mental health and his "narcissistic tendencies"
>>
>>63336321
>being bad at a job doesn't necessitate being shit on daily.

what is jocktober?
>>
>>63336344
>what are recordings
>what is youtube
>>
>>63336367

>criticism, fine

insulting someone's professional career/persona is not the issue, what makes me feel bad is the personal attacks/references to his family/"I bet he thinks about suicide daily" shit
>>
>>63336344
what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>63336252
>you realize it all comes back to "he's not as funny as the other guys", right?

No it doesn't, that's just secondary shit. Gavin explained the whole deal perfectly.

https://vimeo.com/147871220
>>
>>63336365
It's obvious he inherited a bunch of baggage from his mom that he can't work through, the relentless attacks are hitting him personally and he just can't shake it off since every person calling him a failure is his mother.

I really do feel bad for him but I know he'd just get angry if I told him that because I'm the same way.
>>
Most of you probably never heard when Opie booked the Rock on with a WWE fan that had a website with racist comments about him and how the Rock turned in a fucking crybaby cunt and then stormed out.

That was radio.

Radio is not stand up comedy.
>>
>>63336459

I'll actually watch this and get back to you f*am. I don't know much about O&A, I just rewatch Louie CK interviews and recently found out about the breakdown
>>
>>63336396
i don't know what you're crying about, honestly. Opie himself said he pays no attention to the HATERS, so leave it alone.
>>
Opie made Anthony all that he is. Anthony couldn't say one critical thing about anybody until Opie taught him how.
>>
>>63336621
>Opie made Anthony all that he is.

Can you name one thing Opie did before Anthony?
>>
>>63336463

I've heard it. What's your point?

Nopie was subpar consistently and turned to total shit in the later years. He is paranoid, jealous, narcissistic, etc. I kind of feel bad for him because he's not talented and nobody likes him, but that's more of a pity feeling than anything. Like feeling sad for a retarded person.
>>
>>63336635
Anthony couldn't even talk to management. He's not responsible for anything. Just look at his show where nothing happens and never will.
>>
>>63336621
>Opie made Anthony all that he is.

Opie can't even decide on who he wants to be, between mimicking Florentine and all.

and Ant was Ant before ever meeting Opie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAJetk9iJo
>>
>>63336726

Can you name one thing Opie did before Anthony?
>>
>>63336463
I heard it on a youtube video years afterwards, and "comedy" can be many things other then stand-up or telling jokes.
>>
File: ant and patrice.png (1010 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
ant and patrice.png
1010 KB, 900x675
>>63336252

>Ant and Patrice doing god tier banter on the needless states like South Dakota and merging them.
>Opie chims in, "Hey Patrice, how about that Jets game..."

Opie is literally shit, period.
>>
>>63336252
He is becoming harder and harder to defend, even though I feel the same way you do.
Anthony is a piece of shit but opie does literally nothing to make his situation any better.
My jaw was on the fucking floor when he told jimmy "we're not that close." It's clearly hurt jim's feelings even though he'd never admit it.
>>
I used to like Opie and I feel really bad that he's becoming worse and worse.
>>
>>63336681
So he doesn't care now, not like he's able to do anything good anymore after the company destroyed the HIGH VOLTAGE setting that was there when they first arrived.

To say he wasn't responsible for everything good that happened in the past shows you're just on the ungrateful rat leech comedian side. Anthony knew that stuff wasn't allowed anymore and he fucking lost his paycheck. So what? Don't blame Opie.
>>
>>63336939
>To say he wasn't responsible for everything good that happened in the past shows

Go to bed, Gregg. You're drunk.
>>
>>63336852
That Niggah vs nazi bit was so fucking funny!
>>
>>63336759
of course not
>>
>>63336939

Greggshells is drunk again.
>>
>>63336308

I think The Opester is genuinely autistic.

He seriously doesn't get humor.

See the many times that Jim and the comedian guests are killing and having a great time, he's silent and confused/cuts to a useless caller. I don't think that he actually knows that Chip/Uncle Paul are characters and are meant to be humorous. They just make him uncomfortable. He seriously doesn't know what's happening when Jim does them.
>>
>>63336621

Both Opie and Ant are incredibly dysfunctional. They need each other.

O&A was the crazy, dysfunctional boundary-pushing show that it was because it was run by two psychos that hated each other and could not do anything else.
>>
>>63337064
Hey now, you know Opie likes a craft beer every now and then. Three Blue Moons really does him in.
>>
>Opie shills

Disgusting
>>
Patrice made them both
>>
>Haha the phones are BLOWINNNNN UP
>lets go to Devin in Ohio
>WHATS UP DEVIN
>>
>>63337331
Aaah i think joe is a good comedian far more better than patrice also that thing i told same to get on the line is fake i didnt fuck a racoon
>>
>>63336459
Gavin is the biggest tool in all of this.
>>
>>63337207
Remember when Bob Kelly was riffing about how he backed his ass onto Jim's hand or something and one finger popped in and Dopie thought it was for real? Bob said he was exaggerating and he said something like "Oh, you were doing exaggerated humourl Should have told me you were doing exaggerated humour."
>>
File: Untitled.png (636 KB, 835x431) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
636 KB, 835x431
>It's an Opie throws cereal at people and makes everyone uncomfortable episode
>>
>>63336252

>you realize it all comes back to "he's not as funny as the other guys", right?

No it doesn't. He is a hypocrite.

After he browbeat Voss so hard that he felt compelled to apologize to Opie on twitter it became official: this man spent years trashing unfunny holes only to become one of them.

If anything he should get a pass because he has obviously inherited a bit of crazy from his mother, but his actions themselves are shitty and people are right to call him out on them.

Everyone has weird run ins with this guy.. I remember Big Jay did recently too. He's just super angry and controlling. He had his moments when he was younger but he can't hang anymore. Comedy is reduced when he is in the room now.
>>
>>63337207

>He seriously doesn't get humor.

i've been listening to a lot of older eps recently. he does get humour but he isn't an initiator. he just riffs here and there on the going topic. he's not unfunny he's just regular person on the street funny. he's co-worker funny.

i don't think it's autism it's something else but there is something there i agree.
>>
>constantly talk shit about people in a very mean spirited way
>the second they say something back get incredibly defensive and turn into a mopey child for the next 20 minutes

he is a fucking worthless human being and awful at what he does and he is a fucking millionaire

fuck everything
>>
>>63338703
vos always apologizes after the show
>>
>>63339193

It was different that show. Opie literally stopped everything after a harmless joke by Voss which was obviously a bant (something about the talent leaving the show in reference to Anthony leaving) and Opie spazzed out like he always does and started raging and saying to Voss "if you want to do this we can do this". Typical sensitive hole shit that he always does now.
>>
>>63339300
im not defending the shells, i just posted because i think its hilarious how this grown man who is a stand up comic that specializes in beating down his friends calls them up later to make sure he didnt go too far
>>
>>63339300
Sirius are probably up his ass all the time about preventing lawsuits or further firings. unfortunately he can't acknowledge it so he just has to be the fans whipping boy so that everyone can continue to have jobs.
>>
File: image.jpg (511 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
511 KB, 1056x1080
>>63336252

Uh, why should I feel bad for him? Honestly, I never thought Opie this much of a faggot until I listened to that fight with Jimmy the other day.
>>
>>63339355

This is so delusional I have half a mind to ask you if you are actually Opie posting as anon.

He chooses this level of passive aggression, m8. He chooses it. If you literally can't get along with someone as agreeable and kind as Jim Norton then there is a bigger issue at play here.
>>
File: balding torpid sloth.jpg (15 KB, 153x216) Image search: [Google]
balding torpid sloth.jpg
15 KB, 153x216
We're not that close

period.

sniff.
>>
>>63336759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTGSfnRGMlM
>>
People who are inclined to be die hard fans of Jim Norton and Anthony cumia have something wrong with their psyche. Opie set himself up to be the punching bag. Being the bad guy could slice things up anyway so why not own it a little?

I really do not enjoy Jim Norton's style of humor, and I find his opinions on most things to be worthless. Anthony is just pigfuck retarded. Poor can do a decent radio show with other funny people/ personalities. I'm not sure Jim can, and I know Anthony can't, given the proof that is the Anthony cumia show.
>>
>>63339444
>This is so delusional I have half a mind to ask you if you are actually Opie posting as anon.

Opie has hired people in the past to boost his twitter followers, and has hired Spiral Viral to make viral videos for his youtube channel.

basically, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Opie is also paying people to boost his reputation through the internet. he certainly is desperate for approval from leddit considering he reads it everyday, and it profoundly effects him.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.