[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about MASH? What did you guys think of it. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: p183880_b_v7_ac.jpg (116 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p183880_b_v7_ac.jpg
116 KB, 480x720
Can we talk about MASH? What did you guys think of it. I'm watching it for the first time, I'm on season 5 right now.

I'm really loving it. It's hitting immediate satisfaction with each episode.
>>
>>63334953

Damn comfy.

It gets a bit preachy, especially when Alan Alda took over behind the camera. But it's still pretty good.
>>
>>63334963
Those are my thoughts exactly. Besides a very small occasions, Alda keeps his incredibly liberal views to a very mature standpoint.
>>
God damn this war!!!
>>
>>63334953
SUCIDE IS PAINLESS
>>
>>63334986
>Alda keeps his incredibly liberal views to a very mature standpoint.
No, he doesn't. But the show rarely suffers for it. Mostly because Charles Winchester turned into such a Larger-Than-Life-Character. DOS transcended his character and became twice as compelling as Alda by his second season on the show.
>>
I liked later seasons with BJ and Potter. BJ had more personality and Potter felt very in synced with the rest of the cast members. Winchester was great too.
>>
>>63335078
I'm not there yet. I'm about to finish the fifth season and he comes in the next.

I'm happy to see Frank Burns leave though, he is way to predictable and really got no character development.
>>
>>63334953
>mfw mash is aired with laugh track in original version
>>
if it's on I watch it no matter what
was a big deal when it ended
big feels that last ep
>>
>>63335133
not op
I downloaded all without laugh track
such a win they decided to release it without canned laughter
>>
>>63335133
The first 2 seasons had a ridiculous amount of laugh tracks. I'm happy that they are pretty much negated season 3 onward.
>>
>>63335133
I watched on TV recently, its very off putting.

Quality is bad too, makes you appreciate DVDs a lot more.

Also the cutting is terrible on some channels too.
>>
File: alda-mash_soused[1].jpg (23 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
alda-mash_soused[1].jpg
23 KB, 295x200
>>63335151
>5151
>>
>>63335175

Have to agree with this. TV networks are cutting several minutes out of each episode to fit in more commercials.
>>
>>63335108
>>63335109
Winchester is great and real character unlike Frank Burns. He is usually dick but with many redeeming qualities and in some episodes more sympathetic than main protagonists.
>>
>>63335277
Yeah, when Winchester got knocked down a peg it was generally a moment of insight for him. He even gets comfortable enough with Pierce and Hunnicutt that he'll prank them back instead of just throwing a tantrum like Burns did.
>>
File: radar.jpg (23 KB, 515x388) Image search: [Google]
radar.jpg
23 KB, 515x388
The actor who played Radar apparently had a deformed hand. He kept hiding it throughout the entire show.
>>
So how come they never addressed the issue of Hawkeye being too drunk to perform emergency surgery, given that the choppers arrived sporadically and he was constantly downing martinis?
>>
>>63336141
he was the good...
noone compared
>>
MASH was a classic in every sense of the word.

mainly because of the writers.
>>
>>63335277
Yeah Winchester was my favourite character, Burns was too slapstick low brow American humour. Winchester's comedy was mixed with depth and made you appreciate the other characters more as a result.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.