[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on blair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: Blair_Witch_Project.jpg (107 KB, 301x425) Image search: [Google]
Blair_Witch_Project.jpg
107 KB, 301x425
redpill me on blair
>>
>>63334543
It's absolute shit solely due to bad editing.
>>
>>63334543
Watch it more than once and it has absolutely zero suspense because now you know the witch never fucking shows up.
>>
>>63334543
Time travel
>>
Masterful marketing campaign
>>
>>63334543
The mockumentary they made for it is actually a better watch than the movie itself
https://vimeo.com/114798394
>>
>>63334543
Not the first found footage movie, but the one to take it mainstream. Those kids all got rich as shit off it.
Many people believed it was real when it was released. Some of them probably still do.
>>
>>63334584
This is actually canon, the witch sends them back in time.
Confirmed on Reddi.
>>
It had one of the greatest viral marketing campaigns in history. That played a HUGE part in it's success.

It also does what a lot of found footage movies don't do which is have a decent mystery plot. It has a lot of ambiguity to what exactly is going on and what the Blair Witch can do. If it even is the Blair Witch that is.

Outside of a few outliers, it's still the most effective found footage horror film, because of the shit quality video. It has a sense of authenticity that most found footage movies lack.
>>
>>63334584
?
>>
What always got me about this flick is why didn't they try to bend the mechanics of the situation in their favor?
>>
>>63334704
what do you mean?
>>
>>63334704
wat
>>
>>63334704
>why didn't they try to bend the mechanics of the situation in their favor?
Either this is a meme or you're an idiot.
Probably both.
>>
>>63334704
literally, what?
>>
File: cool and composed.jpg (133 KB, 1749x1312) Image search: [Google]
cool and composed.jpg
133 KB, 1749x1312
>>63334721
>>63334729
>>63334734
>>63334739
>>
>>63334751
Are you saying they should have burned the woods down?
Did you not notice how they walk in one direction for over twelve hours and end up in the same spot? If they burned the woods down they would have been trapped and died
>>
>>63334751
classic
>>
>>63334779
They could've started a fire and walked in the opposite direction eventually running into help along the way.
>>
It was pretty fucking scary when I first saw it, won't deny that it had its moments but some scenes were pretty shit.
>>
>>63334900
>crazy witch is attacking us
>let's start a forest fire
something tells me that won't end well
>>
>when the babby starts crying and covering their mom's mouth when the mom starts talking about the witch
spooky
>>
it's amazing on the first watch, not as much on the subsequent ones.
i like its atmosphere and buildup. i eat up creepy innawoods stuff. it has a good balance between keeping a villain subtle while not making it boring.
the justification for the dude throwing the map away beyond "muh frustration" could've been better. maybe hint more at the blair witch fucking with their brains or something.
>>
>>63334900
starting forest fires is harder than you think senpai
>>
Oldfag here, I saw bwp opening weekend with zero buildup. It was unlike any prior experience I had at the theatre, extremely enjoyable.

Watched it again a couple years ago on directtv. Such shiat.

Time and place matters, just like the Dude taught us..
>>
anyone see it in theatres/opening night?
>>
>>63335354
Yes and yes.
>>
>>63335377
what was the hype like? the theatre reaction?
>>
>>63335410
>what was the hype like?
The hype was real.
>the theatre reaction?
I don't remember any screaming, it really wasn't a shocker kinda movie after all, but do remember the house was packed.
>>
>>63334543
Tried to watch it a few weeks ago, but I spend most part of it browsing 4chan on tablet. I literally can't even remember how it ended.
>>
>>63335055
This.

Groundbreaking for its time, but after the initial hype dies down all you're left with are annoying unrelatable characters and a stale gimmick.
>>
>>63335410
My opening weekend midnight showing at the end the entire audience was quiet and most everyone just sat and watched the full credits in silence after the lights came up. Those who did get up and leave were quiet.. it was different.
>>
>>63335509
>in silence
the best, 2bh senpai. especially for horror movies
>>
The endIng still creeps me out. Dark, dilapidated houses, especially those in the woods terrifies me.
>>
>>63334556
nice meme
>>
>>63334642
i hope you are joking?
>>
I get really irritated when characters in such movies act so irrational. I get that tiredness, hunger and whatnot psychological effects will impair your judgement but come on. Try to come up with solutions using logic!

How about following the creek for a while. Surely that will get you to some human settlement. Why is this not even a suggestion? I want characters who can logically, even scientifically analyze the situation they are in. Very little of this was in the Cube but what else?

If I was one of the characters I would try to bend the mechanics in the same situation (of course if I could keep my composure), start a fire for example, burn down the forest.
>>
>>63334556
and terrible acting
>>
>>63334543
It's garbage that's hyped up by pansies who can't handle jump scares in real horror movies.
>>
>>63336642

nice meme
>>
>>63334673
this
>>
>>63334630
Wasn't Cannibal Holocaust the first found-footage mainstream film?
>>
>>63334543
You getting blue pilld.

It be good movie
>>
Why didn't they just follow the river?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.