[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't he get any good roles anymore? man fuck hollywood.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: INTRO_GETTY_EdHarris.jpg (440 KB, 1946x1946) Image search: [Google]
INTRO_GETTY_EdHarris.jpg
440 KB, 1946x1946
why doesn't he get any good roles anymore? man fuck hollywood.
>>
File: erwin-rommel.jpg (109 KB, 1084x1600) Image search: [Google]
erwin-rommel.jpg
109 KB, 1084x1600
>>63333859

I can't believe we didn't get a dark and gritty ww2 movie with him as Rommel.

GOAT casting choice.
>>
>>63333968

He was still pretty good as the enemy sniper in Enemy at the Gates.

>hanging that opportunistic blind kid that was playing both sides

Heh heh
>>
>>63333859
he was great in truman and gone baby gone

He's old and doesn't really follow the status quo
>>
>>63333968
Rommel looks alot like bill paxton.
>>
>>63334121

Didn't he have a meltdown while filming The Rock and then later promoting History of Violence? Might be something there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azOWjmfUqVw
>>
>>63334070
He's an ace at playing high ranking wehrmacht

>fuck that kid. gave him food, warned him to evac, instead he betrays him
>>
>>63334180
I just think he had (and still has) some strongly held views about the world.
You see this in most actors >55 right now. Most are not very concerned about fame, consider a movie because of the script /money(only if they nedd it very much). This acts as a sort of filter for bad movies, because good names never get attached to them.

Most actors now arent actors at all and suck dicks to get roles. They have no integrity and will do just about anything. That's why you see unoriginal films, hacks making movies, and the wave of capeshit being so eagerly gobbled up by the normalfags. They don't care if a movie is good, or if it holds a value, they watch it because their friends do. The mob mentality is killing films. Frankly, it's been a year since I've seen any films in le cinéma. The last one was Interstellar and it was fine. I used to watch 20-25 films per year in the cinema back in 2004-2005 but now I can't justify paying for movies that are shit.
>>
>>63333859
He was fantastic in Glengarry Glen Ross.
I really should've watched that movie sooner.
>>
>>63334474
The first paragraph was good, and I agree. I think Harris is just a very opinionated person and wanted to shock people by "acting out" to get them to pay attention.

The second paragraph goes full fedora.
>>
>>63334803
doesn't make it false
>>
>>63333859
He was pretty good in Appaloosa, which he directed. And Snowpiercer.
>>
He's going to be in the Westworld television series as "The Man in Black" which hopefully is going to be a rogue gunslinger. Could be great.
>>
File: Knightriders.jpg (96 KB, 399x618) Image search: [Google]
Knightriders.jpg
96 KB, 399x618
>>63333859
I feel like he's the kind of man who does what he wants. He doesn't have to put his kids through school like Ron Perlman, and he doesn't want to stroke his ego like Steven Seagal so he does movies when he really wants to.

His first role was in the movie Knightriders (1981). It's one of my favourite movies, but a lot of other people consider it a weird piece of indie shit. I think that he's still got the soul of a true artist and performer and getting into Hollywood just sort of happened. >>63334474 is right to some degree probably. He's in Hollywood to make movies, not the other way around.
>>
>>63333859
Old as fuck. Old guys dont get many roles brah.
>>
>>63334180
how is this a meltdown?
>>
File: yul-brynner-westworld[1].jpg (48 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
yul-brynner-westworld[1].jpg
48 KB, 658x370
>>63335059

>He's going to be in the Westworld television series as "The Man in Black" which hopefully is going to be a rogue gunslinger.

I hope you're fucking joking right now. What are you even doing on this board?
>>
>>63335098
Anon probably only read the video title. Who has time to watch shit?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YziNNCZeNs

@1:37
>>
>>63335115

Yes because randomly slamming a desk and shattering a glass behind him is a normal thing that everyone does.
>>
>>63335098
yeah i dunno seemed to me he was providing violence, showing people what the main theme of the movie was. see the reaction? that's what the goddamn movie is about. genius.
>>
>>63335149
No, it's violence.
>>
>>63335149
he was asked a question about violence
>>
>>63335072
>Old guys dont get many roles brah.
Sure they do. They just make enough money that they don't have to take any they don't like.
>>
>>63335200
ask De Niro

>dat grandpa movie
>dat intern movie

literally what
>>
>>63335259
yeah hes making a shitload of money without having to put any thought at all into his characters

easy money
>>
>>63335259
Maybe he doesn't like being idle. A lot of old people don't like to quit what they do. My almost 80-year old grandfather was a builder and he's still making piles of furniture all the time. Maybe De Niro's like that and he just can't bring himself to sit on his ass all day even though he's financially secure.
>>
>>63335259
De Niro loves to act and isn't that concerned about the quality of whatever he's acting in.
>>
>>63335352
this

He'll do a movie, any movie, as long as its half-decent
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.