[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Girls.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Redpill me on Girls.
>>
It's a show about things you don't understand
>>
>>63333747
They run the world
They run this mother
>>
>>63333747
Main character is a rapist irl
>>
>>63333767
Elaborate.
>>
lots ass shots, ass eating, feet, some tits and drama

overall a 10/10 show
>>
>>63333747
It costs pennies to produce, and it gives Lena Dunham an occupation.
HBO keeps it going as a PR stunt.
>>
>>63333747
Jews being Jews
>>
Believable characters. I don't like any of them; I just feel pity.
>>
N E P O T I S M
>>
It's not how talented you are but how many Jews like you
>>
someone post the ass eating webm
>>
>>63333808
This.
It also gets pity Emmy/Golden Globe Awards noms, and being the award slut it is, HBO just keeps it rolling.
>>
>>63333919
But it has to be at least somewhat good to get all those nominations
>>
>main character is named Hannah and is a bitch

>every Hannah I met was a bitch

It's like pottery
>>
File: Lena Dunham.jpg (145 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Lena Dunham.jpg
145 KB, 1280x960
Really good acting, character development, scene direction and set construction, Lena's a legitimate genius with a large variety of jokes from low to ultra-high brow.

She's just a troll. I don't get why people don't get that, as if women are unable to troll. She didn't rape her sister, she was never raped, it was just a fantasy story life that she can construe as real. When this show came out, many people thought everything she did, actually happened, that she was actually this person in real life.

She kind of has a unique style in that she always writes herself into her art in a literal way. But unlike most people, she doesn't really dress herself up to be someone amazing.
>>
>>63334080
Go to bed lena
>>
>>63333964
Bullshit. It gets nominations because of its leftist narrative and of course, Jewish nepotism.
>>
>>63334080
>I've never seen the show.
>I'm just postin' to be contrarian!

FTFY
>>
File: lena durr.jpg (800 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
lena durr.jpg
800 KB, 1200x800
>>63334080
Oh, and she has a lot of guest directors come in and its really fun to see their styles and I came to realize that its a pretty cool thing that she does that because some episodes definitely deserve a unique take.

For example, if she wants to do an episode about a story that takes place almost entirely in one structure. She will have Richard Shepard come in and he really excels at including a lot of small nuanced touches in the house and manipulating shots has a real Sofia Coppola vibe and it especially transfers to love stories.

She knows her weaknesses and isn't afraid to let other people come in to make sure the show is absolute quality.
>>
>>63333964
It gets noms in the same category as the big bang theory and glee
>>
>>63334226
>She knows her weaknesses
if she knew her weaknesses she would not be so fat still
>>
there was a webm of a guy eating ass from an episode of this show
I need this
>>
File: ratchetbitch.jpg (60 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ratchetbitch.jpg
60 KB, 720x960
>>63334189

Ive watched every single episode. I've watched the show with people and the ones that don't like it are always "slow".

I sometimes talk with them after an episode and like to see how used to turning their brains off that they miss everything the show has to offer and its honestly really sad that the same people view Breaking Bad and GOT as the highest forms of cable, where the plot and characters can only be moved forward with a new crAzzzy situation. Lena takes day to day issues and demonstrated the profound effects they have on peoples lives.

Plain and simple, this show wins awards because its good. All the main actors in her show have gone on to be incredibly successful, I can't say that about any other show. There isn't a huge following for GIRLS, so these people are only riding on their talent.

Jewish conspiracy arguments are really amusing though. Considering she often makes fun of Jews and she has very little influence in Hollywood.
>>
>>63334245
Which should be impressive, as both those shows have many-millions of viewers and represent the two highest grossing "dram-com" shows on television. While GIRL competes with a muuuch lower following.
>>
File: fear-factor.png (158 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
fear-factor.png
158 KB, 500x360
>>63333800
>ass eating
http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/girls-sex-scene-marnie-butt-rimjob.html

>I grabbed the makeup girl and said, “I want to smell like a cake,” so we put vanilla cream everywhere so everything smells good.
>>
Why did Lena publically announce that she molested her sister? What is she trying to prove?
>>
Only guys that eat ass will understand this show.

I miss my exes asshole.
>>
Nepotism and Pride

She just copied Sex and the City even the self indulgent main character/writer, but without the comedy
>>
>>63335170

That no one could do anything about it
>>
it's satire with no target and no humor higher than 'somebody says something obviously stupid or pretentious very earnestly'. it's first season was passable because it was just sloppy random jabs at how boring and awful all of the characters are and there's a small amount of entertainment value to that but you're still just watching boring awful people stand in rooms and be melodramatic with no arc or progression.

Every following season has been absolute garbage because even though they retain the 'look at these shitty people' non-satire, the shows 'point' became lena passive aggressively defending herself against real life criticism through her characters. it's not done cleverly or with any intent of entertainment, it's just pure narcissism and the people that stick with it past that point are just doing it because they think it fits their affected style of living or have been sucked into her shabby cult of personality, the latter group is comprised of 90% dumpy white female internet entertainment and pop culture news writers for what should be obvious reasons and their dogmatic support of her is the reason the show is still around. all legitimate tv critics have washed their hands of it years ago.
>>
You'd think it's a show about the hot ones and then get shat on when it's actually an excuse for the fat ugly one to show her disgusting naked body every chance she gets.

Fuck that series.
>>
Is Shoshanna in the latest season or is she really in Japan now?

The best episode was beach house when they all had that fight and they aren't really friends at all. Showed how pointless female friendship is. Girls is the only show on tv that honest.
>>
You watch the show for Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky, that's it really
>>
Are all off them jew? no wonder its so degenerate
>>
>Redpill me on Girls

Okay.

Dunham has been a designated future famous person since she was a kid. She got a Times arts profile for being in high school. Nobody "discovered" her. The business was always obliged to give her a place in it.

I don't know what happened with Amy Schumer, but the You Just Can't Handle How Real She Is, Haters! slot was open—presumably because Dunham is a total flop with audiences; no amount of press can make people interested in half-assed work from a dipshit socialite who's ugly—and Amy got "next." She's less obviously repugnant than Dunham, and actual funny guys are helping her out, so she'll be able to stick there for a year or two.

But, huge fucking mistake, she and the press have decided to model her new celebrity persona on Dunham's—on a massive market failure. We're all about sick of that shit and we'll be glad to see another of those white whales flop back out of sight. "America can't wait for people to stop talking about Amy Schumer!" Not a good long-term look.

Anybody know what secret crime Apatow committed that he's the one who owes foisting all the Real Women Of Comedy on us? What executive's daughter did he rape? The payback is fucking up his reputation. In five years it's made his name poison to the genre's core audience, like M. Night Shyamalan's is to horror fans.

No, it's not The Jews, although lots and lots of them may be Jewish, that's not the point. It's not a hook-nosed octopus-tentacled Jewish cabal pulling stings, it's a cultural cabal pulling strings.

1 of 2
>>
>>63336794
An object at rest remains at rest, an object in motion remains in motion - inertia and momentum, application of external forces. That is how the whole subatomic universe operates, what makes you believe the choice of what is greenlit operates contrary to this?

There is a distinct ideological worldview purposefully expressed through culture. 'All politics is downstream from culture', this was Breitbart's brilliant coke-fuelled insight. There is a reason all musicians talk how they talk at benefit gigs, there is a reason all films look like this and not like that, TV schedules do not operate in a vaccuum. The medium is the message. There are reasons Tough Crowd was cancelled and the Daily Show was not. These will be the same reasons the New York Times published over 300 separate articles about Lena Dunham between 2001 and 2014.

Occasionally I am minded to pin photographs of newspaper editors, film producers, tv executives, book publishers, members of art charities and foundations and academies, the schools they all went to, the lecturers they all had, the campaigns they contribute to, the people they are related to and the people they fuck, those they invite to upper east side dinner parties or to horrifically white Californian wine trips, and connect them all with red string and post-it notes. It wouldn't take as much as you might be imagining. But then I decide not to, cos I can't be bothered.

Bill Maher and Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert and Jon Oliver are on gilded billboards; Gavin McInnes is in Anthony Cumia's basement. Nothing happens for no reason, everything happens for some reason. The universe tells us this.

That's "who."
>>
>>63335286
i feel ya ffam
>>
at first i watched it because i thought it was a satire. but its not so I had to finish every season to see how far up their own asses these people are
>>
>>63336893
but she said it was satire
>>
>>63338518
she also poured pebbles down her toddler sister's cooter-hole

dunham is as proficient at satire as she is at getting on and staying on a treadmill
>>
>>63336794
>>63336811
sounds like you know what you are talking about. are you one of these people?
>>
>>63336794
>>63336811
are you alright
>>
>>63333747
It's basically a dirty version of Freaks & Geeks but better since there's no Geeks.
>>
Does anybody know when the new season starts airing?
>>
>>63333747
It's one of the best comedies on television. Adam is based as fuck, Jessa is best girl.
>>
>>63334520
You're right, of course, but no one is able to see past their biases here.
>>
>watching The Knick
>it's an Elijah episode
>>
P E B B L E S
E
B
B
L
E
S
>>
solid 8-9/10 show
I don't even give a fuck about jews or nepotism as long as they don't force their feminist / SJW propaganda in the show (and they don't)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.